MDX Type S in the Flesh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ANTA
Hmmm not saying Covid is a part of the issue but seems like a excuse. If they wanted to make it happen, they would of got it done in a safe manor. Even the reviews from Acura are weak. Its like the Type S base model doesn't exist, lets just shill you are almost $80k Advance lol. Show us more colors. More performance. Lets be real, if you're on the fence are you going to spend top dollar for a Types S by just driving it 35mph around the corner for a test drive? Maybe its food maybe its not? Idk feels like the ball was dropped by Acura with this marketing.
I agree 100%. The massive ball drops makes me wonder if they’re worried it’ll get clobbered by journalists. Given the lackluster performance of the TLX Type-S against German competitors, one could expect the raw performance of this may not be that much better than the regular MDX. Acura may feel if they just stick to marketing it as a sporty SUV and keep it out of comparisons, maybe it’s the better move?

For me, what has me at pause is the abysmal gas mileage for the segment. It’d be one thing if this thing performed like a champ, but I’m expecting lackluster acceleration and the mpg hit is pretty extreme considering a new/modern power train.

17/21 is worse than the new LX600 which has more power, more weight and more size. Heck the larger and faster GLS580 basically gets the same mpg. GLE450, X5 and even X7 probably all out accelerate the MDX Type S and get 5+ mpg better.

I hope I’m wrong, but given how the TLX was waxed by the likes of BMW and Audi on the drag strip and also returned 20% worse mpg, it only makes sense. With all the hoopla about this brand new in-house power train, it looks like it misses the mark compared to dated 3.0L options from their prime competitors.

Acuras smart move may be to rely on loyalists or people who don’t care about performance/don’t read objective driving reviews?
The following 4 users liked this post by BrianV:
ESHBG (02-09-2022), pilozm (02-10-2022), pyrodan007 (02-15-2022), silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianV
I agree 100%. The massive ball drops makes me wonder if they’re worried it’ll get clobbered by journalists. Given the lackluster performance of the TLX Type-S against German competitors, one could expect the raw performance of this may not be that much better than the regular MDX. Acura may feel if they just stick to marketing it as a sporty SUV and keep it out of comparisons, maybe it’s the better move?

For me, what has me at pause is the abysmal gas mileage for the segment. It’d be one thing if this thing performed like a champ, but I’m expecting lackluster acceleration and the mpg hit is pretty extreme considering a new/modern power train.

17/21 is worse than the new LX600 which has more power, more weight and more size. Heck the larger and faster GLS580 basically gets the same mpg. GLE450, X5 and even X7 probably all out accelerate the MDX Type S and get 5+ mpg better.

I hope I’m wrong, but given how the TLX was waxed by the likes of BMW and Audi on the drag strip and also returned 20% worse mpg, it only makes sense. With all the hoopla about this brand new in-house power train, it looks like it misses the mark compared to dated 3.0L options from their prime competitors.

Acuras smart move may be to rely on loyalists or people who don’t care about performance/don’t read objective drive by reviews?
So according to you, if reviews are delayed, somehow Acura's worries you mention will go away?
The following users liked this post:
ddodd100 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alpha0
So according to you, if reviews are delayed, somehow Acura's worries you mention will go away?
Not entirely but they may be thinking their best move is to “get these on the road” to rely on their good styling. There has been some pent up demand for this vehicle, pre-orders, dealer inquiries, maybe they’re giving the dealers some run way for those shoppers. As crazy as the car market is right now, people will buy anything. Bad reviews though could slow people down.

Just a thought, but I’ve never seen a mass produced car in this segment come to market without any journalist coverage.
pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BrianV

Acuras smart move may be to rely on loyalists or people who don’t care about performance/don’t read objective driving reviews?

