2022 MDX Advance in Fathom Blue Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 11:46 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
Birdonamission, Well, I've got my MDX Advance, same as yours. I am enjoying it like immensely. I am soooo very glad I picked the same Color Combo you did. The color was Named appropriately, it looks like the Fathoms of the Sea. More Blue up close, a bit more Blue Black from a distance. Like Sea water. So far with about 800 miles on the clock (AAAAHHHH No more commuting as I am Retired), No Problems mechanically. There is a small weird Blotch patch in the paint in the rear passenger side quarter panel , almost like it was Rubbed. Going to Dealer Service Dept. today for a look see.

On a different MDX blog site, some folks there have posted that they have experienced some problems with various issues including Tranny issues ? I have not , has anyone else?

One question as I consider the Running Boards with the Chrome accents : Is it interfering with entering or leaving the vehicle ?
Almatti - Congratulations! Great choice! Interesting about the paint issue. The dealership should take care of that. Sounds like it could be buffed off, maybe?

I've had no issues at all. No complaints from me. Loving it so far very much!

For me, the running boards don't interfere with egress. I'm about 5'9" so I normally don't need it to get in or out, so more times than not, I'm not stepping on it. It would be more for passengers, especially if they're short-ish.

Again, congrats!!
Old 10-24-2021, 10:53 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
I was pretty active on the site before the ‘19 RDX, but became less active. Went for service for the ‘19 and my wife saw the ‘22 MDX in July. We put down a deposit and it came home yesterday. I must be a glutton for punishment. Have a ‘19 RDX and a ‘22 MDX. At least I have a hint of some of the problems that might happen.
The following 2 users liked this post by billyt1963:
jyrtl (11-21-2021), papachan (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 11:41 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
billyT1963.. Congrats. Looks so Familar !!! LOL. Just Like mine and Birdonamission. I love the rare Color. TO me , it's Outstanding in the different shades of light. Like the Fathoms of the Sea. Unfortunately, Mine Got KIssed by an Idiot this week (posted in another Thread ), but the damage aftr the body shop pushed the rear quater panel (which is part of the Bumper) back into place, is not very bad, and bearly discernable. I am disgusted by it, but I may wait to do anything yet. I will not file under Insurance, bc it will probably raise my premiums in the following 6 months.
Good Luck and Happy Motoring with the this Terrifc SUV. I too traded in my 2019 MDX Advance on an early Lease Termination deal. Yes, it costs me more money, However, although I liked the 2019, it did not generate the level of excitement that this car does to this Old Man ... 70 !!
The following users liked this post:
billyt1963 (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 11:47 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
I saw your other post. What happened really stinks.

I think we will enjoy. We had a 90 mile drive home, so we got a good inaugural drive.

It is very similar to my '19 RDX, but there are enough differences it will have a little bit of a learning curve.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:20 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I went ahead and added the running boards with chrome accents and splash guards. Also got wheel locks; all-weather front and second row mats; cargo tray, net, and cover; door handle film and edge guards; and, chrome tailgate trim. The inside is super nice, of course. This one is a keeper.

Can't beat a blue Advance!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by E92Vancouver:
birdonamission (12-01-2021), Tienws (01-25-2022)
Old 11-26-2021, 05:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Adeel Ahmad
Acura cheaped out with the ambient lighting in the ASpec trim Compared to Advanced
Woa! Love that blue. Will try it out!! Thanks!!
Old 12-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Birdonamission (I’m in MD too):

I’m going to get a RDX and initially was looking for the white with expresso interior. Dealer showed me the blue fathom pearl (in a sedan) with the gray interior and I put a deposit on the RDX blue/gray. I thought the gray interior had a dark gray dash, etc…can you confirm? It looks gray in your photos (vs black). I stopped by the dealer today and they had a blue MDX with gray seats but the dash is black. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2021, 10:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by dainec
Hi Birdonamission (I’m in MD too):

I’m going to get a RDX and initially was looking for the white with expresso interior. Dealer showed me the blue fathom pearl (in a sedan) with the gray interior and I put a deposit on the RDX blue/gray. I thought the gray interior had a dark gray dash, etc…can you confirm? It looks gray in your photos (vs black). I stopped by the dealer today and they had a blue MDX with gray seats but the dash is black. Thanks!
Hey fellow Marylander...

