My 2.4L TLX Tech

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014 | 03:58 AM
Instructor

My 2.4L TLX Tech

Well, my wait is over! I brought home this graphite luster metallic/ebony 2.4L Tech TLX tonight. I picked it up with just 3 miles on it -- a new record for me! I just registered in the owner's thread.

To summarize, I paid $36,651 before taxes/fees. This includes all weather mats, rear splashguards, trunk liner, wheel locks, and LED fog lights. For those who are curious, the fog lights look great and match the white light output from the Jewel Eye headlights perfectly although you can't really appreciate it from my iPhone photos. Also, I agree with some others who have mentioned that the standard rims are actually not as bad in person.

I took a few quick photos on the way home and have put them in my PhotoBucket:
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/bd...204-cyl%20Tech

Brandon
The following 10 users liked this post by bdwpac81:
a35tl (08-16-2014), BookemDanole (08-16-2014), enchantedsky (08-16-2014), Gen4MDX (08-17-2014), Ken1997TL (08-16-2014), madrussian190 (08-18-2014), MikeAmmo (08-16-2014), ostrich (08-16-2014), Rocketsfan (08-16-2014), Rocket_man (08-16-2014) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by bdwpac81
Well, my wait is over! I brought home this graphite luster metallic/ebony 2.4L Tech TLX tonight. I picked it up with just 3 miles on it -- a new record for me! I just registered in the owner's thread.

To summarize, I paid $36,651 before taxes/fees. This includes all weather mats, rear splashguards, trunk liner, wheel locks, and LED fog lights. For those who are curious, the fog lights look great and match the white light output from the Jewel Eye headlights perfectly although you can't really appreciate it from my iPhone photos. Also, I agree with some others who have mentioned that the standard rims are actually not as bad in person.

I took a few quick photos on the way home and have put them in my PhotoBucket:
http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/bd...204-cyl%20Tech

Brandon
Congrats - looks great!
Old 08-16-2014 | 05:42 AM
Drifting

Niiice. Gottal love that light show!
Old 08-16-2014 | 06:19 AM
Intermediate

Looks like a nice car, congratulations.

I guess everyone with an i4 tech should get the LED fog lights since they look good and match the jewel eye headlights.
Old 08-16-2014 | 06:46 AM
Intermediate

Congrats!

Eyeing a TLX w/ tech myself. Probably the best value in the industry right now.
Old 08-16-2014 | 06:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Looks good, congrats. My favorite color combo. I can't get over the lack of tail pipes though, Acura lost me on this one
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Congrats!! Thanks for the pix. One of your photos is tiny and won't expand.. is that a picture of the interior door handle?

I have no problem with the missing exhaust tips.. they are aesthetic for the most part anyway... a 1.5 in pipe with a 3" tip welded on.. easy to get used to
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:16 AM
Cruisin'

Congrats!! That LED fog lights look so awesome with the jewel eye headlights !
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:24 AM
Advanced

Congrats Bdwpac81 and enjoy your TLX.
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:39 AM
Suzuka Master

OP...contrats on your TLX!! Looks great. Are the blue led lighting in the door handles a mod or thats how it comes?
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by weather
OP...contrats on your TLX!! Looks great. Are the blue led lighting in the door handles a mod or thats how it comes?
It's standard! They really did a nice job with the interior blue ambient lighting. You'll find it in the door handles, over center console, inside center storage bin, inside glove box, and front floor area.

The interior dome lights (front and back) also appear to be LED white light as opposed to incandescent bulbs, which looks good in my opinion.
The following 3 users liked this post by bdwpac81:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (08-16-2014), isaacmaestre (08-16-2014), weather (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Congrats!! Thanks for the pix. One of your photos is tiny and won't expand.. is that a picture of the interior door handle?

I have no problem with the missing exhaust tips.. they are aesthetic for the most part anyway... a 1.5 in pipe with a 3" tip welded on.. easy to get used to
Yes, I included a few shots of the ambient lighting inside and one was of the door handle area. Sorry if it didn't turn out on your end. I am not sure what happened.

I also kind of like the lack of visible exhaust pipes. I think it gives it a a clean/refined look but that's just my opinion. I'm not really a sports car enthusiast myself.
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Yes, I included a few shots of the ambient lighting inside and one was of the door handle area. Sorry if it didn't turn out on your end. I am not sure what happened.

