Remote start accessory function and hotspot

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 11:17 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start accessory function and hotspot

This is a random Q but when remote start is done via the app/fob are all functions of the vehicle turned on as well or only the engine and climate control? I'm namely asking because I wanted to know if the Hotspot becomes active by remote starting.

I am in the market for a dash cam and didn't know if I could remote start to have it connect to the hotspot for "live" view or cloud uploads to take a peak or if I should just consider a LTE capable cam.

Tia.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tag4
This is a random Q but when remote start is done via the app/fob are all functions of the vehicle turned on as well or only the engine and climate control? I'm namely asking because I wanted to know if the Hotspot becomes active by remote starting.

I am in the market for a dash cam and didn't know if I could remote start to have it connect to the hotspot for "live" view or cloud uploads to take a peak or if I should just consider a LTE capable cam.

Tia.
I don’t think so. I have tech so I use the app. It automatically sets the climate control based on the temp inside the vehicle (the app will tell you what the inside temp is). When I get in the car none of the screens are active so I don’t think anything else is turned on and my CarPlay doesn’t automatically connect before I get in the car either so that’s a good indication nothing else is active. If you have the advance model and start with the fob it might be different though.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

You are using Acuralink for that? I don't see the inside temp on my iphone..only tire pressure..
Old 09-15-2021, 09:40 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Beerhunter2
You are using Acuralink for that? I don't see the inside temp on my iphone..only tire pressure..
Once you start the car via the app it will show the temp down in the lower right hand corner.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:22 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Beerhunter2
Mine shows the TP, Remote Start, Lock /Unlock Doors, Fuel gauge & Mileage range, and Lights, Horn, and Locate vehicle... But not Inside Temp.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:26 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Tag4, Remote start on my Advance does the following : Start the car (obviously), selects the last selected Climate Temp ( 72 , etc ), in colder weather - engages the heated steering wheel, the rear / side view mirrors heating, engages the heated seats, and on Advances, engages the front heated windshield ( I think if the outside temp is lower than 40).
Old 09-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Almatti
Mine shows the TP, Remote Start, Lock /Unlock Doors, Fuel gauge & Mileage range, and Lights, Horn, and Locate vehicle... But not Inside Temp.
i

t shows after you start the car. Lower right corner.
The following users liked this post:
andre12dbsi (09-15-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 04:33 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Originally Posted by tamber877
i

t shows after you start the car. Lower right corner.
THX for the info. Tamber877, I gotta learn how to take phone screen shots and Upload those on various sites... I've never done it. Hey, sometimes it takes a long time to have an old dog do new Tricks.
The following users liked this post:
tamber877 (10-05-2021)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:27 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would spend extra and get the remote start option on the key fob. Going through the app is a pain and every year you have to renew the subscription. $$
Old 01-01-2022, 10:42 AM
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JAGjr
I would spend extra and get the remote start option on the key fob. Going through the app is a pain and every year you have to renew the subscription. $$
This. I didn’t want to pay a subscription for auto start, so I purchased the auto start feature from the dealership. Something to note: the service guys explained to me that Acura vehicles typically come pre-wired for an auto start system, but the 4G MDX does not. A couple hours of service was needed to wire the system. Also because of this I have a total of 4 key fobs. (Two normal fobs and two new auto start fobs)

Old 01-02-2022, 09:18 PM
Resurrected Drummer

Originally Posted by Nybrianc
This. I didn’t want to pay a subscription for auto start, so I purchased the auto start feature from the dealership. Something to note: the service guys explained to me that Acura vehicles typically come pre-wired for an auto start system, but the 4G MDX does not. A couple hours of service was needed to wire the system. Also because of this I have a total of 4 key fobs. (Two normal fobs and two new auto start fobs)
Well that Sux. That's like the old Daze where you would have the Alarm Guy install remote starters on cars of yesteryear!! Actually with these prices, it should be a standard item! My MDX is parked outside, ungaraged, so in my neck of the woods, remote start is a wonderful thing to have. Make sure Acura dealer wires it up so it engaged the heated / cooled, , seats, turns on the rear window defroster and heated steering wheel in Winter, and the in summer, I hit the Unlock button 1x, then again and hold it down to open all the windows and the moonroof, then hit Lock and Remote start to start the car. Of course only when it's nearby my home. That helps cool it down some in the hot summer. One of the reasons I got the Advance !!