Need help asap

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 02:55 PM
8th Gear

Need help asap

I have an 2014 Acura TL this morning i did the transmission relearn sequence by putting the car in accessory mode then holding the gas pedal for 30 seconds.. indrove my car for like 20 mins on the highway when i got to my destination and shut my car off then tried to restart it, it would
nt start and then red light start flashing next to the drive indicator on my dashboard.. the only that works on my car is the hazard lights and my horn.. but car wont start and my key gets no response from my vehicle.. my battery is brand new.. i tried unhooking my battery for a few minutes.. pressing and holding buttons on my key but nothing happens.. when i press my start button on my car red ligt just blinks and nothing else
Old Yesterday | 08:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

What DTC?
It's strange, I'm looking at the Honda manual for replacing the transmission and there's not a single word about relearn.
Old Yesterday | 08:42 PM
8th Gear

Relearn might not be the exact term. But basically the procedure to reset the transmission to factory setting so it can relearn my driving pattern etc.
Old Yesterday | 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hushmoney
Relearn might not be the exact term. But basically the procedure to reset the transmission to factory setting so it can relearn my driving pattern etc.
My TL transmission will learn after my wife in 1-2 driving cycles.
Old Yesterday | 09:15 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by altair47
My TL transmission will learn after my wife in 1-2 driving cycles.
Man i thought u was commenting to help me.. instead your making humor out the situation smh
Old Yesterday | 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Man i thought u was commenting to help me.. instead your making humor out the situation smh
Where is the humor here? What is your DTC?
Old Yesterday | 09:29 PM
8th Gear

I haven't got the dtc yet because the car wont start and i wasnt able to get it to auto or mechanic.. i dont have a a scanner myself. So i gotta wait till tomorrow and get it towed somewhere to have it scanned? Will it still svan either though it's not allowing me to start the vehicle? I know the car isnt dead all it does is flash the little small red indicator on my dash when i push the start button
Old Yesterday | 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

I haven't got the dtc yet because the car wont start and i wasnt able to get it to auto or mechanic.. i dont have a a scanner myself. So i gotta wait till tomorrow and get it towed somewhere to have it scanned? Will it still svan either though it's not allowing me to start the vehicle? I know the car isnt dead all it does is flash the little small red indicator on my dash when i push the start button
So the car is completely dead, the security light is blinking and there is no accessory mode?
Old Yesterday | 09:46 PM
8th Gear

Nope when i push the button only the security light blinks
Old Yesterday | 10:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nope when i push the button only the security light blinks
If there is no message about missing key then you have no power. What is the voltage on the battery?
Old Yesterday | 10:16 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by altair47
If there is no message about missing key then you have no power. What is the voltage on the battery?
Not sure but i just bought the battery on Wednesday morning from auto zone..