May car sales down

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Funny thing. Most reviews say that the q lost the spirit, the g once had.
Old 07-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I'm sincerely wondering what this dick swinging competition has to do with May car sales being down.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by mondster
Again very subjective. You think the tlx is a step backward in looks over the 4g.... and yet the 4g has always been regarded as one of the ugliest cars acura built.
As a TL owner, I can agree with you that the TL was not a pretty car at all! It did have odd shapes and some angles made the car look hideous and in that respect, the TLX has the TL beat by a LONGGGGgggg shot. While remain objective and fair about the whole thing, and how I try and maintain my integrity, there is no doubt that the TLX is lacking some respect to the TL.

Let me explain, before I get flamed....

1. In terms of quietness and finesse on the road, the TLX has the TL beaten and would be viewed as a step up over the TL if that is something you appreciate.
2. In terms of fuel economy, the TLX has the TL beaten as well so in that respect, if you view that as a step up, the TLX is a step up from the TL.
3. In terms of technology (lane assist etc), the TLX has that over the TL but again, which subsequent generation doesn't see an improvement in the tech department....So again, the TLX has the TL beaten in that respect.
4. In terms of driving dynamics, here is where I feel the TL has the edge of the TLX. The car feel more solid, well planted and more engaging that the TLX. The TLX has lots its edge in terms of edgy driving performance....is it the transmission? The fact the car is so quiet and feels disconnected from the road? All I know is that when I drove the TLX on the few occasions I did, it just didn't feel as edgy as my TL...Maybe its the lack of the visible exhaust? (lol)
5. As far as the quality of the material, I think the TL has an edge over the TLX here as well. The seats in my TL were just sublime...those in the TLX are OK but don't seem to have the same quality about them...they feel cheaper. Look at all the problems with parts.....from the tires (Michelin to Goodyear), problems with puddle lights, faulty wheel hubs, transmission issues, engine mounts, etc) - It does appear that the cost cutting in using cheaper suppliers has shown itself. I also feel the ELS system is not as good as the one from the TL but this could just be a matter of the acoustics of the vehicle itself and not the source of the parts.

So I think we can all agree that in some respect, the TLX is a step up from the TL (especially in the looks department) but in some respect, it would be seen as a step down from the TL. It all depends on what you use as a reference point but to me, the things that matters the most were what made sit by the way side for now. I want to come back to Acura, I really do. When I see a TLX on the road, I still love its styling and such. I just need them to step up their game again, bring back an element of luxury to the brand....When the 3G TL came out, it was a force to reckon with in the segment but sure lost its way over the last few years. I am hopeful that with Jon at the helm, maybe he can bring back the brand to what it was. It will never beat BMW or Lexus but that's fine.....I just want them to create a wider gap between the likes of Honda, Hyundai and Kia because I must admit that these are closing the gap on them.

So again, I know many will disagree with my post and that is fine....I am not here to change people's opinion as we all are entitled to have ours, I just wanted to share mine....that's all
Old 07-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I'm sincerely wondering what this dick swinging competition has to do with May car sales being down.

Would you rather that a separate thread be created for that? Dick swinging competition?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello

It's not dick swingin. It's the same troll that brought some of his 4G trolls along with him to troll in the TLX forum. It's funny though, the TLX guys don't go troll in the 4G area or anywhere else for that matter but these guys love to come in here and offer the same comments over and over again. Thread closed.
The following 3 users liked this post by ggesq:
a35tl (07-10-2016), Stew4HD (07-11-2016), wlkeel (07-11-2016)