Official Pricing is Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
the way i look at this, Acura hasnt exactly earned or cemented sedans that are worth mid 40's to high 40's when its all said and done. Reason why Benz/BMW etc can do it, is well, because they are a Benz/BMW. its what comes with the vanity of it all.

Acura has to start somewhere, maybe they are using the TL to push the label forward. Personally, i think the jump should be made using the RL as the guide...over 40 for a TL? no way, even with the shawd. Too many good cars in that segment to plant 45K plus tax on. Benz, BMW, the Infiniti M, Audi anything really....if im spending 45, thats when name recognition will start to matter for me. under 40, where acura has primarily sat for its existance, is common territory. Theyre going to have to bring something serious to the table to start drawing away from the German cars & stickers.

all that being said tho, from what i hear, the sound damping, quality, and things that would justify a step up in class are in the TL.
Where do you get $45k plus for a TL. It has been stated throughout this thread that the TL SH-AWD with Tech is $42k. This is MSRP to boot so if you pay MSRP then I can understand why $42k and $45k in your opinion are the same number. In early 2009 the TL SH-AWD with tech will sell for under $40k. Buy an equally equipped BMW/Benz/Lexus for under $40k that offers the size, engine, and interior features that the TL offers. Here is a subliminal footnote for you $42, $42, $42. Got it.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeowen
The dealership here, Crown Acura- the sticker for the TL w/ Tech package was 39,489- and W/O Tech package was 35,689- I believe the only thing that separates the two according to the salesman was the NAV and Keyless entry-
Interesting. If correct, this is a game-changer and a very good sticker price - about $3k less than the speculated $38k for non-tech and $42k for tech. Actual deal price will be less than sticker.

Last edited by pokin; 09-23-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cecilt
Where do you get $45k plus for a TL. It has been stated throughout this thread that the TL SH-AWD with Tech is $42k. This is MSRP to boot so if you pay MSRP then I can understand why $42k and $45k in your opinion are the same number. In early 2009 the TL SH-AWD with tech will sell for under $40k. Buy an equally equipped BMW/Benz/Lexus for under $40k that offers the size, engine, and interior features that the TL offers. Here is a subliminal footnote for you $42, $42, $42. Got it.
It is 44 with the bigger wheels.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mhudson78660
It is 44 with the bigger wheels.
Throw in an Acura mug and you will be at $45k then
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nah-doubt it there boss.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I can see where some of you are claiming Acura is starting to do a nice price-spread offering more options. heres the thing....thats great..but nav or no nav isnt exactly an option package. neither is changing out the tires...id rather do that aftermarket...(the tires on the base are hideous..also dont like those 5 spokes on the shawd in the adds...they jsut dont fit the car)

Look at the, hell, NIssan Maxima, or any BMW for that matter etc...those are PACKAGES...once Acura desides to abandon the common man approach (which i think works to an extent for alot of people) and get deeper into some real luxury-tuned packages and presenting people with options of altering/customizing the look and feel of their particular vehicle....its still cookie cutter acura and i ain't paying a dime over 40 for it. Acura, at least for me, the cutoff is under 40. Im 26, im a working prof. after 40k...i want flair, some engine tweaks, more than a 5sp auto/paddle gear box and some different suspension settings. What i dont care for is that Acura in their wisdom thinks its a good idea to leave options out of a car lower in sticker. WHY? you can get the same stuff in a 3 series that you can in a 5....just make it an OPTION (-->see my above reference to packages) like the cooling seats in the RL etc...they have the feature in the brand...make it avail,,,i think the thinking of well if you want more you need to buy the more $$ model is beat..some people dont want the RL just because they may not like its style or presentation....doesnt mean they should be barred from getting what they want in a smaller/less expensive but STILL pricey model in the same brand. More options custamizations may drive the price up a bit, but if thats the territory they are aiming for, lets get some action involved in these models so when we walk into the Acura dealer...its not just the same beat question "NAV or no NAV?" finally they added shawd, at least thats a plus.

just my 2.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM
05 slate grey e500 AMG sp

