Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by weather

pretty sexy if you ask me....
Yes it is! Is that the 2.4 turbo?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Nope...that is the V6 with the standard wheels.

Check out this review (Big Acura guy) - Listen to that engine sound!:

Also by Motorweek (in white)

Sorry guys for taking the thread off topic....
Old 11-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Awesome!! Okay, I am going to look at those too
Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Well, I may very well just cancel and do something else. The Chevy SS is looking pretty good to me right now

Don't give up now Stew! You've waited so long. Surely, it can't be that much longer. Reading your posts every day or so makes me feel like I've been waiting with you. Hang in there a bit longer. You're so close.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by a32tl
Don't give up now Stew! You've waited so long. Surely, it can't be that much longer. Reading your posts every day or so makes me feel like I've been waiting with you. Hang in there a bit longer. You're so close.
I am thinking I could go for my second color choice, Black Copper Pearl, which there are several in my area in the package I want. I do like that color too!
Hmmmm
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
I am thinking I could go for my second color choice, Black Copper Pearl, which there are several in my area in the package I want. I do like that color too!
Hmmmm

Saw a Black Copper Pearl at a dealer this weekend-awesome color.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
Saw a Black Copper Pearl at a dealer this weekend-awesome color.
Yes, it really is beautiful. I have seen one in the parking lot of my office. I like how the colors change from black, to brown to copper/bronze in different light and angles.

I had already preordered the BWP, so I was "stuck" with that color but since the factory is dicking around with the build, I think I can convince my dealer to let me change.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
My wife has had her ATS 2.0T for about a year, and before that the first and second generation CTS's (both bought the first year they came out). No problems whatsoever. Great cars.

I know it's just one data point, but thought I'd mention it.
The following 2 users liked this post by wlkeel:
Stew4HD (11-26-2014), weather (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Yes, it really is beautiful. I have seen one in the parking lot of my office. I like how the colors change from black, to brown to copper/bronze in different light and angles.
Stop right there mister! You live in Texas which is reported to have some very hot days. I do not want to hear any subsequent regrets about not getting the BWP as:
- the car is too hot (take that anny way you want), or
- that you stand out having this unique color rather than blending in with 30% of the other cars on the road.

If you now change your mind and give in to the BCP we will miss the ongoing saga and don't even think about a different car as you will not be entitled to have the crown of the person who waited the longest for your TLX. This record must be worth a lot to Acura marketing "look how long this guy waited - it must really be special car".

Maybe we should start a contest on how long you will have to wait for his car. If you were in a location with snow, I would vote spring as who wants to take delivery to then drive in slush the next day.

Anyway, do not look at any other BCP as you may feel an unexplained urge to get this color. You have been warned!
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Quandry
Stop right there mister! You live in Texas which is reported to have some very hot days. I do not want to hear any subsequent regrets about not getting the BWP as:
- the car is too hot (take that anny way you want), or
- that you stand out having this unique color rather than blending in with 30% of the other cars on the road.

If you now change your mind and give in to the BCP we will miss the ongoing saga and don't even think about a different car as you will not be entitled to have the crown of the person who waited the longest for your TLX. This record must be worth a lot to Acura marketing "look how long this guy waited - it must really be special car".

Maybe we should start a contest on how long you will have to wait for his car. If you were in a location with snow, I would vote spring as who wants to take delivery to then drive in slush the next day.

Anyway, do not look at any other BCP as you may feel an unexplained urge to get this color. You have been warned!
I finally heard back from ACR and was told that he BWP version I want might be built in mid Dec but that is only what some spreadsheet tells him.. I was told the same about it being Nov. 11th.

I am going to get the BCP and be unique. I promise not to bitch about the heat. I am driving a dark blue Accord now, so I can deal with it

I never imagined that it would be so difficult to get that car.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:56 PM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
I finally heard back from ACR and was told that he BWP version I want might be built in mid Dec but that is only what some spreadsheet tells him.. I was told the same about it being Nov. 11th.

I am going to get the BCP and be unique. I promise not to bitch about the heat. I am driving a dark blue Accord now, so I can deal with it

Crazy - seems crazy!

