We just got our shipment of TAKEDA intakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thurley42
so did someone roger up to putting this on their AWD? I really would like to get one if I can put it on her..
Last time I spoke with Takeda they said they are worried about the flow on the AWD, so they want to be able to test a local Socal AWD car. Before they said they would ship one out to someone who was willing to install to test. (this changed). Unlike most companies, Takeda provides a car for your use while they fit your car. Usually takes 2-3 days, they give you a 2000 benz to drive. You get a free intake after the testing. So if anyone is interested in Socal, pm me, and I will send you the contact info.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I have spoken to Ryan at Takeda. He wanted to verify a few measurements with me. It sounded to me like they did end up sourcing an AWD to test on but I cannot verify that for sure. We last left off that he would possibly send me an intake for testing, but I'm guessing they prefer to do it locally. I'm just their last resort I suppose.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybodyy.....? do they ship to Canada or not..cuz im really interested.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shambu
You can order directly from excelerate a site vendor, he has the intakes, and I think he ships to Canada.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by buckvegas
You can order directly from excelerate a site vendor, he has the intakes, and I think he ships to Canada.

Yea, i went to the site it said US only I'm pretty sure, and this intake will definitely fit my FWD 09 TL ?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM

Yea, i went to the site it said US only I'm pretty sure, and this intake will definitely fit my FWD 09 TL ?

I could of swore I saw josh write in another post that he shipped to Canada, you should email and ask. Yes it will def fit 3.5 FWD 09 TL, its on mine right now.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Advanced

Yes, the DO ship to Canada. I've had my intake for about 2 weeks now!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by buckvegas
Last time I spoke with Takeda they said they are worried about the flow on the AWD, so they want to be able to test a local Socal AWD car. Before they said they would ship one out to someone who was willing to install to test. (this changed). Unlike most companies, Takeda provides a car for your use while they fit your car. Usually takes 2-3 days, they give you a 2000 benz to drive. You get a free intake after the testing. So if anyone is interested in Socal, pm me, and I will send you the contact info.
Thanks for the reply...hopefully they come up with something soon...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

question

Originally Posted by Melba Toast
Going to order it asap! You do ship to Canada, right?!
Hey bro... Im actually new here and Im gonna need some help from u guys how to start off with my new 09 TL FWD. I saw your posts and I was wondering how much you got the intake for.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM
RJ1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HPfreak89
Hey bro... Im actually new here and Im gonna need some help from u guys how to start off with my new 09 TL FWD. I saw your posts and I was wondering how much you got the intake for.

It depends where your from, just go to the website and ad the intake to your cart and proceed to checkout and sign up and you'll see the total price + shipping to your location.

(Don't know if this has been asked)
On another note is this possible, can we do a group buy like get 3-4 people to buy it and get a discount or something ?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Yes we ship to Canada.

Go to http://store.excelerateperformance.com Put in your vehicle info. Add the intake to your shopping cart and then create an account. You will then be able to see shipping charges to Canada.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Advanced

Is the intake very difficult to install?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Just so you guys know, I received a 'test' intake from Takeda for my AWD. I told Ryan from Takeda I would first run my results by him before posting any details. But it looks like the AWD model should be available very soon.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Colorado Springs

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Hell yeah! This is where I get stoked! I hope it works and fits! Pictures as soon as you get their okay!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Advanced

this makes me happy in pants! ok...not so much but still

this won't have any adverse effect on the warranty will it?
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
^ it will void the warranty on your intake...
Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Advanced

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what to do what to do......
Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM

Glad to see Ryan sent you one. He is a really cool guy, hope it fits and works.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by thurley42
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

what to do what to do......
lol.. it was kind-of a half-joke

Dealerships cant void the warranty on your car from an item like an intake, unless that item causes the failure... esentially, an intake (ESPECIALLY SRI) will most likely do no damage what-so-ever to your car... so the only thing on your car, that they wont honor the warranty on, is gonna be your intake
Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by CleanCL
Just so you guys know, I received a 'test' intake from Takeda for my AWD. I told Ryan from Takeda I would first run my results by him before posting any details. But it looks like the AWD model should be available very soon.
Nice Jeremy.

By the way we're also working with TAKEDA on a wrinkle black finish for the intakes. We should have them in a few weeks.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
lol.. it was kind-of a half-joke

Dealerships cant void the warranty on your car from an item like an intake, unless that item causes the failure... esentially, an intake (ESPECIALLY SRI) will most likely do no damage what-so-ever to your car... so the only thing on your car, that they wont honor the warranty on, is gonna be your intake
gotcha...I've never really done any after market stuff to a vehicle before, sans stereo equipment so I'm kind of new to the game...but everything i can put on the car that is clean, from a reputable manufacturer, and will enhance performance will be going on this badboy...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Colorado Springs

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Nice Jeremy.

By the way we're also working with TAKEDA on a wrinkle black finish for the intakes. We should have them in a few weeks.

Oooohh Wrinkle Black eh? That actually caught my eye right there... pure classy-ness right there.

And for those that want to put an "racier edge" on their TL's, you could make a wrinkle red like the Subaru STI's have. I honestly don't think it'd look that bad either.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Cruisin'

How much does the intake run for? and would it void any warranty?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Advanced

Does not void warranty, see earlier posts. Click on link on initial post for the price.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
for those who has already installed, do you actually feel the car is faster than before? i'm a newbie in terms of installing aftermarket stuff, is there a shop in L.A. area that can install the intake for me?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Advanced

The intake is great. I can feel the difference. Installing the unit is not that difficult. I'm sure any mechanic will install it. I never had any experience.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks like a really nice piece!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
8th Gear

Any word on if it'll work for SH-AWD models?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Installed on SH-AWD! For those who want to get the intake for their AWD model, you need to specify. There is a different coupler needed to make it fit.

