Lane Departure System - Not working?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:10 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACC Won't Engage

I've only had my Advance for a couple of weeks, but have had no issues with the LKAS. However, I have experienced a couple of instances where the ACC wouldn't engage. it acts like it wants to , but disengages almost at once. So far, it's always cleared after a few miles, but frustrating all the same. The problem is intermittent. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
MedX172, how is the system working now after the lens was cleaned? Are you getting consistent lane departure warnings and does your LKAS lock on regularly? I have exactly the same symptoms as you reported, but haven't taken mine in to the dealer yet.

Does anybody know how easy it is to access the camera? If not a big deal, I'd like to take the cover off and check my lens to see if there is anything on it that may be causing poor performance.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Being that I am having problems with LKAS and ACC on my 2016 RDX with only 13,000 km (7300 miles) it was great to discover this thread. Both worked perfectly fine at first but now ACC works intermittently and LKAS does not work at all. I can live with LKAS not working but not without cruise working properly. I can be going down the high with cruise (ACC) set at 110 km/hr (65 MPH) and all is fine for a bit than suddenly it feels like cruise has disengaged and my speed drops to 100 km/hr or even to 90 km/hr. Gives me the feeling that the vehicle is just going to stop in the middle of the highway. After a bit I can feel the transmission down shifting from 6 to 5 and the RDX speeds up again to my set speed of 110 km/hr. In the USA there is an Acura Service Bulletin # 15-027, dated September 28, 2016 covering this issue however and although my RDX was manufactured in the USA this Service Bulletin does not cover Canadian models. I have printed it off and will take it with me to my service appointment on May 29th.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Cruisin'

Sorry to bump an old thread but.... I have a 2015 TLX AWD ADV. and since the first month that I had the car I hated all of the driver assistance technology. The LKAS would read imperfections in the road as lanes and flash the lane departure notification and vibrate the steering wheel in the direction it thought I should be going, which is annoying when you're dead in the center of a lane and the steering is suddenly pushing you out of that lane. The CMBS would often flash and yank the seat belt on me during normal highway driving when passing and changing lanes or when slowly turning into a parking lot parking space. The blind spot lights don't light up 50% of the time that there is a vehicle there. The rain sensing wipers were terribly inaccurate, they would almost always be in the wrong speed setting for the current rain conditions. Even when I corrected them, they would either speed up too much or slow down too much, rendering the system useless. But all of this complaining had a point; I currently have a service loaner its a 2016 TLX V6 Tech (build date 1/2016) and while it doesn't have all the features of an Advance, the features it does have all seem to be working properly in this vehicle. Now it could be that its a newer build and the production plant has updated hardware and/or software that fixed these issues, or it could be that the processor in the car just isn't powerful enough to handle all of the extra systems carried by Advance models. Anyone feel free to chime in with experiences/opinions.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EverythingGoodWasTaken
Sorry to bump an old thread but.... I have a 2015 TLX AWD ADV. and since the first month that I had the car I hated all of the driver assistance technology. The LKAS would read imperfections in the road as lanes and flash the lane departure notification and vibrate the steering wheel in the direction it thought I should be going, which is annoying when you're dead in the center of a lane and the steering is suddenly pushing you out of that lane. The CMBS would often flash and yank the seat belt on me during normal highway driving when passing and changing lanes or when slowly turning into a parking lot parking space. The blind spot lights don't light up 50% of the time that there is a vehicle there. The rain sensing wipers were terribly inaccurate, they would almost always be in the wrong speed setting for the current rain conditions. Even when I corrected them, they would either speed up too much or slow down too much, rendering the system useless. But all of this complaining had a point; I currently have a service loaner its a 2016 TLX V6 Tech (build date 1/2016) and while it doesn't have all the features of an Advance, the features it does have all seem to be working properly in this vehicle. Now it could be that its a newer build and the production plant has updated hardware and/or software that fixed these issues, or it could be that the processor in the car just isn't powerful enough to handle all of the extra systems carried by Advance models. Anyone feel free to chime in with experiences/opinions.
I have the same problem here. Even worst, my car would jumped to another lane when the LKAS activated. Scared the crap out of me, and good thing it was at night so there wasn't much traffic. I had the camera replaced. It is better than before but not 100% perfect. When the car curve to the left, it worked pretty good but not so much for the opposite direction. Rain sensor is a joke. I gave that up. Blind spot only work if the car is within 5ft from your car, otherwise it would not detect.
Have you try to get the camera replace yet? Maybe this help a bit for you
Old 07-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by noclue02
I have the same problem here. Even worst, my car would jumped to another lane when the LKAS activated. Scared the crap out of me, and good thing it was at night so there wasn't much traffic. I had the camera replaced. It is better than before but not 100% perfect. When the car curve to the left, it worked pretty good but not so much for the opposite direction. Rain sensor is a joke. I gave that up. Blind spot only work if the car is within 5ft from your car, otherwise it would not detect.
Have you try to get the camera replace yet? Maybe this help a bit for you
I did not. From day 1 of noticing all of this, I assumed all of it was simply the product of buying the first model year of a new generation. And that thought process was kinda solidified by this loaner I've been driving, The tech's accuracy is night and day difference from my 2015. I agree these systems are not 100% but they are definitely more reliable in this 01/2016 build loaner I currently have, than my 2015. They may have even improved more in the current builds... who knows.

Last edited by EverythingGoodWasTaken; 07-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Every car is different. I got to drive some loaners TLX and they all different from one another. I recommend go try to get the camera replace first. There is a TSB for it but I forgot the number. A quick search will get you the number. Maybe they will clear up any other errors you got that you didn't know.
The following users liked this post:
EverythingGoodWasTaken (07-13-2017)