There are lots of options the 5 series has that are not available on the 3, like heads up display & night vision. There will always be differences in content between models. In order to get you to move up a model.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
They did try it first with the RL, which failed miserably (I think it started at 50k+, and later added the base model which started at mid $40k?). For the TL, they set the base price to be at mid $30's. With SH-AWD it's still under $40k, it's only when you add in the tech package then it will be at $42k. IMO that's only slightly above $40k, and it's not going to be the best selling trim anyways. It's a good start for Acura anyways. A lot of people have been complaining that most, if not all Acura models lack packages/options, ie they only come in one or 2 trims with a choice of two different gearboxes only. Now they are starting to expand, we will have to wait few months to see how this will work for Acura.
I'm surprised that the new 2009 Canadian TL base car starts at $35K Cdn, which is about $6K Cdn cheaper than the current 2008 TL base car at $41K Cdn. Given the fact that the 2009 TL has a even bigger and more powerful engine, makes the new TL base car a much better buy.

Together with available AWD option, this lower-base-price pricing scheme will sure capture a bigger range of car shoppers. Sigh ..... just the front grill looks really ugly.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ssim3
There are lots of options the 5 series has that are not available on the 3, like heads up display & night vision. There will always be differences in content between models. In order to get you to move up a model.
A few other issues:

1) Honda/Acura's strategy of having a limited set of models (instead of all kinds of packages) might be one reason why their vehicles are so reliablity. Much less complexity in the process.

2) I always liked the simplified models because it made it easy to shop and compare deals. And Accord EX at one dealer has the identical features as an Accord EX at another dealer.

3) Most Acuras are so feature ladden anyway, that you get everything you could possible want. There aren't really that many options that I'd like to add.

4) Honda products have a more extensive set of after-market dealer add-ons than some other brands, and you are also able to add that stuff in ahead of time and negotiate it in the deal. And the BMW dealer, any dealer add-on is excluded from the deal.

5) Customization is costly. You would not believe how much BMW nickles and times you (granted, BMW is an extreme example).
Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
I'm surprised that the new 2009 Canadian TL base car starts at $35K Cdn, which is about $6K Cdn cheaper than the current 2008 TL base car at $41K Cdn. Given the fact that the 2009 TL has a even bigger and more powerful engine, makes the new TL base car a much better buy.

Together with available AWD option, this lower-base-price pricing scheme will sure capture a bigger range of car shoppers. Sigh ..... just the front grill looks really ugly.
Really? $35k only? Wow..that's a steal! I will do some research and see what features have been taken out. But $35k...I'm really surprised.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:58 PM
TL 2012 SH-AWD TECH/UMBER

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Really? $35k only? Wow..that's a steal! I will do some research and see what features have been taken out. But $35k...I'm really surprised.
The base TSX with transport and preparation is 34625 $CAN, so i would be really surprised that the TL price would be so low.

Considering there is always a 10-15% difference in price between USA and Canada, the Base TL should be around $43000
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I think Edward was talking about the base price of the TL is $35k, so that when you add in the PDI/shipping fees it's going to be $36-$37. But isn't that still a bit too close to the price of the TSX? Edward, I can't seem to find any info on Canadian pricing of the new TL. Could you post a link please?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

the Tech HPT will be around 46 grand guys after its all said and done.. FUCK THAT. For a nasty looking car and a ACURA being worth 46 grand fuck that.. Ill go buy a 335..
Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jeowen
The dealership here, Crown Acura- the sticker for the TL w/ Tech package was 39,489- and W/O Tech package was 35,689- I believe the only thing that separates the two according to the salesman was the NAV and Keyless entry-
Not exactly. There's iPod integration, real time weather/traffic, the back up camera, the sound system 400+ watt and ten speakers, the hard drive. I might be missing some stuff. Those things alone justify 4K extra. The base M, 5-series, A6 don't come with that as base. To add those features it will cost at least 4-8K above the base of the mid 40s. IMO most people will get the FWD Acura with either the tech or non-tech. The next segment will get the SH-AWD w/o the tech package. There will only be few who will get the SH-AWD w/ tech package. Those will be the ones either considering an RL vs the TL. It will come to aesthetics and sporting preferences.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,114 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Originally Posted by darth62
A few other issues:

1) Honda/Acura's strategy of having a limited set of models (instead of all kinds of packages) might be one reason why their vehicles are so reliablity. Much less complexity in the process.

