Navigation Local Search not working

Old 05-20-2019, 09:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Local Search not working

I have a 2017 TLX tech with a full premium subscription to Acuralink. The ‘Local Search’ function returns an error message “unable to connect to server” without even attempting to dial Acuralink. All other functions work including traffic, rerouting, view routes and connecting to acuralink with the overhead button. Traffic rerouting is set to on and server connect is on.

This same problem happened last August. The dealer did a battery disconnect to reset but no joy. The problem fixed itself in Sept. by a system fix at Acuralink. It has now failed again since Feb. 2019. I found a couple of entries in an MDX.ORG forum with the same problem. I have opened a case since Feb. with Acura Canada but they have totally failed to return my call even after checking with call centre every couple of weeks.

It would be helpful to me if somebody could test this function to see if it is only a problem with my car or central to all of Acura.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 02:07 PM
Cruisin'

Update.

I dropped into my dealer yesterday and asked for the service manager to help me get some response from Acura Canada. I got a call this morning from a tech who has been assigned to the case. They have determined it is a central server issue and are working on the problem. They have promised to follow up when it is fixed. We shall see. I am retired now as an IT Manager and I know for certain that if I had taken four months to fix a server issue my users would have physically thrown me out the door.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:33 PM
Cruisin'

Update.

I had a call from Acura last week to say they had fixed the problem on the server and could I test it from my car. The test worked fine and I thanked them for the response. I still find it remarkable that they took six months to fix a server bug.