In an effort to make you feel better here's a pic of my BWP TLX:

Are you still able to take advantage of the Acura Advantage program?
Old 11-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
Crazy - seems crazy!

Are you still able to take advantage of the Acura Advantage program?
Eww, white is nasty, ewww! Oh wait..

I will make sure they honor the program.. or no deal.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:06 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
^^ I agree...A simple phone call showing they give a damn goes a long way!

BTW...HOw reliable has your caddy been?

Stew4HD....Man, you have more patience than I do! I'd go absolutely nuts waiting seeing all these people driving their TLX and having no information about yours.
It's been fine aside from a few things. For example when I first got it last year at about 400 miles I noticed a very slight oil leak on the garage floor.. No drop in oil level just a slight occasional stain.. It took the dealer 3 times to figure out that the oil filter assembly gasket wasn't aligned properly at the factory.

The heating element in the drivers side recaro seat needed to be replaced as well as a TPMS sensor. And the supercharger was replaced due to a TSB issued by GM..

However, it is a very solid car, no creaks, squeaks, rattles nothing. And as soon as I hit the gas I forget about any of these other things anyway because the car is a beast and a lot of fun ..

Funny you mention the ATS Coupe. I was just at the dealer last Friday having the TPMS sensor replaced and I sat in the ATS coupe.. It was very nice.. Front is almost as roomy as my V Coupe but rear seats looked real tight, even tighter than in my coupe..

So if the rear seat is something you may use on occasion just make sure you take a close look at it.

Last edited by JT4; 11-26-2014 at 02:11 PM.
weather (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 02:20 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

This is crazy....

On the other hand the BCP is really nice.. Have you seen it in person and in the sun??
Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JT4
This is crazy....

On the other hand the BCP is really nice.. Have you seen it in person and in the sun??
Yes, I have. I like the way it shows the pearl essence off. The first time I saw a BCP, I thought it was bronze from a distance, then as I walked past it and looked, it was black. I even thought then that I should have ordered that color
Old 11-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CheeseyPoofs McNut
May I counter with a pic of a BCP:
Old 11-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Thank you! If all goes well, I'll have one in my garage this evening.. we'll see
Old 11-26-2014, 04:47 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Thank you! If all goes well, I'll have one in my garage this evening.. we'll see
Oh wow I didn't realize you would be doing this tonight...I hope it works out for you..
Old 11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JT4
Oh wow I didn't realize you would be doing this tonight...I hope it works out for you..
Well, as an update.. No deal. The dealership that my dealership had a trade deal with sold the car out from under us this afternoon. A driver was sent there to pick up the car.. it was gone. There is not one other BCP or BWP with Expresso Advance SH-AWD that exists in my area/within .. they are contacting south Florida to try and make a trade... This has become a true dark comedy..
Old 11-26-2014, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Well, as an update.. No deal. The dealership that my dealership had a trade deal with sold the car out from under us this afternoon. A driver was sent there to pick up the car.. it was gone. There is not one other BCP or BWP with Expresso Advance SH-AWD that exists in my area/within .. they are contacting south Florida to try and make a trade... This has become a true dark comedy..
I know it's been a long wait but hang on a little bit longer. I'm sure they'll get one to you as soon as they possibly can. At least it seems like they're really trying.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by a32tl
I know it's been a long wait but hang on a little bit longer. I'm sure they'll get one to you as soon as they possibly can. At least it seems like they're really trying.
I was told that the BWP version could be available before another BCP. They don't show another production run of that BCP combo this year.

Oh well.. I am not happy but there is nothing I can do about it. I can wait or...
Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Tick, tock, tick, tock, the saga continues. I cannot begin to imagine the emotional roller coaster and the frustration that you must be feeling, but we are all rooting for you.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks!
Yes, yesterday was one of those roller coaster days... was told I'd be getting a call telling me when to come and see the car... detailed the Honda in preparation.. then get the call that pulled the rug out.. strange days indeed.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Damm, you just can't get a break... It's almost as if someone is trying to tell you something with all these delays...
Old 11-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JT4
Damm, you just can't get a break... It's almost as if someone is trying to tell you something with all these delays...
If it wasn't for the way that Acura is producing their batches, I'd agree with you and then go a different direction.