2) I always liked the simplified models because it made it easy to shop and compare deals. And Accord EX at one dealer has the identical features as an Accord EX at another dealer.

3) Most Acuras are so feature ladden anyway, that you get everything you could possible want. There aren't really that many options that I'd like to add.

4) Honda products have a more extensive set of after-market dealer add-ons than some other brands, and you are also able to add that stuff in ahead of time and negotiate it in the deal. And the BMW dealer, any dealer add-on is excluded from the deal.

5) Customization is costly. You would not believe how much BMW nickles and times you (granted, BMW is an extreme example).
, yep that's some of the reason Honda/Acura's are so appealing to car buyers. Your point #1 was part of a article in Electronic Engineering Times a couple years ago had a article on the complexity of some vehicles being directly related to the number of problems.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by kosstick
the Tech HPT will be around 46 grand guys after its all said and done.. FUCK THAT. For a nasty looking car and a ACURA being worth 46 grand fuck that.. Ill go buy a 335..
Problem is, when you get the tech features and the wheel combo for the 335i..it's well over $50k...then someone comes and say "well I don't need all those features in the 335i"..yea true..but then when you take the tech package and HPT package off the TL it's $38k...
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Snax

$28,686 OTD for a new 08 TL base with 13 miles.
$36K+ OTD for an 09 is a little tougher to swallow.

When the prices stabalize the 'value' will be created.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts
I think Edward was talking about the base price of the TL is $35k, so that when you add in the PDI/shipping fees it's going to be $36-$37. But isn't that still a bit too close to the price of the TSX? Edward, I can't seem to find any info on Canadian pricing of the new TL. Could you post a link please?
I'm sorry. I made a mistake. The Canadian web page I looked at was quoting US pricing in the US. The $35K was US pricing for US cars, not Canadian pricing for Canadian cars. I'll take back all that I've said in my previous post.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

lol that's alright..hopefully Canadian pricing will come out soon.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Racer

If you think about it if you get the car and pay sticker and add tax,title and tag, its going to be over 45 for sure. i think that is what he meant
Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hugh9269
I dont think these are crazy prices. Cost of steel, aluminum, transportation and materials have went up on everything.

The base TL is less than a 09' Maxima SV with Premium package
The TL Tech is $600 more than a Maxima SV Premium with Nav
The TL SHAWD is $1500 less than a 09' A4 3.2 Premium +
The TL SHAWD Tech is $3500 less than a 09' A4 3.2 Prestige

These are cars people will cross shop to the new TL.
I agree, The TL/S and the Max will be as always crossed shopped. Very similiar in there mission (powerful, sporty, nice front wheel drivers with soul), the only reason that they aren't compared more is because of the G35. I can see lots of comparisons between the 2 as in 02 between the 3.5 Max and TLS then in the near future!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by kobi2002
If you think about it if you get the car and pay sticker and add tax,title and tag, its going to be over 45 for sure. i think that is what he meant
Erf... I find it amusing when I see people take the Acura price and add all the fees on the most expensive model AND then choose the cheapest version of a competitor without the sales tax as a comparison.....
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
wow. a whole 10 grand price increase from the top of the line TL we bought only in 2004.

what happened to the TL that had less options and an all in one package?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
wow. a whole 10 grand price increase from the top of the line TL we bought only in 2004.

what happened to the TL that had less options and an all in one package?
Funny, If you get a base TL in 2004, it was 33,715. If you got a base TL in 2009 it has a MSRP of 35,715. Seems like a 2000 difference.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JAB00
Not exactly. There's iPod integration, real time weather/traffic, the back up camera, the sound system 400+ watt and ten speakers, the hard drive. I might be missing some stuff. Those things alone justify 4K extra. The base M, 5-series, A6 don't come with that as base. To add those features it will cost at least 4-8K above the base of the mid 40s. IMO most people will get the FWD Acura with either the tech or non-tech. The next segment will get the SH-AWD w/o the tech package. There will only be few who will get the SH-AWD w/ tech package. Those will be the ones either considering an RL vs the TL. It will come to aesthetics and sporting preferences.
Nice, makes more sense now
Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

^lol...oh my...see the problem here? Some people want to have MORE options, similar to what BMW is doing...but there are also many people who want less options and all in one package...