2010 Tech package

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 Tech package

Hi. I'm new here
​​I have a 2010 SH-AWD 6MT.

I love the way the factory stereo sounds, but it has some serious quarks.

Is anyone else experiencing this:

- XM radio only stores 12 stations ( 2 groups of 6), has poor reception, and when I turn it on it defaults to the PGA golf channel (and shows 6 channels Ive never heard of)

- Bluetooth audio doesn't sound as crisp as factory XM does

- Cannot make phonecalls directly from phone when connected, I have to open the phonebook through the stereo to have call connected.

- GPS gives me constant warnings if I travel to small towns or go off of major highways

Are these common? Can the dealer update the firmware ir something to fix?

Thank you

-
Old 01-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
- XM radio only stores 12 stations ( 2 groups of 6), has poor reception, and when I turn it on it defaults to the PGA golf channel (and shows 6 channels Ive never heard of)

I have 2 keys and Driver 1 has different stations than Driver 2, if it switches, it may remember the last channel from the previous Driver. Typically, it goes to Driver 1, Settings 6. I. have changed the station to be something else to not annoy my wife.

I have never used BlueTooth Streaming. I have an older iPod and download MP3s to it.

- Cannot make phonecalls directly from phone when connected, I have to open the phonebook through the stereo to have call connected.

Use the steering wheel buttons to access the phone. It's the fastest way to make and receive a phone call. I have an older Samsung Android 2.0 phone and I don't have issues. Some users of newer phones may need to turn off WI-FI (from what I have read) to get it to connect better.

- GPS gives me constant warnings if I travel to small towns or go off of major highways.

I would get a map update. I have a 2009 TL and some of the roads have changed a lot since 2009. It is on my list of things to do in 2019.
The following users liked this post:
coldb (01-22-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 PM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by echodigital

I have 2 keys and Driver 1 has different stations than Driver 2, if it switches, it may remember the last channel from the previous Driver. Typically, it goes to Driver 1, Settings 6. I. have changed the station to be something else to not annoy my wife.

I have never used BlueTooth Streaming. I have an older iPod and download MP3s to it.

Use the steering wheel buttons to access the phone. It's the fastest way to make and receive a phone call. I have an older Samsung Android 2.0 phone and I don't have issues. Some users of newer phones may need to turn off WI-FI (from what I have read) to get it to connect better.

- GPS gives me constant warnings if I travel to small towns or go off of major highways.

I would get a map update. I have a 2009 TL and some of the roads have changed a lot since 2009. It is on my list of things to do in 2019.

If the GPS is giving warnings, odds are the update are not going to fix it. Though you can turn off the volume if needed. Perhaps you will get lucky, where I drive in MN SD ND apparently there is few major highways that are just too old to be added to the map data. I use the nav all the time, I know my directions in most area and when I dont it gets me there. Funny thing I see people using their phones and Google (should be anti-trusted) maps, I swear I bunch use it traffic and the phone will say get off here and take the back roads, then it feels like the main road opens up since so many I just following Google maps.
Sidenote: Google Maps (Wife) directed me on different route I have never seen in all the years where I travel. I swear there were zero people in the middle of the day on this road for like 25 miles, felt like I had drove into another Earth Dimension...it was funky.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ha. That's exactly what I suspected. I have a feeling it is geared towards major US centres.

Our puny Canadian towns are all ' unverified areas', and the message is annoying. Especially when listening to music, at a louder volume.

I'm seriously looking into adding an aftermarket double din deck, and seeing if I can use the factory GPS screen as a 2nd monitor?

3 Strikes:

- The Bluetooth dropping, or playing other music during a call;
- GPS yelling "Unverified Area" unexpectedly;
- XM forgetting favourites and playing PGA golf, and having poor signal

Also, I wonder if the NaviTool has newer bluetooth protocols built in, or would allow an add-on?

Thank you for your comments.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you ever install navtool in your car?

I installed Navtool in my car (Acura 2009 TL with tech package) and Navtool does not have bluetooth.

I love how it works except when making calls. I currently have an android and every time you make a call, it switches to phone instead of bluetooth. I always have to switch back to bluetooth but by the time I do that, the person on the other already hung up because it took too long.

It is the same problem you are having with, "I have Cannot make phonecalls directly from phone when connected". On android auto that is exactly what it does, makes a call directly from the phone.

I started researching to see if I can replace my hfl with a newer one from a 2010, 2011 or 2012 but I see 2010 has the same problem.

Thanks
-Dimitry
Old 02-24-2019, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Your car is a 2010. The basic idea is that you would put your phone away and use the cars system for everything. That is why you have a phone book, look up the number and push call. Be glad you can look up phone numbers and even input addresses while driving, my 2016 Ford Sync on my company car won't let me do any of those while driving. It will even drop the address if you put the car in reverse before it calculates the driving directions on an address. Sucks, sitting in park, input address, hit go, then put the car in reverse and forgets everything you just did...

As for the maps, that is a problem with GPS. I have never updated my maps but guess I just don't often drive in those areas. Best thing is to turn off the sound and voice so you don't have to hear it talking back at you. I can't stand it giving me directions so I just got rid of the sound.

as for the Bluetooth audio. I think mine sounds great with bluetooth or XM. Local stations, not so good. But Bluetooth sounds great. Might be something with your phone. The best is the DVA. Do you have a DVA disk?
Old 03-01-2019, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 TECH does not work for phone calls at all with iPhone X and XS. I never really paid attention with my iPhone 6+, 7+, or 8+, but I’m pretty sure it worked with the 6 and 7. As for BT music, have you turned the volume down on your phone? In my TL, I have to turn it down two clicks, and in my 2010 Mazda with Bose, I have to turn it down 3-4 clicks... I’ve had a few rentals over the years and they were the same way so in my experience, it these factory “premium” radios/systems that have this issue. I never had it with my aftermarkets.

GPS, I don’t use but I watch the map constantly and drive on roads that didn’t exist in 2012, never had an error or alert...

XM, what’s that? An older version of BT???

Last edited by mada51589; 03-01-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:51 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
coldb, let me know if you ever figure out a way to add that double din. I am trying to figure it out now but can't seem to get any info on it. A lot of the guys that have the non tech have installed double dins but ours is different.