It I wasn't insistent on the Expresso interior... I could get a BCP in ebony or parchment now. It seem Acura is limiting their batches with that interior most of all.

Hopefully the dealers in Florida will be willing to trade. If not...
Old 11-27-2014, 11:19 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jjsC5
According to cars.com, there are nearly 7,000 TLXs in inventory around the country.
Where do you find this info on cars.com? Thanks!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JetDriver
Where do you find this info on cars.com? Thanks!
You can use the many different filters they have. Link >Here's what I use < link
Old 11-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Wow, your situation sucks, stew. If it's any consolation, think of us RLX hybrid fans who had to wait 18 months after Acura said they'd be available, then released only 250, only about 15% of them Advance models. I resorted to getting my third choice of color to get one (silver, then graphite and black neck and neck for 2nd and 3rd).
Old 11-28-2014, 06:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Wow, your situation sucks, stew. If it's any consolation, think of us RLX hybrid fans who had to wait 18 months after Acura said they'd be available, then released only 250, only about 15% of them Advance models. I resorted to getting my third choice of color to get one (silver, then graphite and black neck and neck for 2nd and 3rd).
18 months is far worse! I hope I don't sound like I am whining because I am that bad. The chain line of events has become almost comical.

I should find in the next day or so if they were able to secure one from another dealer.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Nope, I'd be whining, too.

Well, I was a bit worse, resorting to calling the hybrid "vaporware". Sounds like your color combo is vapor, too. Hopefully that changes soon.

May you obtain a significant discount for your wait!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

This is the look I am shooting for.. deciding on body kit or not.. I know the kit looks great on dark cars.. or get the chrome door molding instead

Name:  BCP.png
Views: 37
Size:  639.8 KB

Latest news, they found me a car in Florida. They are sending a transport there to pick it up. I will believe it when I see it
Old 11-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have to believe it. One person cannot be tormented this much and have to pay big bucks for the experience.

Notice how the light plays tricks with the two photos. In the top one with 18" wheels you would think there is a big gap between the tire and the arch, but not on the 19" photo. Also the body line crease in the lower photo that seems to be missing in the upper photo. All these curves, creases, and subtle design stylings can only be appreciated with a hand wash.
Stew4HD (11-29-2014)
Old 11-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Suzuka Master

I am cautiously believing it

If I had known what this color looked like in person, I'd have ordered it in the first place.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ STEW!! OMG...You are ditching the white?!?!? (lol)

Congrats...It looks like you are about to get a new set of wheels very soon! You will LOVE the 19 inch wheels in the flesh...they make the car really stand out! I would get the bodykit if I were you but its purely subjective at this point.

Congrats and can't wait to see how things will turn out
Old 11-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ STEW!! OMG...You are ditching the white?!?!? (lol)

Congrats...It looks like you are about to get a new set of wheels very soon! You will LOVE the 19 inch wheels in the flesh...they make the car really stand out! I would get the bodykit if I were you but its purely subjective at this point.

Congrats and can't wait to see how things will turn out
yeah.. being bold and standing out in the crowd. I have had several white cars and like the BWP but this color just makes a statement, to me. It says: "Hey dipshit, just try to keep me clean looking!"
Old 11-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ Well, my being bold and standing out in a crowd means I'll be driving something else rather than a different color....An order has been put.

I'll keep you guys informed when it arrives in the spring
Old 11-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ Well, my being bold and standing out in a crowd means I'll be driving something else rather than a different color....An order has been put.

I'll keep you guys informed when it arrives in the spring
ATS Coupe?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ LMAO....I changed my avatar to reflect the "mystery" I was all over the place between the ATS (coupe or sedan), Lexus IS, TLX or ILX Dynamic (manual version in Canada), and the BMW 235....So it could be one of those or something completely different
Old 11-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^ Seems you are back to square one:
- manual or automatic
- FWD, RWD, or AWD
- 2 door or 4 door
- domestic, Japanese (based), or German (low, medium, or high priced)

Then there is interior style, exterior style, and performance stats, not a trivial consideration. Have I clarified your decision process or made it harder? Or maybe just go with your heart and get the TLX. Why else would you be still hanging around here!

Quick Reply: Order Wait Times?