Confirming a destination from Waze (Android Auto) 2018 TLX Tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:25 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Confirming a destination from Waze (Android Auto) 2018 TLX Tech

I have a new 2018 TLX A-Spec, tech pkg. I use Android Auto from my Samsung Galaxy phone. I can select either Google Maps Navigation or Waze as alternates to the onboard navi, and I prefer Waze.

Today I wanted to set a new destination under Waze. I long-pressed the talk button and asked it to take me to the address I wanted. Google handed it off to Waze and the Waze search function started and found exactly the destination I wanted. I confirmed with the enter button. So far it all worked perfectly.

But then there is supposed to be a box that pops up with the destination confirmed and a little banner underneath that says "GO" so that I can highlight the "go" button and start navigation, but the damn box disappears on its own after about a half a second. In fact, if I didn't know it was supposed to there, I might have missed it altogether. So, no way I could make it take "yes" for an answer.

The odd thing is that if I tried a different destination, same process exactly, the "Go" screen stays up and I can select the "Go" button and navigation starts. So sometimes it works as it is supposed to and other times there is just no way to confirm the destination since the destination screen disappears in a flash.

Baffling....
Old 06-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Very glitchy, yes, quite disappointing. I have the 2018 TLX and also use Waze - I think I need to figure out how to customize Android Auto, choose for myself what apps run, and unlock everything that googles says "I'm sorry I can't do that right now" or whatever other excuse google gives for not working. I want to be able to look stuff up, see photos, red emails, etc, all on the center console screen.

Also, you should be able to set Waze to "Go now" by default once you pick the destination instead of having to go through that stupid annoying multi-step selection, then have to turn the knob to get it onto the "Go" button (which is really really annoying, easy to turn past, and somewhat hard to see what you've actually selected sometimes, that should just not be the case).