I also kind of like the lack of visible exhaust pipes. I think it gives it a a clean/refined look but that's just my opinion. I'm not really a sports car enthusiast myself.
When I went back and re-opened the pix, it was fine. I like that touch of blue in there. Thank you for the shots of it and the console storage area under the stack.

... waiting for mine.. it's going to take ".. a lot of patience"
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:52 AM
Suzuka Master

^^ I hear ya...I am not sure if I'll be able to hold off til next spring....man winter is gonna be a torture!!
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
When I went back and re-opened the pix, it was fine. I like that touch of blue in there. Thank you for the shots of it and the console storage area under the stack.

... waiting for mine.. it's going to take ".. a lot of patience"
I have never had sleep problems in my life and could not sleep last night… was playing with the customizations and even took it out for a drive at 4 AM! My friends are so tired of hearing about this car already, lol.
The following 5 users liked this post by bdwpac81:
cpr2 (08-16-2014), dysonlu (08-17-2014), mr2core (08-16-2014), Rocketsfan (08-16-2014), Stew4HD (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014 | 08:02 AM
Advanced

Bdwpac81, Is the I4 so much fun to drive as almost all reviewers said? Can't wait for mine!
Old 08-16-2014 | 08:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on your purchase! Please keep us updated on your ownership experience.
Old 08-16-2014 | 08:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cpr2
Bdwpac81, Is the I4 so much fun to drive as almost all reviewers said? Can't wait for mine!
I'll get back with you later today… I didn't really push any limits last night but am going to take it out on the highway in a little while. So far, I really like the smooth feel of the transmission… big difference from my TSX. It is also exceptionally quiet on the inside as many others have mentioned.
Old 08-16-2014 | 10:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by weather
That's how it comes, but the odd thing is that only the front door handles are lit. C'mon Acura!
Old 08-16-2014 | 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

From reading these forums I think a lot of folks haven't tried out the MDX - the TLX interior is almost identical. Many make statements about tech trickling down from the RLX, it doesn't. It trickles down from the MDX, the true Acura flagship
Old 08-16-2014 | 10:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats, enjoy.
Old 08-16-2014 | 10:43 AM
Racer

Very nice! Do I see a lit interior door handle pocket?

Enjoy!
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:02 AM
Drifting

Congrats. Beautiful car. That rear 3/4 view is really outstanding.
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:04 AM
Randy is the Future

Hey Brandon, have you noticed how the seatbelt always pulls itself back in when ever it is out too loosely? Kind of like its motorized versus the traditional way it will retract back in. I test drove one the other day and that was the first thing I noticed. It was kind of weird at first but I'm assuming it is some sort of safety feature.
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by nore03
Hey Brandon, have you noticed how the seatbelt always pulls itself back in when ever it is out too loosely? Kind of like its motorized versus the traditional way it will retract back in. I test drove one the other day and that was the first thing I noticed. It was kind of weird at first but I'm assuming it is some sort of safety feature.
Were you in and Advance Package? If so, these models have motorized seatbelts that automatically take up the slack. These also provide the warning "jerk" feature in the CMBS.
The following users liked this post:
Gen4MDX (08-17-2014)
Old 08-16-2014 | 12:35 PM
Racer

Congrats.
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:00 PM
AZ Community Team

Congrats! beautiful car.
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:00 PM
Advanced

Congrats, the car looks great!
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:09 PM
Instructor

Smile

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:34 PM
Instructor

A couple of updates:

1. The glare of the vent which shows up in the driver side mirror which others have mentioned is definitely there and a bit annoying. I'm hoping that it may improve with window tinting but I have no idea.

2. I am able to receive text messages on the TLX display but cannot send replies or obtain e-mail. I have an Apple iPhone 5. After speaking to an Acura tech support person this afternoon, it turns out this is due to phone software compatibility issues. I asked if any particular phone model allows for full connectivity to the TLX at this point in time and the answer is no... Android was apparently fully compatible but now due to a recent software update they are having the same problem as Apple users with sending replies. Hopefully, Acura will collaborate with Apple and Android to fix this in the coming weeks/months. I realize this isn't a big deal in the overall function of the car but wanted to pass its long for those who are focused on technology.