I have the same feeling. This is a new model so comparing it an existing X5 ,Audi etc that have had the same tech/drivetrains may help the Type S out but a 355 HP underpowered engine will be left in the dust when the competition has their new lineup. No hybrid option, heavy weight, no spare tire, no touchscreen. I just don't know if the 10k more is justified compared to the regular MDXs. This is where the reviews would come in handy. It just doesn't add up. I guess ill find out next week when I drive it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ANTA:
pilozm (02-10-2022), silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by ANTA
I have the same feeling. This is a new model so comparing it an existing X5 ,Audi etc that have had the same tech/drivetrains may help the Type S out but a 355 HP underpowered engine will be left in the dust when the competition has their new lineup. No hybrid option, heavy weight, no spare tire, no touchscreen. I just don't know if the 10k more is justified compared to the regular MDXs. This is where the reviews would come in handy. It just doesn't add up. I guess ill find out next week when I drive it.
I agree power number should be closer to 400 hp instead of 355hp. But MDX-S is relatively light in its segment, so it should have better lb/hp ratios in its class than TLX-S in its segment.
ddodd100 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 10:05 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alpha0
I agree power number should be closer to 400 hp instead of 355hp. But MDX-S is relatively light in its segment, so it should have better lb/hp ratios in its class than TLX-S in its segment.
I actually think the power number is ok based on competition and size/weight, but the issue is that the German's so severely underrate their powertrains that a domestic or Asian brand really needs an extra 20% of power to compete. You're right, basically they need 400-420 hp to probably level the playing field.

Regardless, the 3.0L offerings from BMW, Benz and Audi all deliver like 5mpg higher than the MDX Type-S as well

That said, I think there's a ton in this package, the third row in the GLE and X5 is both rare and comical, and going X7/GLS prices you out. We love our 2016 Volvo XC90 but it's extended warranty is coming up and despite it being perfectly reliable, we're in the market, but the MPG is killing me on this thing and if the performance isn't other-worldly, it's hard to justify. Might as well get a V8 BMW/Benz if I'm going to get getting <20 combined MPG.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrianV:
ESHBG (02-09-2022), haganjeff (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
I am also lost as to why Acura went backwards with MPGs damn near across the whole lineup, now is not the time to be playing around with such things.
pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe Acura MPG is more realistic then the rest?
Old 02-09-2022, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by ddodd100
If you look on fuelly, owners of the GLE450, X5, and Q7 are all reporting fuel economy numbers in line with the advertised EPA numbers. You see a similar thing with the same engines in their other cars too, so I don't think they're inflating the numbers.
The following 2 users liked this post by fiatlux:
ESHBG (02-09-2022), pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

The EPA tests are standardized across the board, so everyone reports based on the same test conditions. Manufacturers do engineer and design vehicles to try and find the sweet spot of tuning to optimize their EPA fuel economy, so there are cases where some cars get worse MPG outside of the EPA ranges, but again this is a level playing field. 17/21 mpg for a mid-size/modern cross-over with a 3.0L modern powertrain and a 10spd transmission is fairly appalling. Even the non-Germans are fairing way better on much older designs with less gears. Lincoln Aviator has twin-turbos and 400 hp and has much better mpg, particularly highway. The Genesis GV80 has a larger and more powerful twin turbo engine and returns better MPG. For bloody sakes the Grand Cherokee L with a nearly 20 year old pushrod 5.7L V8 gets BETTER highway mpg than the MDX Type-S (granted the MDX does better around town). The more I look up competitive segment mpg numbers, the more I wonder what the heck is going on with Acura. Again, if the engine was outperforming the competition it'd be one thing, but it doesn't appear to be doing that either.

Again, it's speculative, but I do wonder if this is some reason why there hasn't been a big driving based press push.

Last edited by BrianV; 02-09-2022 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrianV:
ESHBG (02-09-2022), silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

In what way? If you are saying by their advertised numbers they definitely aren't, as many people are getting way under the numbers (at least city).
Old 02-09-2022, 07:39 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
The cost is a major factor here and one would think people will buy an similar German vehicle for similar dollars. This is where Acura has always had the advantage, a lot of car for the money. The Type-S no longer has the price advantage.