I would describe the dash's color as dark gray. Notice the bezel of the infotainment screen in this photo - how its true black color contrasts against the dark gray color of the dash (pardon the dust lol):

Last edited by birdonamission; 12-01-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:40 AM
Cruisin'

Hi Birdonamission:

thanks for posting a closer look at the dash color. When I went to the dealer in EC yesterday, they showed me the MDX in FBP and the interior was gray and black. I told him I thought the sedan I saw last week had a darker gray dash and he insisted I was wrong and it was black. I had taken pictures but it was hard to tell. Your picture clearly shows the dark gray dash. I just hope the 2022 RDX/Advance has the dark gray dash vs black. Go Ravens!
Old 12-02-2021, 06:47 AM
Cruisin'

Hello: can you post a p few pictures of the expresso interior? I had originally wanted the white with expresso but missed my opportunity on a 2022 RDX/Advance. I am now considering a blue fathom pearl with gray stone interior. My dealer has another white coming in with parchment interior. I thought the expresso looked a bit more masculine however but it is less common then the parchment interior. Now I can’t find an expressso interior to just look at it again… year doesn’t matter. The BFP is expected to be in close to the e d of the year so I have to finalize my decision. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2021, 08:16 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Like Birdonamission, I too got the FBP with Graystone Interior!! Love it, and because of Birdie (his Pics sold me). So when I went Shopping for my new 2022 MDX on a 2019 MDX trade in (lease "early Termination" deal with $1K form Acura Loyalty money), and saw it LIVE on my dealer's lot, I was SOLD. The color has the Right Name: It looks like the Fathoms of the Sea....sometimes a bit Blackish and then Bluish in varying light. The Graystone Interior is the Over the Top ingredient for My Cookbook... It looks terrific, blending so well with the balance of the materials. I don't like Black Interiors - gets too hot for my liking - but the Carbon Liquid Metallic is probably the best Exterior color for this car , but of course, that's subjective. I almost Switched my order in August when I saw one in the Dealer's showroom. He told me it would more $1.5K more... I refused it and took my FBP. After 3 months, the Novelty of this car is strong. And I'm 70 year old with a 14 year old mentality at XMAS !! By the wy, after taking a number of extended 280 mile trips on the Jersey Turnpike, visiting some of the Grandkids, driving 75-80 MPH (for as long as I can until I hit Traffic), she is so comfortable and controlled. Mileage could be a bit better though.
You will Love it !!!
Old 12-03-2021, 02:14 PM
Pro

Solid!!!
Old 12-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Cruisin'

Almatti, thanks for the additional info. Question for you or Birdonamission….how do you like the 360 camera? I was just in a Lexus 350 with panoramic camera and the camera is fantastic. I am wondering if the Acura’s camera is as good as the Lexus camera. Thoughts? Thanks
Old 12-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Cruisin'

Hi Almatti: you mentioned having an expresso interior. For a while I was thinking I wanted a white RDX with expresso interior but they are hard to find. Did you like the expresso interior? Would love to know positives and negatives. Thanks
Old 12-04-2021, 03:50 AM
Resurrected Drummer

dianec, Howdy!! The Camera in the MDX seems to suffice and provide enough of a pana view needed. I don't about the comparison to the RX.
Pertaining to the Espresso interior - I had a 2019 MDX Advance in Canyon Bronze Mettalic with the Espresso interior. It was a nice combo with the CBM exterior. It "blended" relatively well with the balance of interior materials, and to my recollection was consistent to the seatbacks of the front seats. The CBM exteriro wa very RARELY seen anywhere around me. But when I leased it in June 2019 to replace the 2016 QX60 (which also had an espresso leather interior / White Exterior - that was pretty sharp look), I saw the CBM / Espresso interior on the lot, it could My Eye and I went with it. When I was shopping for the 2022 MDX, both On Line (I forget which YT video that presented Pics of all the Color Combos, but Search it on YouTube), and also at 3
Old 12-04-2021, 04:45 AM
Resurrected Drummer

dianec, sorry for the cutoff on the reply. I just wrote this whole disertation about my opinion and experinces. I must of hit the wrong key on the tablet....Poof it's gone.

Bottom line: I did not like the nerw Espresso interior bc of the many color mixes with the other materials. The Graystone TO ME - blended better / flowed better. I did not like the dark Gray plastic front seatbacks on the espresso leather . But this is Subjective.I saw it on a liquid Carbon Metallic model on a dealer's lot.
The 360 camera was not a deciding feature to me. It's there, works well, you can select different views including the front which helps to see over the front hood when approaching a low lying obstacle like a Parking Curb, etc.

Best advice I can offer .... SHOP your deal at 3 different dealers, really test drive the MDX , even compare it to the RDX (I Did), don't get compulsive ( did that when I got a 2016 QX60...What Was I thinking??). You will be SOLD on the MDX , now its just a color combo that you like!! Oh yeah, test drive some competition: new QX60, Pathfinder, Telluride and Palisade. The BImmer, Audi, and Volvo was too ricjh for my blood especially compared to a MDX Advance. They are $1000s More. I lease my cars, but the one I have is a Winner and I may be buying it in 3 years. i will keep my eye on the market at that time. The EVs and Hybrids coming out may render the Gasoline engine to be a much less valued Used car.

