Whew, almost locked my keys in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSGHutch
Can't roll em back up with key FOB. Apparently you can buy a roll up module to remedy this. It's unsafe to have windows auto roll up according to acura because there is no saftey feature to stop them.
You can roll up windows using the actual key itself. Turn to lock the car then turn again and hold. All windows will close. Works well when I forget to close rear windows
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Spyris
You can roll up windows using the actual key itself. Turn to lock the car then turn again and hold. All windows will close. Works well when I forget to close rear windows
This will also close the sun roof.. nice feature if you leave it open and see rain coming
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 AM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
It's true that the trunk will open if you throw your keys inside, but there's a way to lock your keys inside your trunk.. and I found out the hard way..

I was demonstrating to my friend how awesome this foolproof technology works and while I was throwing the trunk lid down and the car automatically opens it over and over again, he walked away and tried to open my front passenger door handle while I was doing my demonstration, then ::THUMP:: , no beep beep beep. My keys got locked in my trunk. My doors were locked. Had to call AAA to get my doors open...

Maybe it was bad karma or something... I was making fun of his TSX... =(

You guys should try it and let me know if yours lock too. Don't forget to have a set of spare handy..
Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm a noobie 4G owner and I found this answer to why my trunk wouldn't close. The dealership/sales guy never explained anything to me. It was a rush delivery and I was needing to get on the road so I can't fault them completely. My GF put her purse in the trunk with the Driver 2 FOB in it. We couldn't figured out why the trunk get beeping at us and popping open. Nothing in the manual under the trunk sections about this. I was able to override it by holding the trunk open button on the deck lid spoiler while I closed the lid. I heard it audibly latch then released the button and the trunk stayed shut.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't know that about the trunk or the key fob being able to roll down the windows. After reading this thread, I immediately ran outside and tested! Awesome!
Old 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Does this feature exist on the 2010 TSX?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,473 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperCK
I would assume so. I have it on my 2004 TSX!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Love Guru

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Only if you have a smart key. So, if you dont need to press the button on your FOB to unlock your car, you are in luck.

This could be a life saving feature if you get kidnapped and forced in the trunk of your own car...just make sure you have your FOB in your pocket, they will never be able to lock you in...
Old 07-23-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_raja
Only if you have a smart key. So, if you dont need to press the button on your FOB to unlock your car, you are in luck.

This could be a life saving feature if you get kidnapped and forced in the trunk of your own car...just make sure you have your FOB in your pocket, they will never be able to lock you in...

LOL the kidnappers will find that out easily once they try to close the trunk.. the car will beep and make this loud noise and will not close.. then your shit outta luck from there. lol
Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah that feature freaked me out a little the other day. I was dropping my TL off to get tinting and I had put my spare key in my bag just in case the tint folks accidentally locked my key in my car somehow.

So I put my bag in the trunk and drive away ignoring the little beeps I heard as something my new car just did without thinking about why it was doing that. A little ways down the block I notice my TRUNK OPEN warning. So I pull over and sure enough it's open. I scratch my head and wonder how I could have forgotten it. So I close the trunk and wait a couple of seconds only to see it spring back up. Thinking "great now I have to take it back to the dealership because the trunk is acting up" I try to close it again, only to see it magically open.

Fifteen seconds later I figured it out.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Instructor

I dont think the TSX comes with smart keys.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
When I picked up my car from the dealership, I had a package that I threw in the trunk and tried to close and it wouldn't and I got the manager to have a look and he asked where the fob was and I said it was in the car and he asked for the second one which was in the package lol and the moment I took it out the trunk closed

I was SO impressed. You can never lock yourself out in a 4G TL I LOVE MY BABY
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Love Guru

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
LOL the kidnappers will find that out easily once they try to close the trunk.. the car will beep and make this loud noise and will not close.. then your shit outta luck from there. lol
aha... but what if my kidnappers are blondes....
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 AM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,473 Likes on 930 Posts
I dont think the TSX comes with smart keys.
Oh, were you talking about the feature with the trunk not closing with the keys inside?

Because I thought you were referring to rolling down the windows with the remote, which is what I answered to.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
aha... but what if my kidnappers are blondes....
Assuming blonde [hot] women?

You lock yourself in the trunk!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I am the unlucky guy who locked out of my TL.

This morning, After workout, I had my key fob in my gym bag and threw the bag in the trunk. Somehow, this nice feature didn't work this time!

I had to call my family to bring my second key fob to open the car. I thought something went wrong so tried several times and it works again.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by potmilkz
still wont lock..

the trunk will reject the key being inside weather the car is on or not.

and if you leave the car on and step outside the car it will make this loud beeping sound to tell you that your keys are not in the car (unless you put it on the FOB key holder socket)

this feature has its drawbacks..

lets just say if you leave the keys in the car while its off and suppose you walked away.. it will never auto lock.. lol keys are inside the car.

someone can just hop in and press start and drive off.. lol

lol
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
One of my favorite features to show off to friends/family! However, I make sure my wife's key fob is nearby in case it decides to make a fool of me.