As a loyal Acura customer, the cost for the Type-S is just too much and out of my price range. The ASPEC is the reasonably priced model form me.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLEXV6:
ESHBG (02-09-2022), pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BLEXV6
The cost is a major factor here and one would think people will buy an similar German vehicle for similar dollars. This is where Acura has always had the advantage, a lot of car for the money. The Type-S no longer has the price advantage.

As a loyal Acura customer, the cost for the Type-S is just too much and out of my price range. The ASPEC is the reasonably priced model form me.
This is the killer for me also. Acura always had the pricing advantage and for the money you got a lot of car. Sure, you had to make a few compromises here and there (it was maddening to me that you needed to choose between sporty or more useful/luxury and couldn't get both with most of the lineup) but the value proposition was there. But not anymore and in this price range there's a lot of competition and better options.
pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:36 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,613 Likes on 971 Posts
Originally Posted by BLEXV6

Agreed! it's expensive, but I have good news for you

It's a free market, you can go buy another car. As you can see there are people that are waiting impatiently for their MDX TYPE S and they don't mind paying that kind of money. No point to complain, I promise you Acura will not reduce the price For value car, go to Genesis. Their pricing is good
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
domshed (02-10-2022), pilozm (02-10-2022), WTF.Acura (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:39 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by ESHBG
This is the killer for me also. Acura always had the pricing advantage and for the money you got a lot of car. Sure, you had to make a few compromises here and there (it was maddening to me that you needed to choose between sporty or more useful/luxury and couldn't get both with most of the lineup) but the value proposition was there. But not anymore and in this price range there's a lot of competition and better options.
That's it. I think you should go to the competitor sooner than later. And perhaps join the competitors' forum as well as there is nothing left for you here Acura is not powerful enough, it's not luxury enough and the prices are high. Why waste time and energy brother As mentioned above, Genesis meets all your requirement.
https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/
https://www.genesisforums.org/
The following 8 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (02-11-2022), domshed (02-10-2022), Edward'TLS (02-10-2022), Jeezy550i (02-10-2022), kareshi (02-19-2022), steve_97060 (02-10-2022), WTF.Acura (02-10-2022), Wylson (02-10-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:17 AM
Intermediate

Honestly, I think it's still a value. To get a 3rd row premium European SUV with air suspension, 20+ speakers, massaging seats, the amount of tech, you easily eclipse $80k. So there is some value there, but as stated earlier, the Acuras of past typically outperformed or matched the performance of the European cars at much lower prices. Now it seems the performance/economy isn't at the same level and the price isn't as significantly lower as it was in the past. That said, for high 60s, low 70s, I think you'd be hard pressed to find as many features as this car. GV80 is really the only one that comes to mind.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:29 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
I wonder if Acura would have been better off using the RLX's 310hp/272tq 3.5L NA with the sport hybrid system for 377hp/341tq? It was only a MSRP of $1500 more for the 3rd Gen MDX hybrid Tech or Adv models compared to an equally optioned 3.5L sh-awd MDX. I don't think the performance numbers for a 3.5L Sport Hybrid MDX would be that much different compared to the MDX Type-S 3.0T; but the mpgs would be always in the 20-24 range minimum for the +4700lbs Type-S MDX Sport Hybrid. Zero towing would be the major downside with the hybrid powertrain (still can add a hitch for bike rack or cargo carrier).

Acura could then add the 3.0T to the MDX down the road for +420hp/420tq for a Type-R MDX.

Last edited by mrgold35; 02-10-2022 at 09:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
ESHBG (02-10-2022), silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 12:21 PM
Backs the Pack

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Follow an auto journalist on twitter and this week he posted two Type S he had available to drive for review— TLX and NSX. Quite comical at this stage.

