Keyless system

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014 | 11:04 AM
Cruisin'

Keyless system

2011 Acura TL AWD .Check Keyless Access System message is displaying. driver 1,2 key are still working normal to operation the car or open the door. Please help .. Thanks
Old 10-11-2014 | 11:23 AM
Instructor

First off, since it is a 2011, you might still be under the 4/50 warranty. If so, your local Acura dealer will be able to get that looked at under the warranty.

The message you see indicates there are error codes stored in the system. It could be as simple as low battery voltage causing erroneous error codes to something more involved in the keyless system that is really having problems.
Old 10-11-2014 | 06:14 PM
Cruisin'

my car is over 50K miles, Its run out warranty. someone clear the code but can't resolve my issue. any clues? Thanks
Old 10-11-2014 | 06:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdk714
my car is over 50K miles, Its run out warranty. someone clear the code but can't resolve my issue. any clues? Thanks
I would suggest you purchase the HIM (honda diagnostics system) from Ebay. It is not that expensive (roughly $130) and it is really useful for all kinds of diagnostics on Hondas and Acuras:

NEW HIM FOR Honda Diagnostic System Tool HDS PC Scan Tool Acura Testers | eBay

It will tell you exactly which component of the keyless system is faulty.

I had the same message come up on my display. I ran diagnostics with HIM and found out that my rear trunk keyless antenna is shorting. Bought the part, replaced it in 20 minutes and the message went away.
Old 10-11-2014 | 08:41 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by jdk714
2011 Acura TL AWD .Check Keyless Access System message is displaying. driver 1,2 key are still working normal to operation the car or open the door. Please help .. Thanks
Can you find out which part(s) of your "keyless access system" is not working ?
Old 10-12-2014 | 09:58 AM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Originally Posted by acupower
I would suggest you purchase the HIM (honda diagnostics system) from Ebay. It is not that expensive (roughly $130) and it is really useful for all kinds of diagnostics on Hondas and Acuras:

NEW HIM FOR Honda Diagnostic System Tool HDS PC Scan Tool Acura Testers | eBay

It will tell you exactly which component of the keyless system is faulty.

I had the same message come up on my display. I ran diagnostics with HIM and found out that my rear trunk keyless antenna is shorting. Bought the part, replaced it in 20 minutes and the message went away.

I had some bad experiences in the past buying these gadgets from non-authorized retailers. Especially when it comes to re-programming the on-board computers. Adding to that, returns for refunds if these gadgets don't work are next to impossible. Not to mention customer service that is horrible. Again I speak solely on past experiences buying these things from fleabay.

The legitimate tablet HDS and connector sold by Honda goes for over $3,000 and comes with a annual subscription for updates. Thats the safe way to go about it acquiring that tool.

So careful what you buy and if you do buy cheap careful what you update your on board computers with. Diagnosing may be harmless but attempt any re-programming or setting parameters may not be safe.

PS. to the original poster: take a drive to the closest dealership and ask them to reset the computer using their own legitimate software and tools. Sleep well at night after.

Last edited by Tonyware; 10-12-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-12-2014 | 11:33 AM
Instructor

What condition is the battery in? If it is still the original battery, I would start with putting in a fresh battery if you did not want to have a dealer start testing the system first.
Old 10-14-2014 | 07:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tonyware
I had some bad experiences in the past buying these gadgets from non-authorized retailers. Especially when it comes to re-programming the on-board computers. Adding to that, returns for refunds if these gadgets don't work are next to impossible. Not to mention customer service that is horrible. Again I speak solely on past experiences buying these things from fleabay.

The legitimate tablet HDS and connector sold by Honda goes for over $3,000 and comes with a annual subscription for updates. Thats the safe way to go about it acquiring that tool.

So careful what you buy and if you do buy cheap careful what you update your on board computers with. Diagnosing may be harmless but attempt any re-programming or setting parameters may not be safe.

PS. to the original poster: take a drive to the closest dealership and ask them to reset the computer using their own legitimate software and tools. Sleep well at night after.
I fully agree. You're always taking a risk when trying to save a buck...The reason I recommended this interface is because I have used it to program the immobilizer. I installed the OEM remote starter and then had to register it with the car's immobilizer. The procedure is pretty much the same as registering a new key.

Anyways, I was able to register the remote start with no issues whatsoever and in no time.
Old 10-15-2014 | 02:31 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by heisnuts
What condition is the battery in? If it is still the original battery, I would start with putting in a fresh battery if you did not want to have a dealer start testing the system first.
^^ I was thinking the same thing.. I will also add, if you haven't already done so change the remote batteries if they're old.