3. The driving experience has been very good so far. It feels a lot like the V6 model that I drove, actually. The gears shift very quickly and I barely notice it. For what it's worth (I'm not very mechanical), the RPM is at 1.8 while cruising at 65 MPH. The steering seems precise and improved compared to my TSX. The turning radius also seems improved although I have not seen any numbers to know for sure.

4. The electronic parking brake automatically engages at times. I was confused by this at first but it now seems like it happens when the brake-lock feature is engaged and you take off your seatbelt which makes sense for safety reasons. I need to pop in the DVD manual to find out for sure. It caught me off guard as I was stopped at a red light, had to undo my seatbelt to reach for something from the back seat, and then noticed the actual electronic parking brake (not just the brake-lock) had been engaged. The red "BRAKE" light indicator showed on the display in addition to the green "BRAKE LOCK" notification. I quickly released it and was ready to go before anyone from behind could give me the horn, lol.
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:54 PM
Forum Contributor

A couple of updates:

1. The glare of the vent which shows up in the driver side mirror which others have mentioned is definitely there and a bit annoying. I'm hoping that it may improve with window tinting but I have no idea.

2. I am able to receive text messages on the TLX display but cannot send replies or obtain e-mail. I have an Apple iPhone 5. After speaking to an Acura tech support person this afternoon, it turns out this is due to phone software compatibility issues. I asked if any particular phone model allows for full connectivity to the TLX at this point in time and the answer is no... Android was apparently fully compatible but now due to a recent software update they are having the same problem as Apple users with sending replies. Hopefully, Acura will collaborate with Apple and Android to fix this in the coming weeks/months. I realize this isn't a big deal in the overall function of the car but wanted to pass its long for those who are focused on technology.

3. The driving experience has been very good so far. It feels a lot like the V6 model that I drove, actually. The gears shift very quickly and I barely notice it. For what it's worth (I'm not very mechanical), the RPM is at 1.8 while cruising at 65 MPH. The steering seems precise and improved compared to my TSX. The turning radius also seems improved although I have not seen any numbers to know for sure.

4. The electronic parking brake automatically engages at times. I was confused by this at first but it now seems like it happens when the brake-lock feature is engaged and you take off your seatbelt which makes sense for safety reasons. I need to pop in the DVD manual to find out for sure. It caught me off guard as I was stopped at a red light, had to undo my seatbelt to reach for something from the back seat, and then noticed the actual electronic parking brake (not just the brake-lock) had been engaged. The red "BRAKE" light indicator showed on the display in addition to the green "BRAKE LOCK" notification. I quickly released it and was ready to go before anyone from behind could give me the horn, lol.
See this thread on the electric parking brake:

Operating Logic for the Electric Parking Brake (EPB) Feature
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-2015-2020-415/operating-logic-electric-parking-brake-epb-feature-916216/
The following 3 users liked this post by EE4Life:
bdwpac81 (08-16-2014), Ken1997TL (08-16-2014), Rocketsfan (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014 | 05:03 PM
Summer is Coming

A couple of updates:

Congrats on the car. It is really nice. I like that color too.

The auto Parking Brake got me on my first test drive. As soon as you are at a stop and release your seat belt the car thinks you are getting out and puts on the parking break. Once you get used to it it will probably be a nice feature, but you need to think before you remove your seat belt as it is essentially the same as putting on the parking brake. I was also a little confused looking at the electronic shifter between the transmission 'Park' and the Parking Brake. I kept hitting the 'Park' button since it was lit up in red instead of the Parking Brake. Rookie mistake

Would love to see some pics from the inside of the car at night, especially out the windshield on how the Jewel Eye headlights work.
The following users liked this post:
bdwpac81 (08-16-2014)
Old 08-16-2014 | 05:55 PM
Instructor

Congrats!!
Old 08-17-2014 | 10:45 AM
Intermediate

Text message replies.

You cannot reply to text messages through the SMS feature built into the cars software, but a long press on the voice command button will engage Siri Eyes Free, allowing you to ask Siri to do things for you. She can read and send texts and emails. Get directions and a lot of other things. It's one of my favorite tech features in the car. This is standard on all models.

A couple of updates:

Old 08-17-2014 | 11:05 AM

Congrats