I’ll need to see if the TLX guys have used a tune or not with this engine.
pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 186 Posts
Not to be a pesimist, but 73k USD for 355chp (under 300whp)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
No thanks... if it was gold plated, it would not be worth that much...

I like MDX, but technology pkg or advanced is plenty of car...
The following 2 users liked this post by rlx015:
ESHBG (02-10-2022), pilozm (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Saw this when I was driving by a S. Florida dealership. Prob a demo but glad to see them trickling in.
The following 3 users liked this post by ANTA:
pilozm (02-10-2022), Tony Pac (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 04:51 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,154 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I wonder if Acura would have been better off using the RLX's 310hp/272tq 3.5L NA with the sport hybrid system for 377hp/341tq? It was only a MSRP of $1500 more for the 3rd Gen MDX hybrid Tech or Adv models compared to an equally optioned 3.5L sh-awd MDX. I don't think the performance numbers for a 3.5L Sport Hybrid MDX would be that much different compared to the MDX Type-S 3.0T; but the mpgs would be always in the 20-24 range minimum for the +4700lbs Type-S MDX Sport Hybrid. Zero towing would be the major downside with the hybrid powertrain (still can add a hitch for bike rack or cargo carrier).

Acura could then add the 3.0T to the MDX down the road for +420hp/420tq for a Type-R MDX.
Acura is done with the sport hybrid system. It is either economy hybrid or pure ICE vehicles.

Acura is currently pouring all its resources in developing a dedicated EV platform, because EV is the future.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:38 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Acura is done with the sport hybrid system. It is either economy hybrid or pure ICE vehicles.

Acura is currently pouring all its resources in developing a dedicated EV platform, because EV is the future.
It is a missed opportunity by Acura with its unique application of Sport first and hybrid second because others are filling the gap with hybrids and plug-ins. I'm going to keep my RLX/MDX sport hybrids for a while because there isn't much else that comes close in topping them hp/tq/mpg/range.
The following 4 users liked this post by mrgold35:
DJ Iceman (02-10-2022), ESHBG (02-10-2022), MarcoTLX (02-17-2022), silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 06:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
That's it. I think you should go to the competitor sooner than later. And perhaps join the competitors' forum as well as there is nothing left for you here Acura is not powerful enough, it's not luxury enough and the prices are high. Why waste time and energy brother As mentioned above, Genesis meets all your requirement.
https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum/
https://www.genesisforums.org/
Nah I will stick around here and continue to watch some of you do backflips and twist yourselves all up trying to find ways to justify all of these blunders from Acura. It's also fun to see how bent out of shape you get when faced with facts. I'm a long-time Acura owner so you can go try to police someone else because you don't like what they have to say. But it's nice to see another Acura owner recommending a different brand because it's a better buy so thank you for this information

I'm looking forward to your review ​​after your purchase of the MDX-S. Oh maybe you're not buying one? Well then, stop posting in these threads and go join another forum.
silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:45 AM
AZ Community Team

Nah I will stick around here and continue to watch some of you do backflips and twist yourselves all up trying to find ways to justify all of these blunders from Acura. It's also fun to see how bent out of shape you get when faced with facts. I'm a long-time Acura owner so you can go try to police someone else because you don't like what they have to say. But it's nice to see another Acura owner recommending a different brand because it's a better buy so thank you for this information

I'm looking forward to your review ​​after your purchase of the MDX-S. Oh maybe you're not buying one? Well then, stop posting in these threads and go join another forum.
All I can say to you Enjoy your time by just watching these beautiful Acura vehicles. I am sure deep down you love to have the Blue TYPE S...but I guess life doesn't permit, right I recommended you another brand to see your love for them, but I guess like many real Genesis fans, you won't pay that kind of money for Hyundai. Keep up the great work! I am happy to see you as you bring some fun here!
WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
All I can say to you Enjoy your time by just watching these beautiful Acura vehicles. I am sure deep down you love to have the Blue TYPE S...but I guess life doesn't permit, right I recommended you another brand to see your love for them, but I guess like many real Genesis fans, you won't pay that kind of money for Hyundai. Keep up the great work! I am happy to see you as you bring some fun here!
As opposed to paying all of this money for a Honda? And yes I think the new lineup is nice looking, I have been saying that since inception and hence my disappointment because taking the TLX as an example it has the same problem as the last generation: no substance to back up the looks. Who refreshes a lineup to make it the same, if not worse, in the guts as the last generation? And again, if the value proposition is there you make the compromises. But for this kind of money it's getting impossible to justify this.

