4G leather seats bunching up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GearDriven
I'm not a huge fan of Zaino's paint care products...but their leather cleaner and conditioner work well and smell amazing...

If the seats are really soiled I will use Woolite and water with a scrub brush and that makes them look really clean...just be sure to condition them afterwards.

Zaino's products are the best! Bar none! I've been using their car waxes and polish for the past 5 years and nothing comes close as far as shine, reflectivity, and durability (I have bought and used almost every car wax/polish in the market). Initial applicaton takes a little time but after that, it's the easiest stuff to put on and take off. Zaino's polish leaves the surface so incredibly smooth, even flies have a difficult time clinging to the car! Talk about durability.....treated surfaces last a good 9-10 months....much, much longer than anything else on the market. There was a car wax "shoot-out" in a magazine a couple years ago, and Zaino was easily rated the best. (PS21 Carnauba wax came in 2nd to the Zaino....it left an incredible shine but durability was only half that of Zaino).
Old 01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are good, but I prefer other things like Optimum's optiseal or whatever they call it... I also don't really like how much Sal under emphasizes the need for a good polish first...even a new car has all sorts of horrid imperfections from transit and dealer prep *cringe*
Old 01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They are good, but I prefer other things like Optimum's optiseal or whatever they call it... I also don't really like how much Sal under emphasizes the need for a good polish first...even a new car has all sorts of horrid imperfections from transit and dealer prep *cringe*
Before you put on the first coat of polish or wax, it's important to clay-bar the paint to get rid of any imperfections and contaminants. It makes a huge difference on the outcome!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the leather seats tear and wrinkle can it be replaced by Acura if i am still under warranty????
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Zaino's paint care products...but their leather cleaner and conditioner work well and smell amazing...

If the seats are really soiled I will use Woolite and water with a scrub brush and that makes them look really clean...just be sure to condition them afterwards.
I wonder about the white stitching in the SH-AWD interior - if I condition the seat leather how can I keep the stitching from turning the color of the conditioner?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Yea, It's Me!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shyTL
If the leather seats tear and wrinkle can it be replaced by Acura if i am still under warranty????

Depends on the tear. If it is near a seam and looks as if the material separated then you should have no issue. If you have sat in the seat with a pen in the back pocket or jeans with metal buttons on the back then it looks as if you abused the leather. Don't count on a replacement.

When I was on active duty and wore the camo uniform, I had to be careful because the buttons on the back pockets easily got caught sliding into the seats. A buddy of mine wore through the leather in a Saab 900 and it had the stiffer and thicker European leather. Saab wouldn't work with him.

It comes down to common sense.

Also anytime you (genuinely) feel you should have something replaced under warranty and the dealership won't concur, take it up with Acura directly. Using tact and courtesy goes further than bitching and yelling.

Over the years I have had Honda and Toyota take care of things that we both agreed were not under warranty. Sometimes when you're a repeat customer they will work with you.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I too will vouch for Zaino products. And the interior cleaner is great and smells fantastic. By the way, I just ordered the Z-8 ultra shine and WOW....the shine is fantastic and the finish on the car is simply amazing. Be sure to give it a try.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
2005 TL with Camel interior driver's seat. Looks pretty good for 4 years and 43K miles. That light spot in the middle seat bottom is the reflection of the sun off a mirror.

A few creases, but overall it's wearing pretty good, not sure what you do in your TL but your comment of TL seats not being great after 10K miles is an exaggeration IMHO. The thing I use on the seats is McGuires leather cleaner/conditioner.

no offense, but holy cow, that seat is dirty and shiny! Try using some woolite water solution 5 parts water 1 part woolite and clean your seats. I have 67K on my seats, I used leatherqiue once and see that side piece of leather where the body doesn't touch, that matched the rest of the seat afterwards, before it was like yours.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,231 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
no offense, but holy cow, that seat is dirty and shiny! Try using some woolite water solution 5 parts water 1 part woolite and clean your seats. I have 67K on my seats, I used leatherqiue once and see that side piece of leather where the body doesn't touch, that matched the rest of the seat afterwards, before it was like yours.
Most of that is the picture lighting and shading from the sun. It is a little dirty but not as bad as it looks in the photo. None the less I'll try the woolite on the seats with the suggested 5:1 ratio water/solution.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Most of that is the picture lighting and shading from the sun. It is a little dirty but not as bad as it looks in the photo. None the less I'll try the woolite on the seats with the suggested 5:1 ratio water/solution.
I'd hope it is just the sun shade since I'd expect Meg's products to be better. If you can take a well lit photo that'd be great!