A plug for the Acura dealer. Wow.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
A plug for the Acura dealer. Wow.

I have been dealing with Erin Mills Acura in Mississauga for 14 years now. They just replaced my door speaker under warranty, no questions asked, although I did not buy this car from them. (2010 TL fwd) The service advisor was extremely accommodating. I spoke to them Tuesday a.m. and they had the new part installed the next day at no charge to me.
This is not the first time they have gone way beyond the normal level of customer service that one would expect.
They also have a couple of cool used TLs on the lot right now along with a gorgeous 2008 RL.
The following users liked this post:
hadokenuh (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh, aside from them being nice and accommodating, why would it be so surprising that they replace a (presumably broken in some way) door speaker at no charge to you? Isn't that what they're there for? Which dealer you buy the car from technically should not matter especially for cut and dry warranty cases.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's really sad that these days all it takes to impress us is factory warranty work. Lol.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Good to hear, Jim.

Actually, that's the way it should work anyway. It sounds like they've earned your business.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts
OK, I agree, but I will reiterate why I thought it was worth a "thank you".
Geez, some of you guys can't resist any opportunity to take a shot at someone, eh?
1. I have had so many crappy (lack of) "customer service" experiences lately.
2. My friend who unfortunately for him owns a GM car is constantly getting screwed by his dealer.
3. With my speaker issue, they simply took my word for the problem, never said they would have to have a listen to check it out.
4. The service advisor never looked at the mileage on my car, he just asked me after the car had been released back to me.
5. They did the job the very next day when it suited my schedule.

You can say that is all as it should be, but I doubt it goes so smoothly and easily every time.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts
Glad to hear that. Its not often you hear good things about dealers and I think its good when its said. Warranty work should still be appreciated since some people do have to argue with the dealer until they actually agree.

With the dealer i've been working with, despite all the aftermarket mods I have on the car and despite the fact that it is run in autocross now and again, they took care of any problems that was related to the past work they've done.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Chief Excellence Liason

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jim_c
OK, I agree, but I will reiterate why I thought it was worth a "thank you".
Geez, some of you guys can't resist any opportunity to take a shot at someone, eh?
1. I have had so many crappy (lack of) "customer service" experiences lately.
2. My friend who unfortunately for him owns a GM car is constantly getting screwed by his dealer.
3. With my speaker issue, they simply took my word for the problem, never said they would have to have a listen to check it out.
4. The service advisor never looked at the mileage on my car, he just asked me after the car had been released back to me.
5. They did the job the very next day when it suited my schedule.

You can say that is all as it should be, but I doubt it goes so smoothly and easily every time.
The dealership I work with has been really good about the warranty repairs...they've replaced batteries and fixed a drive shaft leak without a second thought, but with any speaker issues I had to push them a bit.

I had 3 different techs listen for a crackling sound in my tweeters that was obnoxious as hell for me, but none of them noticed it at all even after listening to the same track on my TL and another new one on the lot.

They did replace em eventually, but I guess nobody there had an ear for heavy metal :P
Old 08-17-2013, 08:49 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
hey, I also got some work done at that dealership and so far so good. They even did all wheel alignment with my SPC kit on the car with no problem. Seem like a good bunch. So far I only got few oil changes, alignment, and the transfer case fluid done. Will see if future once some warranty issues start pooping out how these are handled.