The MDX is a step up from the last generation but the MDX/TLX Type-S are disappointing unfortunately.
The following 2 users liked this post by ESHBG:
silverTL6 (02-18-2022), Tony Pac (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:29 AM
AZ Community Team

As opposed to paying all of this money for a Honda? And yes I think the new lineup is nice looking, I have been saying that since inception and hence my disappointment because taking the TLX as an example it has the same problem as the last generation: no substance to back up the looks. Who refreshes a lineup to make it the same, if not worse, in the guts as the last generation? And again, if the value proposition is there you make the compromises. But for this kind of money it's getting impossible to justify this.

The MDX is a step up from the last generation but the MDX/TLX Type-S are disappointing unfortunately.
Fair point! I have been saying this for years...the market is big and open. We are lucky to have the option to choose whatever we want. Last year, Acura sold 26K TLX and 50K plus MDX. There are buyers, who are willing to pay that kind of money.

I helped my cousin to get a Lexus RX last week. Let me tell you something, he paid $85K CAD for 3 months old RX350 F Sport (Level 3) with 4,000KM on it. It's the top of the top. Will I pay for that car $85K, NO! But he did and I am happy for him. there are people that pay for things that you and I may not pay and vice versa.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tony Pac:
MarcoTLX (02-17-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:36 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts

As you probably know by now...you should follow your own advice. Move on since you don't have anything helpful to contribute here on this forum. Find one that has vehicles you just LOVE!
We don't need you lurking and disparaging Acura's and US for liking them. You honestly...don't belong here. And, IF you continue doing your BS...I'm sure many of us will ask the Moderator
to shut you down. You contribute...NOTHING.....NOTHING for folks that are here to learn more about their Acura's, share about their Acura's, and want help with functions, etc. Comparisons
are fine...as long as it's not the main THEME of every post a person makes...and thus thinks that all other SUV's are better for whatever reason.

The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
Tony Pac (02-11-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
As you probably know by now...you should follow your own advice. Move on since you don't have anything helpful to contribute here on this forum. Find one that has vehicles you just LOVE!
We don't need you lurking and disparaging Acura's and US for liking them. You honestly...don't belong here. And, IF you continue doing your BS...I'm sure many of us will ask the Moderator
to shut you down. You contribute...NOTHING.....NOTHING for folks that are here to learn more about their Acura's, share about their Acura's, and want help with functions, etc. Comparisons
are fine...as long as it's not the main THEME of every post a person makes...and thus thinks that all other SUV's are better for whatever reason.
Yes, please ask a moderator to shut me down because I have an opinion that doesn't line up with yours. And be sure to go after the others who say exactly what I do also.

I hope you one day achieve your goal of a forum where everyone shares the same exact thoughts and opinions and never says anything other than er ma gersh I love Acura and everything they do!
silverTL6 (02-18-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 12:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Reservation Updates

Switching topics here… Anyone that reserved their Type S in November picked theirs up yet?

I’m really annoyed that Alex blue wasn’t an option when I reserved mine and thought I would have to wait longer for it so went with black. Now all I see out there is the Apex blue color.
Old 02-11-2022, 01:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeezy550i
Switching topics here… Anyone that reserved their Type S in November picked theirs up yet?

