Please Explain Wallpaper use

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Explain Wallpaper use

I just got a 2009 TL Navi,

And I am interested in the wallpapers. I loaded up the wallpaper (pictures) from my USB thumbnail. And I assigned the picture as a wallpaper. But it does not come up as a start screen. Only when I go to "info" - "show wallpaper" does the picture come up. Am i missing something?. What's the use of Wallpapers if it does not replace the Acura Start up Picture?.

Cheers,
Dean
Old 02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
9th Gear

Hey...wallpaper cant replace the start up screen so the only time you could actually have it posted on the nav is when you first start the car and do not accept the warning message. After about 20 seconds the wallpaper will show up and will stay on as you drive until you need navigation or need to use the audio preface. You can still change songs/stations using the steering wheel buttons without messing up the wallpaper, but if you need to use navi or press "audio" on the middle console, the wallapaper will disappear. Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey put your Acura information in your signatures so we don't have to ask you what model your driving. My question to Dean would be AWD or FWD? It just makes it easier and speeds up the forum.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by deanooh
I just got a 2009 TL Navi,

And I am interested in the wallpapers. I loaded up the wallpaper (pictures) from my USB thumbnail. And I assigned the picture as a wallpaper. But it does not come up as a start screen. Only when I go to "info" - "show wallpaper" does the picture come up. Am i missing something?. What's the use of Wallpapers if it does not replace the Acura Start up Picture?.

Cheers,
Dean
I find the wall paper in the TL a good attempt, but rather useless. The 3G TL it was common for me to have a blank screen, if I didn;t need audio and was not using NAV I woudl let the OK prompt time out and go blank, but the 4G to use the HFL you need to hit th eOK warning, very lame and a big step backward. Had they had this in a 3G type set up where I coudl use the HFL independant of the OK button the wallpaper woudl be up most of the time for me. Also it woudl be nice for them to ahve a "random" option say scrolls through all the wallpapers one every 5 minutes or something.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Instructor

I followed the directions to load pictures onto the hard drive for wallpaper. I loaded ten pictures. They seem to properly import and I saw them on the cars navigation screen and pressed OK. I disconnected the flash drive. I went back to select a picture for wallpaper and the system now indicates that there are no pictures there. I disconnected the flash drive by just pulling the connection. I saw the pictures and the car told me that there were ten pictures BEFORE I disconnected the flash drive. I'm wondering if I disconnected the flash drive improperly and thereby lost the pictures. Other than that I don't know what I could have done wrong...help!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Webb, make sure you're on the same driver setting as when you loaded the pictures (ie Driver 1). This happened to me too, and I freaked out when all my stuff was erased. Turns out I was on Driver 2 =) One key fob is Driver 1, the other is Driver 2.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hydr0
Webb, make sure you're on the same driver setting as when you loaded the pictures (ie Driver 1). This happened to me too, and I freaked out when all my stuff was erased. Turns out I was on Driver 2 =) One key fob is Driver 1, the other is Driver 2.
Thanks, it wasn't the Driver 1/Driver 2 issue. I was choosing the pictures but wasn't doing the final "OK" in order to transfer the pictures. Everything is good now. Ten pictures on the HDD for Driver 1 and ten more pictures for Driver 2.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
that final okay got me a few times too.