My TL lowered on VIP Modular Wheels VXS 110 and few upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Chapter Leader (Northeast Florida)

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexson
oh that looks great!!! how was it made, details please!
I worked together with a local body shop and we kept the sides of the oem front spoiler that i had and actually installed a piece to the front following the lines of the front bumper. Note: The piece that was attached in the front was then joined to the sides of the oem lip which in turn brings the lip more around the front again following the lines of the bumper.
Finally, completed and painted the lip yesterday and installed it today. The final product sits flush and looks real good especially if you see it in person.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by FYAH TL
I worked together with a local body shop and we kept the sides of the oem front spoiler that i had and actually installed a piece to the front following the lines of the front bumper. Note: The piece that was attached in the front was then joined to the sides of the oem lip which in turn brings the lip more around the front again following the lines of the bumper.
Finally, completed and painted the lip yesterday and installed it today. The final product sits flush and looks real good especially if you see it in person.
I figured that is what you did because the sides I noticed were OEM. Did you attach just a piece of plastic to the middle or like a lip from another car. One thing I never liked about the oem front lip, is that the lip sits way up under the bumper and doesn't protrude out and even out the bumper. You have done just this!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM

4g acura tl one-off front lip spoiler

Final product of the custom made one-off Front Lip Spoiler.
Some pics .

Old 12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
06 NBP TL.

Received 158 Likes on 66 Posts
Siiiiiiick!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
God dam beautiful. You keep making the perfect car better. Don't know how u keep doing it.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 AM
UA6 SSM TL

Received 106 Likes on 103 Posts
O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!! this looks so sick!

Last edited by 24no7; 12-19-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
What could possibily be next?! Believe me, I'm staying tuned!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:02 AM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
i really don't think it can get any better then this.... You really should think about working for Acura's design team... they could sure use your talents!!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by TiggaMan909
i really don't think it can get any better then this.... You really should think about working for Acura's design team... they could sure use your talents!!
x2.. front looks way better with your spoiler than the OEM acura

reminds me of the 07-08 base front lip. This is how it shoulda came!!!

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-28-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
OMG bro this is SICKKKKKKKKKKKK SHYTTTTTTTT you inspire me more to hurry and finish up my 3G lol. I need to go to car shows as well once my Stance is achieved.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Have I ever told you I despise you?! Man, ive never know someone to keep raising the bar to another level with each mod! Nice job man, you never cease to amaze me bro
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats purdy!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks sexy Fyah!! BTW im only going to do some wheels, and maybe a drop. The intake and J pipe soon also. Not goint too crzy with this car cuz im looking to get an NSX and keep this as a DD.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
philly flickin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
wow....very well done 4G

Any pics of the rear straight on?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Looks great, can't wait to see the new wheels as well.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by acurajj
Siiiiiiick!!!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by njsimons
God dam beautiful. You keep making the perfect car better. Don't know how u keep doing it.
Whatever appearance i personally don't like on the car the plan is to fix it for the better...There's more to come so stay tuned!!!

Originally Posted by 24no7
O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!! this looks so sick!
THX.

Originally Posted by Treblig
What could possibily be next?! Believe me, I'm staying tuned!!
Had the vs-xx for a while now so next will be new wheels for the new year to change the look up a bit.

Originally Posted by TiggaMan909
THX for the kind words.

Originally Posted by ILLustriousUA6
x2.. front looks way better with your spoiler than the OEM acura
I always hated the way the oem front lip sinks in at the front. But that issue is fixed now with my current front lip.

Originally Posted by GtMaxx
OMG bro this is SICKKKKKKKKKKKK SHYTTTTTTTT you inspire me more to hurry and finish up my 3G lol. I need to go to car shows as well once my Stance is achieved.
Hit me up when you need help bro.

Originally Posted by B.G.
Have I ever told you I despise you?! Man, ive never know someone to keep raising the bar to another level with each mod! Nice job man, you never cease to amaze me bro
Just having fun putting my touches on the 4G.

Originally Posted by Chef Andre
Thats purdy!
Thanks.

Originally Posted by 6SpdTerror
Looks sexy Fyah!! BTW im only going to do some wheels, and maybe a drop. The intake and J pipe soon also. Not goint too crzy with this car cuz im looking to get an NSX and keep this as a DD.
What J-Pipe you going with?

Originally Posted by jaMezBOI
wow....very well done 4G

Any pics of the rear straight on?
Thanks. Is this straight enough?

Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Damn - that looks slammed!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Holla At Ya Boy

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts
Really Nice looking 4G. In my opinion, the Best looking 4G TL on the East Coast. Do you plan on installing 3M film protection on the front of your car?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
My guess may be that you are gonna shave the rear bumper reflectors
Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pete2010
Damn - that looks slammed!
Ha! Ha! I want to go lower but the Teins are so conservative am maxed out on the coils so thats as low i can go...
i know you're currently in winter mode but is there anything new planned for the car when the weather gets better?

