^ ThIS??? And ThIS?? \/

You have got to be fucking kidding me. ridiculousness
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
moabizzi

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Marco
^ ThIS??? And ThIS?? \/

You have got to be fucking kidding me.
gonna be painted flat black and a good portion of it cant be seen, if i dont like it at the end of the day, i can easily take it off. But lets watch the profanity on the site. If you dont like it, more than welcomed to say u dont, and id appreciate feedback to improve it, thats why im posting it, but statements like "you have got to be fucking kidding me" dont help in any regard, and with someone of your "rep" on the site, kinda expect a more intellectual and elloquent response. im not Eazyrider here trolling and posting BS.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAbbas
gonna be painted flat black and a good portion of it cant be seen, if i dont like it at the end of the day, i can easily take it off. But lets watch the profanity on the site. If you dont like it, more than welcomed to say u dont, and id appreciate feedback to improve it, thats why im posting it, but statements like "you have got to be fucking kidding me" dont help in any regard, and with someone of your "rep" on the site, kinda expect a more intellectual and elloquent response. im not Eazyrider here trolling and posting BS.
Even if you straighten, paint, and correct the fit on this piece...it will still look like shit.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
moabizzi

Even if you straighten, paint, and correct the fit on this piece...it will still look like shit.
Thats your opinion, come up with something on your own, post it up in the thread, and say "this is how its supposed to be done". but what would u sugget doing to it to make it more aesthetically pleasing... looking at your avatar pic, im gonna take ur suggestions with a grain of salt... for obvious reasons
Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAbbas
Thats your opinion, come up with something on your own, post it up in the thread, and say "this is how its supposed to be done". but what would u sugget doing to it to make it more aesthetically pleasing... looking at your avatar pic, im gonna take ur suggestions with a grain of salt... for obvious reasons
http://www.proclipusa.com/
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
moabizzi

already posted it in the beggining of the thread, not spending $75 on a car mount.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:48 PM
moabizzi

Just waiting on my cousin to get the piece back to me, hes painting it, but the temp dropped atleast 25degrees in NJ, so its taking longer then he thought.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have not purchased one of these but my buddy tells me they are awesome. I'm thinking I may purchase one and see. But kind of pricey for a cell phone holder.

http://www.rammount.com/
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 1,020 Likes on 792 Posts

although its not my cup of tea.. i do like the "IDEA" behind it..

needs to be refined.

looks like this can wiggle around during driving..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM
moabizzi

Originally Posted by potmilkz
although its not my cup of tea.. i do like the "IDEA" behind it..

needs to be refined.

looks like this can wiggle around during driving..
yeah, that was my test piece, i used a different piece of aluminum, so its smoother, and i added another piece to the "stem" portion to make it more stable. i sanded everything down with the dremel. when i put that piece on the car it looked a lot better, and the phone + holder is so big that you cant really see the stand. it has 3 layers of primer on it right now, cousin said hes painting it flat black tomorrow, so around thursday i should have it back, maybe friday.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM
moabizzi

basically my final piece set into the spot where i want it. the phone is in a position where i can actually scroll through everything and click apps that i need. i have a Samsung Tec Tile in the holder aswell, which adjusts the brightness ringer volume and BT setting. the holder can actually rotate and stay in place with a lock on the back, so portrait and landscape modes can be used. i didnt drill any holes into the trim or side panels.

while driving, if i hit a rough patch it does shake but its nothing crazy, comes back to normal within a few seconds, other than that, the stability of the thing works well, its not irritating at all. all in all i like it, placement and functionality, and with the flat black paint its not really drawing attention or looking ugly in the car.

my little brother, 5'7" 150lbs kid can sit in the passenger seat without knocking into it, my 6'9" friend sat next to it last night and his knees werent knocking into it either, so it doesnt obstruct the passengers legs from naturally sitting. wondering if i could hardwire a charger into the car some how? maybe tap into the ciggerette lighter and run a wire up to the phone, keep it cleaner looking.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like it came out pretty good. The phone is positioned almost exactly where the Proclip attaches to the center console.

You could tap the DC Plug right next to the phone but you will still need to step down the voltage to 5V (not the 12V that is supplied by the DC Plug). If I were running a dedicated power cord for my phone I would tap a 12V source that isn't switched with the key (or push button start). You might want to tap at the fuse block and then tear apart a USB charger and solder leads the "+" and "-". You could then stuff it into a large shrink tube (or wrap it in electrical tape) and secure it with cable ties in the driver side foot well. If I remember correctly there is a lot of room when you remove the lower dash panel. Run the USB to the phone by poking it out where the bracket for the phone holder comes out of the center console.

As you can see, I have at least thought about this. I decided not to do it because I really never need to charge my phone during the day. I plug it in at night and it lasts all day (with about 60% battery left when I go to bed).
The following users liked this post:
MoAbbas (01-27-2013)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 AM
moabizzi

Originally Posted by oc48bound
Looks like it came out pretty good. The phone is positioned almost exactly where the Proclip attaches to the center console.

You could tap the DC Plug right next to the phone but you will still need to step down the voltage to 5V (not the 12V that is supplied by the DC Plug). If I were running a dedicated power cord for my phone I would tap a 12V source that isn't switched with the key (or push button start). You might want to tap at the fuse block and then tear apart a USB charger and solder leads the "+" and "-". You could then stuff it into a large shrink tube (or wrap it in electrical tape) and secure it with cable ties in the driver side foot well. If I remember correctly there is a lot of room when you remove the lower dash panel. Run the USB to the phone by poking it out where the bracket for the phone holder comes out of the center console.

As you can see, I have at least thought about this. I decided not to do it because I really never need to charge my phone during the day. I plug it in at night and it lasts all day (with about 60% battery left when I go to bed).
the proclip placement is what i wanted, IMO its the best place to put a mount.

would i be able to open up the car charger and use a voltmeter to figure out +/- and hook it up to the DC plug? should have all the internals in there to be at a lower voltage for phone use.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:15 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, you actually don't even need a voltmeter as the center pin on the dc plug is "+". Another option if you aren't comfortable with a soldiering iron would be to purchase this:
http://www.amazon.com/DURAGADGET-Hardwire-Micro-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B008OVL31M/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1359277804&sr=8-12&keywords=Hardwire+micro+USB++phone+charger http://www.amazon.com/DURAGADGET-Hardwire-Micro-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B008OVL31M/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1359277804&sr=8-12&keywords=Hardwire+micro+USB++phone+charger
it is $10.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
moabizzi

Originally Posted by oc48bound
Yes, you actually don't even need a voltmeter as the center pin on the dc plug is "+". Another option if you aren't comfortable with a soldiering iron would be to purchase this: http://www.amazon.com/DURAGADGET-Har...+phone+charger it is $10.
I have no problem soldering, i'll see what i can do, might extend some wires from the positive/negative terminals. i'll split open a charger cable and see if theres an extra wire inside, i think there is for data transfer, but not to sure about it.