Driver's side plastic under seat broken.Dealer denies warranty ,reason- "user error"

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the same issue. Took it to Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD and they said they won't cover it under warranty. They said they have to remove the seat to replace the trim piece. OK?!?! So do it! It's a design flaw on Acura's part. They need to replace the seat or figure out how to re-engineer the design flaw.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
We should avoid generalizations about Acura dealers or Acura products because of the unfortunate experiences of some. The same types of posts can be found on every car forum. Perhaps I am fortunate that I have had 0 issues with my 2018 2.4 Elite ASpec, other than too many compliments and rubbernecking Over the years I have nurtured a wonderful relationship with my salesman and sales manager, parts, and service folks. Although I enjoy their products, the trust and outstanding service I get are the main reasons I am an Acura customer. I should point out that they are the only Acura dealership in my Province, so building those relationships was even more important...although it's the way I am wired. Treat people with respect and they will almost always give it back. Makes life much more enjoyable. I also now bring my wife's 2014 Altima there for service. I enjoy just dropping by sometimes and chatting with folks there as it's on my frequently traveled route.

No doubt I could find an even nicer but more expensive vehicle elsewhere, but why start over? I guess I have settled Now off to my dealership to confirm details for their Hole Sponsorship and Hole in One Vehicle arrangements for a charity golf tournament I'm involved with.

P.S. I can't believe the specific problem here would not be covered under warranty. This wouldn't even be a conversation at my dealership.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
We should avoid generalizations about Acura dealers or Acura products because of the unfortunate experiences of some. The same types of posts can be found on every car forum. Perhaps I am fortunate that I have had 0 issues with my 2018 2.4 Elite ASpec, other than too many compliments and rubbernecking Over the years I have nurtured a wonderful relationship with my salesman and sales manager, parts, and service folks. Although I enjoy their products, the trust and outstanding service I get are the main reasons I am an Acura customer. I should point out that they are the only Acura dealership in my Province, so building those relationships was even more important...although it's the way I am wired. Treat people with respect and they will almost always give it back. Makes life much more enjoyable. I also now bring my wife's 2014 Altima there for service. I enjoy just dropping by sometimes and chatting with folks there as it's on my frequently traveled route.

No doubt I could find an even nicer but more expensive vehicle elsewhere, but why start over? I guess I have settled Now off to my dealership to confirm details for their Hole Sponsorship and Hole in One Vehicle arrangements for a charity golf tournament I'm involved with.

P.S. I can't believe the specific problem here would not be covered under warranty. This wouldn't even be a conversation at my dealership.
Around these parts, it's rare for a salesperson or service advisor to stick around for more than a year or two, so there's not a whole lot of relationship building going on. Maybe things are different up north, but in the states working at a dealership isn't a particularly common long-term career plan.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Some Guy Who Loves Cars

Received 280 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleloaf
We should avoid generalizations about Acura dealers or Acura products because of the unfortunate experiences of some. The same types of posts can be found on every car forum.
This is an Acura forum - the perfect place to share stories about Acura dealers and Acura product problems. Oddly enough, when enough people share the same stories, we conclude that there are design/manufacturing defects (like the subject one) that ought to be questioned and covered under warranty. That is exactly how forums work and why they exist.

I, for one, don't make a habit out of hanging out with my salespeople or service advisers. I use them when I need to buy a vehicle or need service and stay respectful, informed and polite throughout the process. It's their job to be respectful back to me.

You made it clear you have a great relationship with your dealer. At the end of the day, these are salespeople and service advisers. They are business people who demonstrate respect for you and call you by name to keep you coming back for more business. It sounds like they have been completely effective with you - having bought or leased your Acura from them, bringing it (and your wife's Altima) in for service - which is all great! It's a relationship where everyone wins. They may like you, but that's not why they're being nice to you. They're being nice to you because you pay them. You're sort of a whale in the business sense of the word. Hopefully your dealership and its people stand beside you when a real problem with a costly bill comes along.