I’m really annoyed that Alex blue wasn’t an option when I reserved mine and thought I would have to wait longer for it so went with black. Now all I see out there is the Apex blue color.
Nope! My dealer is still showing their demos in transit. They also do not show any other inventory in transit.
Jeezy550i (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Cruisin'

Mine is scheduled for next week according to the dealer. Demo arrived. Can also see on the website my order is in transit.
Jeezy550i (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 05:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeezy550i

I feel your pain. Put $1k down on a Pearl White with Orchid and the dealer says they haven’t been able to order yet which makes no sense to me.
Jeezy550i (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 06:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I just happened to reach out to my dealer this week to see what the markup was on the Type S. They said “zero”… I said what’s the wait list? And they had three incoming available; two base Type S and one Advance Type S. I currently have a ‘22 MDX A-Spec. I asked what they’d give me as a trade. Needless to say, I put down a deposit on a liquid carbon red interior base Type S that should be here at the end of the month/beginning of February. Not all are presold. Go figure.
The following 2 users liked this post by suzysparks:
Jeezy550i (02-11-2022), MarcoTLX (02-17-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by suzysparks
I just happened to reach out to my dealer this week to see what the markup was on the Type S. They said “zero”… I said what’s the wait list? And they had three incoming available; two base Type S and one Advance Type S. I currently have a ‘22 MDX A-Spec. I asked what they’d give me as a trade. Needless to say, I put down a deposit on a liquid carbon red interior base Type S that should be here at the end of the month/beginning of February. Not all are presold. Go figure.
Hard to pre-sell something when most people don't even know this car exists. For everyone whos waiting on reviews for the car...it's probably good for your wallet that there isn't any reviews. Less reviews, less demand, less markups.
MarcoTLX (02-17-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 05:28 AM
Cruisin'

We are happy with the ‘22 A-Spec, but I do want the upgrades that the Type S has. My hubby could care less. He drives our ‘16 MDX and is very happy doing so. I do find it odd that there are no official reviews of the car, but honestly, it wouldn’t change my mind. As for markups, I guess it depends on the dealer and where you are. Some have a $10k markup and some have none; so go figure. We’ve been very happy with Acura over the past 6 plus years. And I’ve driven mostly BMW products the past 20 years, but said adios and haven’t looked back.
The following 4 users liked this post by suzysparks:
ddodd100 (02-12-2022), Gonzo23 (02-16-2022), Jeezy550i (02-12-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Type S finally arrived in the Triangle
Old 02-13-2022, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts
My buddy a 30 year Acura tech says to stay away from the mdx type s. Too much tech and too much going on with everything especially with air suspension. He said if you want to buy an mdx advance is the way to go. I’m liking my 22 Tlx type s too much right now to switch to an suv.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Man that's a lot of money for the MDX Type-S. I could have gotten a GX 460 Luxury for that. It's a completely different type of vehicle, but still...
The following 2 users liked this post by flanker271:
ESHBG (02-13-2022), Midnight Mystery (02-14-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 11:14 PM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
The Lunar Silver with Azurite Blue Leather is definitely interesting...good to see more combos live and in the flesh!

https://www.mcgrathacura.com/auto/ne...e-il/63814031/

Last edited by beach109; 02-13-2022 at 11:16 PM.
The following 10 users liked this post by beach109:
ANTA (02-14-2022), domshed (02-14-2022), JeffS (02-15-2022), KidK (02-27-2022), MarcoTLX (02-17-2022), papachan (02-13-2022), Pens Fan (02-14-2022), pyrodan007 (02-15-2022), TLXinTX (02-25-2022), WTF.Acura (02-27-2022) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-14-2022, 06:10 AM
Cruisin'

I like that interior. I’ve always been a fan of Lunar Silver. Our ‘16 is Lunar Silver. I actually think the Lunar Silver would look better with the base Type S rims. For some reason it just doesn’t seem to “pop” enough. But I do like that interior. Thanks for sharing.

I notice that this family of dealerships seems to have a wide variety of colors on display. Which is good…

Quick Reply: MDX Type S in the Flesh!