The parts came well packaged with no flaws. Also included were some freebies: stickers, license plate frame, 20% discount card, and a really nice key chain. All of the parts have a quality feel to them versus some other cheaper intakes I've used in the past. The foam filter is especially nice because it's ease of use, simply wash it out when dirty and put it back on when dry.

The install was very straightforward. It took me an hour and I took my time. The fitment was dead on, and the larger coupler for the AWD throttle body fit like a charm. I had to completely undo the hose clamp for the throttle body side as it was a bit too tight to slip on with it pre-attached to the coupler. This was the only issue I encountered, which I wouldn't even consider an issue. I also have a throttle body spacer already installed, and the intake fit perfectly.

After double checking all of my connections and bolts, I started the car. It turned over flawlessly without any kind of sputtering or idle fluctuation. It was very smooth. My initial drive was at low RPMs to make sure everything was OK. The first thing I noticed was a significant increase in low-end acceleration. The dyno chart matches to exactly what I feel, a lot of torque down low. Next I noticed a much deeper sounding intake. I then stopped to check my connections again. My next drive was much more aggressive and going wide open throttle. While stock, during WOT acceleration, there are funny spots of the RPM band where you feel spots of sluggishness. This is essentially gone with the intake. The entire RPM band is strong and smooth. It pulls all the way to redline without missing a beat or lagging. The sound of the short ram is very noticeable and deep at high RPM when the resonance chamber opens and during VTEC. At low RPMs it still sounds almost stock, just a little deeper.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 AM

Very nice I am glad this worked on the 3.7. Ryan at Takeda told me that the TL intake is their number 2 seller. My guess is with confirmed fitment on 3.7 this may become their top seller.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

argh...buy this or wait for the comptech icebox? decisions decisions..
Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

any #'s for the awd version?
Old 08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CleanCL
Installed on SH-AWD! For those who want to get the intake for their AWD model, you need to specify. There is a different coupler needed to make it fit.

The parts came well packaged with no flaws. Also included were some freebies: stickers, license plate frame, 20% discount card, and a really nice key chain. All of the parts have a quality feel to them versus some other cheaper intakes I've used in the past. The foam filter is especially nice because it's ease of use, simply wash it out when dirty and put it back on when dry.

The install was very straightforward. It took me an hour and I took my time. The fitment was dead on, and the larger coupler for the AWD throttle body fit like a charm. I had to completely undo the hose clamp for the throttle body side as it was a bit too tight to slip on with it pre-attached to the coupler. This was the only issue I encountered, which I wouldn't even consider an issue. I also have a throttle body spacer already installed, and the intake fit perfectly.

After double checking all of my connections and bolts, I started the car. It turned over flawlessly without any kind of sputtering or idle fluctuation. It was very smooth. My initial drive was at low RPMs to make sure everything was OK. The first thing I noticed was a significant increase in low-end acceleration. The dyno chart matches to exactly what I feel, a lot of torque down low. Next I noticed a much deeper sounding intake. I then stopped to check my connections again. My next drive was much more aggressive and going wide open throttle. While stock, during WOT acceleration, there are funny spots of the RPM band where you feel spots of sluggishness. This is essentially gone with the intake. The entire RPM band is strong and smooth. It pulls all the way to redline without missing a beat or lagging. The sound of the short ram is very noticeable and deep at high RPM when the resonance chamber opens and during VTEC. At low RPMs it still sounds almost stock, just a little deeper.

Looks absolutely awesome, CleanCL! How hard is something like this to install for a mod newbie like myself? Is there anything specific to watch out for during the install? (Also, where do you get the spacer?)
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PetesTL
Looks absolutely awesome, CleanCL! How hard is something like this to install for a mod newbie like myself? Is there anything specific to watch out for during the install? (Also, where do you get the spacer?)

x2 I'm ready to roll with this!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
8th Gear

x3.. Just ordered mine
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Me too, just ordered!.........Excelerate has the polished metal ones in stock for the 3.5 and 3.7's, but they said the new wrinkle black ones for the 3.7 won't be available for another few weeks.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 PM
User-approved

ECU reset?

I'm curious to know if a dyno has been run after a number of drive cycles were done with the intake installed so the ECU can recalibrate, and if the dyno graph shows any changes from what is posted.

This was a hot topic in the RDX forum with an intake. Without question the intake delivered more airflow, but the hp/tq gains were in question.

Anyone?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Colorado Springs

I agree with you Bleu. It has been proven recently that modern cars' ECU's are made to constantly learn. The intake and exhaust sensors will begin to compensate for any variable that it notices over a period of time. The explanations get technical after that and I could explain it, but just know that I agree with you. I believe that bolt-ons might not always produce the same power in the long run unless the ECU is reprogrammed with a permanent fixed tune. That is just my $.02 though.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 AM
1st Gear

Anyone know if you can just clean the Takeda intake or do you need to buy a new one. If clean what do you recommend to clean with and how often?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MAK2009
Anyone know if you can just clean the Takeda intake or do you need to buy a new one. If clean what do you recommend to clean with and how often?
Are you talking about the filter or the whole intake? Why would you need to clean the intake itself?

Quick Reply: We just got our shipment of TAKEDA intakes!!!