Last edited by Almatti; 12-04-2021 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:49 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks Almatti: the MDX is a bit too big for me and my needs so I have settled on the RDX (I’m switching from a CRV world…I’ve had 3). I loved the white/expresso when I saw it on a 2020 and 2021 but have not seen it on a 2022. Then I saw BFP/gray and had a semi change of heart, lol. I can’t get white/expresso from my local dealer which is where I prefer to buy. I was hoping someone would share negative thoughts on either the white exterior or the expresso interior so I could get it out of my head….

on a different note, has anyone been successful in eliminating the dealer processing fee?

thanks
Old 12-04-2021, 09:39 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Thumbs up

dianc, I test drove the 2021 RDX, it is a wonderful car too, but I'm a 220 pounder, with some spinal / back issues and wondered if I would remain comfortable on the longer drives that we do 2X a month. Oh yes, it lots more Money, but I did settle on the MDX, interior comfort and other features that I enjoyed. I'm retired at 70 YO, and really didn't need a 3 row SUV (actually, I wonder who really uses that to haul people - it fits small kids at best , in any of these 3 rowers), so the I Treated Myself. We too have had 3 CRVs (2010, 2013 [Air Bags issue reared its Ugly Head), and now a 2016. Never had a problem with any of these Hondas. The 2016 is a White exterior with Parchment interior. I don't like the Black Interiors as they get Too Hot for us.
I never saw a RDX with the Espresso interior - that sounds if that may be a nice fit for that car, especially with the White Exterior. Must be the same White on the RDX which does look sharp. The RDX does "Fly" and handles like its on rails for sure. I really Pushed it in the test drive with no one with me bc of COVID. Sport + Mode is going to take your breath away.. I recently came across a YT review of the 2022 RDX. I believe it's the same engine, 10speed AT tranny and suspension with some cosmetic changes.

Good Luck on whatever you decide !!
Old 12-04-2021, 10:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1,231 Likes on 890 Posts
Originally Posted by dainec
Thanks Almatti: the MDX is a bit too big for me and my needs so I have settled on the RDX (I’m switching from a CRV world…I’ve had 3). I loved the white/expresso when I saw it on a 2020 and 2021 but have not seen it on a 2022. Then I saw BFP/gray and had a semi change of heart, lol. I can’t get white/expresso from my local dealer which is where I prefer to buy. I was hoping someone would share negative thoughts on either the white exterior or the expresso interior so I could get it out of my head….

on a different note, has anyone been successful in eliminating the dealer processing fee?

thanks
I had a 2018 MDX that I turned in last year in FBP and Graystone interior. Loved the combo and I'm sure it will be easy to resell it if desired.

Not a fan of the Acura interior espresso color myself. I prefer a brighter brown (closer to cherry) for interiors.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks Almatti: the RDX size will be fine for me. A little bit bigger than the CRV. I was considering the Lexus 350 but it is too large and the MDX is similar in size to the Lexus 350. I just met someone who has a 2022 BFP with gray and loved the color. It looks great so I think I am sold on the blue vs white RDX. So many people are buying white so I want to be just a little different.
The following 2 users liked this post by dainec:
birdonamission (12-12-2021), OTSB708 (12-06-2021)
Old 05-20-2022, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by birdonamission
Here's a few more photos.

I've been meaning to thank you for posting these pics!!

After seeing the pics, I added the running boards with chrome trim to our FBP MDX Advance that we had coming in. We've had it a few weeks now and are really enjoying it!
The following users liked this post:
papachan (05-21-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 06:27 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Congrats on the new MDX FBP / with Gray Interior. Glad you are really enjoying it. I still wrestle with adding running boards and Splash guards.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:51 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome Tailgate Trim

Hello, beautiful MDX! Reaching out to see your feedback on the chrome tailgate trim. Have you been happy with the quality of the OEM part from Acura? Would you install it again? I have been hard-pressed to find pictures of 4th generation MDXs with this accessory besides this thread.

I love the way it looks, but my only concern was will it last the test of time. I am hoping so. I believe I read it is glued to the car with 3M strips? I would have the dealer do the installation. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PrecisionPilot
Hello, beautiful MDX! Reaching out to see your feedback on the chrome tailgate trim. Have you been happy with the quality of the OEM part from Acura? Would you install it again? I have been hard-pressed to find pictures of 4th generation MDXs with this accessory besides this thread.

I love the way it looks, but my only concern was will it last the test of time. I am hoping so. I believe I read it is glued to the car with 3M strips? I would have the dealer do the installation. Thanks in advance.
Hello. It still looks as good as new. It might not seem it would add that much to the car's aesthetic, but it really does. I really love the way it looks, too, and it's already a beautiful car! Very glad I chose to have it added.

Sorry, I don't know how it's glued to the car, but it's on so perfectly, it's as if it came that way from the factory. I wouldn't worry about the quality and durability at all.
Old 12-16-2023, 05:39 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, that is great to know! I agree it does seem to add a refined finishing touch. Looking forward to adding this accessory!