*Update on seat rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*Update on seat rattle

I finally had my passenger seat rattle (tick) sound fixed under my seat. This has been going on since I got my car. The first month was ok, then started after that. First repair, tech installed washers to fill the gap in my passenger seat. I have always noticed my passenger seat was loser then my drivers seat. That worked, however, it caused another problem. It De-activated my passenger airbags, just that slight adjustment. So, they ordered me the entire seat rails, which I found was just about all the metal on the seat, underneath, and what all the leather is connected too, the part alone was 1500 for the dealer! So far that has fixed the sound, and, tightened up my seat, just as tight as my drivers side!!!

My only thing now, is the dang subwoofer rattle I can't seem to find. It's only at certain bass levels and songs I can hear it. Tech never seems to hear it, but its there. Would be a great system if it didn't rattle. What's the point of having this good bass if I have to turn the level to 1 or zero so it does not rattle. It's not the brake light, and if I press on the deck inside the car, it still happens. So it must be something in the back where it's mounted. Anyone know of a fix? I can't find any info on 4th generation.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Advanced

I guess they were telling me the truth about mine is the only one with both problems. I figured that was bs, well maybe this will help some for the future with this problem.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
You aren't the only one with sub rattle:

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/rear-sub-808986/
Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by ashecnc
I finally had my passenger seat rattle (tick) sound fixed under my seat. This has been going on since I got my car. The first month was ok, then started after that. First repair, tech installed washers to fill the gap in my passenger seat. I have always noticed my passenger seat was loser then my drivers seat. That worked, however, it caused another problem. It De-activated my passenger airbags, just that slight adjustment. So, they ordered me the entire seat rails, which I found was just about all the metal on the seat, underneath, and what all the leather is connected too, the part alone was 1500 for the dealer! So far that has fixed the sound, and, tightened up my seat, just as tight as my drivers side!!!

My only thing now, is the dang subwoofer rattle I can't seem to find. It's only at certain bass levels and songs I can hear it. Tech never seems to hear it, but its there. Would be a great system if it didn't rattle. What's the point of having this good bass if I have to turn the level to 1 or zero so it does not rattle. It's not the brake light, and if I press on the deck inside the car, it still happens. So it must be something in the back where it's mounted. Anyone know of a fix? I can't find any info on 4th generation.
I have an intermittent rattle caused by the subwoffer as well. As I searched around for the cause, I found that it was coming from the high mount rear stop light housing. When I put pressure on it the rattle went away. Give that try.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
You aren't the only one with sub rattle:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808986
No, I know most all subs rattle, I was talking about seat rattle. Months ago when I had this I read a lot about it, I guess those people left...anyway I'm just glad mine is fixed.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Treblig
I have an intermittent rattle caused by the subwoffer as well. As I searched around for the cause, I found that it was coming from the high mount rear stop light housing. When I put pressure on it the rattle went away. Give that try.
Thanks, I've tried that, its not the 3rd brake light..Its the deck shelf area.