New 2010 TL SH-AWD Owner needs help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2010 TL SH-AWD Owner needs help

Hi All,
Just pick up my 2010 white/balck CPO TL. It is a great car and no complaint so far. I have two questions unrelated to the car but to the car sales and hope anyone here can help me with it. The dealership is Paragon Acura in NY.

1. The car has some minor body work problems, one small dent on the trunk and few scratches on the front and back chrome grill. The sales person rush me through the whole process and claimed he is going to take care of the body work after we sign the deal. However when i pick up the car today, the scratch and dent are still there, plus there is a new dent on the rear passenger door. The sales is not responding my car and text right now. Is there anything i can do? Since it is not a new car but only a CPO, should I contact Acura USA corporate if the dealership refuse to?

2. If ultimately i will need to fix the car myself, can anyone recommend a body shop? I only want to fix the two small paint-less dents. How much will it cost to fix that in NY area?

The reason I agree to expedite the whole process because this TL has low mileage, with tech package and the price is great. They also provide four nearly new rims and four new oem tire because the old one got stolen.

Thanks a lot!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:41 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
were the dents and scratches they promised to fix written down as part of the purchase agreement?

there is usually a separate form that they write on for things to be done to the car at time of purchase.

i had some minor body work done to my MDX, which was included in the paperwork and the purchase agreement (in writing) when i purchased my MDX.

if they said they would fix it, but its not written down and signed off on by the sales manager...you might be SOL. be persistent and keep trying to contact your salesman. if you can't get a hold of him, then go to the general sales manager and see what he can do for you (he can be nice about it, or he can just tell you, that my salesman never gave me anything saying we agreed to do ding and scratch repair).

if you end up fixing them yourself, PDR for two dings shouldn't be too $$$.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Good luck with everything, I for see those dents not getting fixed by the dealer. Just to give some bad news Paragon Acura is the worst Acura dealer in the try state area. I know this because if you go to the forums on the NY/NJ section you will hear about the horror stories, and my friend is a salesman there.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by types1fan
Good luck with everything, I for see those dents not getting fixed by the dealer. Just to give some bad news Paragon Acura is the worst Acura dealer in the try state area. I know this because if you go to the forums on the NY/NJ section you will hear about the horror stories, and my friend is a salesman there.
If they are really this bad, complaint to Acura/Honda USA doesn't help at all??
Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Most likely not but give it a try and see what happens. One other thing, never believe what a salesman tells you. I got burned in the past by a saleman at a Nissan dealer so you live and you learn.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:38 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Paragon is the worst....

If its not in "writing" you are SOL... if you want the best body shops, go to Great Neck, or Rallye Auto Body in Mineola/Carle Place
Old 08-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
If you have to fix it yourself, just be careful going to a body shop if you are looking for paintless dent removal. They usually like to say that what you have is not PDR and that you should let them spray it.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard that in the past and when I finally got a good independent dent guy to look at it, the car was done in 20 minutes and you could never tell anything was wrong with it. I can't see it costing more than $150- $200, it's only two small dents.

Usually dealers have a dent guy on contract so it's no additional cost to them, they can usually get it fixed easily. As far as the stratches on the grills, even if they are minor and may come off with a plastics polish, you run the risk of dulling the finish so unless you want to replace them or get them painted body color, I would leave them alone if the dealer doesn't agree to fix them.

Last edited by winstrolvtec; 08-07-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY

If its not in "writing" you are SOL...
^this

Never trust a car salesperson.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Show up in person to the dealer, and confront the salesman. And if he walks away from you, go straight to his boss, the sales manager. The last thing they want is an unhappy customer in the showroom! That would get there attention.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (08-09-2011)
Old 08-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
I bought my CPO '07 TL at Paragon and am very pleased with the car but very displeased with the dealership. The salesman lied to me multiple times which I confronted him about. His buddies, and partners in crime, overheard the conversation and came up and started rallying to support him, telling me he didn't say what I know he said. I'm a very detail oriented person and I don't make up stuff.

In fact, he swore to me a certain recall had been taken care of and when I recently took it to a local dealer they confirmed that it had not been done. I wasn't surprised. I didn't believe him to start with. Everything that I asked for was in writing and he didn't do any of them. I addressed every item and he just tried to change the subject. I think he was pissed at me and intentionally didn't do what I asked.

Here's why I think that. I found the car online. I'm not from the NY area. I negotiated over the phone and we agreed on the price. It was a fair price but he wouldn't budge at all. It was going to be a couple of weeks before I could pick up the car so I asked him to remove the ad. He assured me he would. He never did. A week goes by and I bring the ad up online and the price had dropped $1600.

I immediately called and spoke to another sales person and asked if the car was still available and to confirm the price. She told me it was still available and that the price was lowered. I then e-mailed him asking why the car was still being advertised after I had given him a credit card deposit. I also told him that I wanted the new price or the deal was off.

If he'd done what he was supposed to have done, he could have made an additional $1600 for his dealership. But he was so pathetic that he lost the money that I was more than willing to pay. So, I think he took his anger out on me and didn't do any of the things I requested just to piss me off. In the end though, I got a great car at an incredible price. In fact, that was a year ago today and I could still sell the car for more than what I paid for it and I've put 24k miles on it in the last year.

But as far as Paragon Acura goes, they can kiss my a$$. Will NEVER use that sorry dealership again. I've since read mulitple horror stories involving them. BTW, my salesman's first name started with the letter, "P".

Another thing, while I was there waiting forever for them to process the paperwork, (which took 5 hours!!!), I overheard another salesman take a call. He obviously didn't want to talk to the person on the other end of the phone and told the guy he'd have to get back with him because he was assisting another customer at the moment. He hung up the phone and leaned back in his chair sipping a soda. I was the only customer in the dealership at the time. I was so disgusted by their lying tactics. I've never seen such a shady staff in my entire life. Paragon Acura, in my opinion, should be forced to close and Acura should do more due diligence regarding whom they allow to represent their good name.

Last edited by a35tl; 08-13-2011 at 11:53 AM.