Originally Posted by EarlThePearl
Really Nice looking 4G. In my opinion, the Best looking 4G TL on the East Coast. Do you plan on installing 3M film protection on the front of your car?
No plans for the 3M. I personally rather repaint the front when needed.

Originally Posted by B.G.
My guess may be that you are gonna shave the rear bumper reflectors
Thats a good idea. Never thought of that...Maybe i'll add LED lights to them first and see how that looks.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Ha! Ha! I want to go lower but the Teins are so conservative am maxed out on the coils so thats as low i can go...
i know you're currently in winter mode but is there anything new planned for the car when the weather gets better?

No plans for the 3M. I personally rather repaint the front when needed.

Thats a good idea. Never thought of that...Maybe i'll add LED lights to them first and see how that looks.
Yea - Honestly winter time annoys me - I've been thinking about dumping the winter tires/wheel combo and maybe making the move to 19's with all seasons. If I go that route - it probably won't cost much by offsetting the cost of selling my factory 18's and my RJ 20's.

Trying to find a good set of 19's that will be lip-less (to look bigger). And also the right tiresize so that it looks close to the 20's. Thinking going wider with a bit more offset and maybe a bit of a tire strech.

Really want to get the tein's as well with the EDFC. I think getting the right amount of drop is important also. I would imagine my ride will be better than with the H&R's I have now.

Would LOVE to get the BBK - but unless I go FI it may not be worth it. Would love to see RacingBrake come out with a 2 piece rotor - would probably go that route with some new pads first.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
looks great! still needs just alittle more flare to the lip.

i assume its fiberglass right? so if you scrape, gg?
Old 12-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 669 Likes on 391 Posts
I think it looks good as is no need to flare it. Nope it's polyurethane so no he won't be breaking it.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
that is fucking awesome man!

thats a good idea. how much did you pay the shop to work with them on this one off lip?

i did mine from scratch using an RSX Type S lip and bridged it using chicken wire mesh, large index cards and fiberglass. then had a baby and just lost time to finish the project. i honestly didnt want to sand down all that bondo/body filler by hand. i would rather pay a shop to finish up the lip but dont want to pay up the ass to do it.

failed to complete it

Last edited by defconskylude; 12-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nexson
I figured that is what you did because the sides I noticed were OEM. Did you attach just a piece of plastic to the middle or like a lip from another car. One thing I never liked about the oem front lip, is that the lip sits way up under the bumper and doesn't protrude out and even out the bumper. You have done just this!
i bet your itching to do something similar
Old 12-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I can't wait to see it in person. I know your finally happy you got it on the car.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pete2010
Yea - Honestly winter time annoys me - I've been thinking about dumping the winter tires/wheel combo and maybe making the move to 19's with all seasons. If I go that route - it probably won't cost much by offsetting the cost of selling my factory 18's and my RJ 20's.

Trying to find a good set of 19's that will be lip-less (to look bigger). And also the right tiresize so that it looks close to the 20's. Thinking going wider with a bit more offset and maybe a bit of a tire strech.

Really want to get the tein's as well with the EDFC. I think getting the right amount of drop is important also. I would imagine my ride will be better than with the H&R's I have now.

Would LOVE to get the BBK - but unless I go FI it may not be worth it. Would love to see RacingBrake come out with a 2 piece rotor - would probably go that route with some new pads first.
Sounds good. Look like you'll be busy when the weather gets better. Highly recommend the Tein coils so you can drop it where you like.

Originally Posted by potmilkz
i assume its fiberglass right? so if you scrape, gg?
As P.Diddy mentioned it's made of Polyurethane so its good and no problem if it ever gets messed up i can take care of that and have another one made.

Originally Posted by defconskylude
that is fucking awesome man!

thats a good idea. how much did you pay the shop to work with them on this one off lip?

i did mine from scratch using an RSX Type S lip and bridged it using chicken wire mesh, large index cards and fiberglass. then had a baby and just lost time to finish the project. i honestly didnt want to sand down all that bondo/body filler by hand. i would rather pay a shop to finish up the lip but dont want to pay up the ass to do it.
Mines was done with Polyurethane and the pieces was plastic welded together, body filled then sanded down. I didn't want fiberglass. I knew the owner of the body shop so it wasn't about the cash but more of a project.

