Old 03-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
Looks great!! Congratulations.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Hi guys ,

My first week with the car is going well.

I have a lot of likes but also some dislikes.

First the likes:
-quiet and smooth
-I'm a tech geek and I like the technology inside TLX
-remote start with seat and steering wheel heating. this week we had some morning with -10 C and the car has already warm . Nice !
-Jewel eyes . wow!! in the night
-many convenience features as rear door unlock
-engine V6 very smooth and rev happy
-mileage probably good , but I have only 250km and is hard to appreciate yet

Dislikes:
-I’ll start with first complain since I test it first time . Throttle response in conjunction with gear box is not on par with my 4G. I hope it will get better over the time.I have to use the paddle shifter a lot in order to get a proper response. Once is on right gear it flies , but getting there is quite a work to do. Maybe I still need to adjust myself . On my 4g I was just switching the shift lever from D to S and it was fast to downshift from 5 to 3 and there you go. On TLX I have to anticipate my actions by downshifting 2-3 gears in order to go on a merging ramp or a rapid line change. I think I’ll have to leave with this , but still a hassle for me.
- A strange feeling when braking to a stop , it’s like the car is moving forward. It looks like is from rev matching when downshifting. I felt that when I test it and I feel it now also , but not all the time , but is always surprising me and I have tendency to push the brake harder.
- Brakes , while they are good , their engagement seems to be kind of “drive by wire” I push a little bit and I don’t get a braking feeling then I go harder and oops it brakes well . I find it that is hard to modulate your braking.
-Seat , while comfortable , not holding me as well as my 4G , but this I was expecting since I test it , but is still a dislike , but not major
-Few other small things like no pockets on the rear doors, the warnings beeps not loud enough especially the blind spot.

Overall the TLX is a fine machine, excellent value and probably I’ll leave with it for 3 years during the my lease . I’ll will see after.

What is curious , a colleague of mine change her 4 year old IS250 to the new one and she was mentioning same thing about the throttle/gear box response , the old one was more “nervous” than the new one.
Probably all the manufacturer are geared to mileage “economy” than the driving pleasure ?!

Last edited by Momyc; 03-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Momyc:
a35tl (03-20-2015), benjaminh (03-20-2015), ggesq (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Momyc: What setting are you usually using for the IDS?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 AM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Sport as preferred IDS settings , but I changing to Sport+ often.

While Sport+ is more "sporty" and is holding the rev high , I didn't find it the response as "linear" as 4G.
Actually this is the magic word for my dislikes :lack of "linearity" response , if I can say so . I press the gas pedal just a little bit and the response is minim then I'm going more the half way ,nothing happened for a second (or two?) and then bum the rush of power (which is very good) , but I don't have the feeling of a linearity between throttle input and the power sensation.
The following users liked this post:
benjaminh (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ That seems to describe my first experience with the TLX but the 2nd one I drove a while after felt much better so its possible that your car will adapt or learn your driving style. I think the days of the crisp and instant response are gone with the 8+ gears on our vehicles in the name of fuel efficiency.

I agree that the TL was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C as far as throttle response...knowing then what I know now, I'd be getting ready to pull my 2012 TL out of the garage for a spring cleaning and a stroll around the neighborhood.....man I miss that car!

Even the ILX with a 150hp and a 5 speed feels snappier and responsive than the TLX.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Racer

^^
A Chevy Chevette?! Yikes. My grandma owned one of those 35 years ago. Pretty horrible car. You are a man of extremes....First a Lexus, and now this, but both in the same color: snow white lol! And then your handle is weather, the same thing that drives you bonkers. You're a crazy cat, man.

Take it easy, my friend!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ LMAO....Well first, all my cars have been white and will always be white....It's my trademark.

I hope you know I have not bought a Chevette, this is simply a joke as I didn't like having no Avatar and wanted something that really stood out so I figured, since RWD is synonymous with Luxury, then a RWD Chevette HAS TO BE lexury right?!

As far as weather, well, I think you already knew that I am a meteorologist by trade so it only makes sense that my handle was "weather"
The following 3 users liked this post by weather:
benjaminh (03-21-2015), neuronbob (03-21-2015), Stew4HD (03-21-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I was wondering what the Chevette was about.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by weather
^^ LMAO....Well first, all my cars have been white and will always be white....It's my trademark.

I hope you know I have not bought a Chevette, this is simply a joke as I didn't like having no Avatar and wanted something that really stood out so I figured, since RWD is synonymous with Luxury, then a RWD Chevette HAS TO BE lexury right?!

As far as weather, well, I think you already knew that I am a meteorologist by trade so it only makes sense that my handle was "weather"
Somehow I missed that you're a meteorologist. Any video you can share?++ Or are you a behind the scenes analyst?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:39 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by weather