creaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010 | 11:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jpmunoz
On a separate note, has anyone experienced a creaking sound coming from the rear of the car (kind of behind the seat) when the frame is flexing? When i go up or down my driveway in a slant i get a metal stretching type of sound. i took my entire back seat out (seat/backrest) put tiny bit of joint lube on it, and nothing. i sat in the back while my brother drove, and its definitely metal stretching, not anything rubbing. I took the car into the dealer and they said they couldn't hear anything. My girlfriend is telling me im ocd and its got to be normal.

i'm i ocd? and is it normal? does anyone else hear it?

if no one else hears this, do you think it is a defect? can i get any resolution on it from a dealer? i might sound far off but could this be a lemon?

I'm a little worried about the sound because i feel a bit as if my frame is not well built or weak in some part of it.
Was it easy to remove the rear seat? Do you have some hints on an easy removal?
Old 10-19-2010 | 11:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 777mycoolangelo
Was it easy to remove the rear seat? Do you have some hints on an easy removal?
Its extremely easy. One big thing to look out for is not applying too much pressure to the retaining clips at the edge (by your legs) on the seat cushion.

To start, if you are sitting in your appropriate seat, between your legs there is a small plastic T. pull the T; there is one between both seat cushions. once you remove that there is two bolts on each side of the back rest. One by the door and one in the middle of where the seat cushions would be. once you remove those, 'fluf' the back rest. i thought it was best to push one side at a time, although it is one piece. You have to push up and back. There is three hooks that come down off of the back rest into receiving ends on the frame of the car. I scratched the door sill on my car taking it out. the hooks are extremely sharp so be careful.

its pretty easy, you might need a hand pulling it out though.
Old 10-19-2010 | 01:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jpmunoz
Its extremely easy. One big thing to look out for is not applying too much pressure to the retaining clips at the edge (by your legs) on the seat cushion.

To start, if you are sitting in your appropriate seat, between your legs there is a small plastic T. pull the T; there is one between both seat cushions. once you remove that there is two bolts on each side of the back rest. One by the door and one in the middle of where the seat cushions would be. once you remove those, 'fluf' the back rest. i thought it was best to push one side at a time, although it is one piece. You have to push up and back. There is three hooks that come down off of the back rest into receiving ends on the frame of the car. I scratched the door sill on my car taking it out. the hooks are extremely sharp so be careful.

its pretty easy, you might need a hand pulling it out though.
Yeah I wanted to remove the rear seats before the shop works on the coilover install. The other shop that installed the Eibach Springs broke the small plastic T as you call it. I wonder if the dealership sells that piece only...or most likely would have to buy the whole entire rear seat just for that one piece....friggin dealerships.
Old 12-02-2010 | 10:11 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sdginz
Got my car back yesterday after a day and a half with the dealer and problem solved!

The gave me a copy of the Acura tech line repair procedure, which I would be happy to post here, but I dont seem to have the ability to do so.

Basically they used a nail to separate two panels of the roof rail that were rubbing together.

If anyone would like a copy I can email it to them.
Can you post fix?