Originally Posted by p.diddy
I can't wait to see it in person. I know your finally happy you got it on the car.
Yeah i couldn't wait to see what the final product will look like on the car. Funny thing is i started getting on chris nerves for being impatient. ha! ha!...I'll meet up before the new year so you can see it.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah i couldn't wait to see what the final product will look like on the car. Funny thing is i started getting on chris nerves for being impatient. ha! ha!...I'll meet up before the new year so you can see it.
lol yea he did mention that but he also said he understood you were just excited about the lip. i was kind of the same way when he molded my kit. for custom stuff like that you just got to be patient. as you can see its worth the wait.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:24 PM
-Brian

Did you mold a piece of plastic or use a lip from another car?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:17 PM

^ Polyurethane was use for the front, cut where needed to get it to shape like the front bumper then plastic weld that front piece to the oem sides. Body fill and sand down that front piece to get the lines to follow the pattern of the oem sides...Then follow the shape of the bumper making sure to bring the front to look pointed...Note: Using body filler to get the shape is time consuming again lots of hand sanding to smooth and shape it out.
Having the OEM sides made it easier to do because it was something to guide off of and follow. Plus the OEM sides flows with the side skirts and the rear. So make the front piece to follow the front bumper shape and the OEM sides and it will all flow together looking like it was made to be on the car.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 PM
-Brian

A+ on the work done. I guess they sell polyurethane strips. I am almost tempted, but i need an extra lip.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM

^ Thanks. Yes they do have poly strips but the cheaper route will probably be to get a scrap plastic bumper and or lips that is usually just hanging around body shops that they shouldn't have a problem giving away. Then that piece you can cut, plastic weld, body fill and shaped to be used as your front piece.

Last edited by FYAH TL; 12-22-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Drifting

its funny that you mentioned plastic welding. im actually learning how to do plastic welding to design custom shells for my guns. was he using an adjustable soldering iron with tips to melt filler rods? im also tempted to see if i can do the same for the TSX. probably start off simple with side skirts. cool stuff man

for anyone else that's interested. there's also abs plastic sheets called "Plastruct" used for plastic welding
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDL82&P=7

Cheap welding kit
Amazon Amazon

^ Polyurethane was use for the front, cut where needed to get it to shape like the front bumper then plastic weld that front piece to the oem sides. Body fill and sand down that front piece to get the lines to follow the pattern of the oem sides...Then follow the shape of the bumper making sure to bring the front to look pointed...Note: Using body filler to get the shape is time consuming again lots of hand sanding to smooth and shape it out.
Having the OEM sides made it easier to do because it was something to guide off of and follow. Plus the OEM sides flows with the side skirts and the rear. So make the front piece to follow the front bumper shape and the OEM sides and it will all flow together looking like it was made to be on the car.
in regards to getting the lines, when you say "OEM sides", youre talking about the front sides of those 2 caps NOT the side skirt right?

i think the plastic welding and body filler are easy but i just completely hate hand sanding.

was there any plastic bending using a heat gun?

btw, did you actually get your hands dirty with this project or were you just giving directions?

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-28-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by defconskylude
in regards to getting the lines, when you say "OEM sides", youre talking about the front sides of those 2 caps NOT the side skirt right?

i think the plastic welding and body filler are easy but i just completely hate hand sanding.

was there any plastic bending using a heat gun?

btw, did you actually get your hands dirty with this project or were you just giving directions?
Correct. Am talking about the right and left side of the OEM front lip spoiler.

No heat gun was needed the front plastic piece that was used just needed to be cut in several areas and then filled in and joined by soldering iron plastic welding.

LOL. My hands got dirty especially from hand sanding. The owner of the body shop is an expert so he did all the shaping and lines plus oversaw the whole project. Without his guidance and experience on auto body kits this project would not have been completed.

Last edited by FYAH TL; 12-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 119 Posts
Your car looks amazing, and is now my desktop wallpaper
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
2012 TL SH-AWD

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
wow you have done a lot of progress since I visited your thread couple months ago. I also noticed you have same BBK setting as mine RL, makes me want to lower my car more. Your TL looks pure sex and congratulation you have a nice and unique looking car.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
3rd Gear

Sick car man. You in jax? I'm pretty sure I saw your car at the last cars and coffee I went to. We just picked up a '11 last night.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 012TL-GLM
Your car looks amazing, and is now my desktop wallpaper
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Zelaya
wow you have done a lot of progress since I visited your thread couple months ago. I also noticed you have same BBK setting as mine RL, makes me want to lower my car more. Your TL looks pure sex and congratulation you have a nice and unique looking car.
Thanks for those kind words. I like what you've done to your ride and it's the best looking RL in the game right now by far. Keep it up! Am enjoying the stopping power.
How you like the BBK setup on the RL?

Originally Posted by 3In2Out
Sick car man. You in jax? I'm pretty sure I saw your car at the last cars and coffee I went to. We just picked up a '11 last night.
Yeah am in Jax and that was me at the monthly cars and coffee. Congrats on your new ride. What color is it?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah am in Jax and that was me at the monthly cars and coffee. Congrats on your new ride. What color is it?
Thanks, its a CBP 3.5L with the Tech package. Black on black just looks right with these cars.

Needs a set of wheels bad though, the stock 17s are not my cup of tea.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM

^ Excellent color choice. Some nice wheels will set it off .

Quick Reply: My TL lowered on VIP Modular Wheels VXS 110 and few upgrades.