Help, please..iPod with 2023 A-Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023 | 01:19 PM
1st Gear

Help, please..iPod with 2023 A-Spec

I tried connecting my ipod with the USB port under the armrest. Message on display says not supported. Is there a trick to using an ipod?
Old 03-29-2023 | 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

I had this happen with an old Gen Ipod in both my 15 CRV and now, 15 RX350. In the end, I gave up and bought a newer Ipod.
Old 04-20-2023 | 05:20 AM
Resurrected Drummer

You must NOT be in Car Play or Android Auto connected!! When you do, it renders for some UnGodly reason, the USB in the console as OFF. How stupid was that !! There is Method to Their Madness! Like Ford just announced that Ford will be deleting AM radios from their 2024 Cars !! Tesla does that already. I'm not sure but FM may be included in the Deletion. Why? Because their is an effort afoot to Make You Stream Music / Radio that you pay for !! Some carmakers (BMW, MB) are charging monthly fees that allows the Carmakers to administer your remote Start and other features!!
Old 04-27-2023 | 07:40 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Almatti
Some carmakers (BMW, MB) are charging monthly fees that allows the Carmakers to administer your remote Start and other features!!
You do realize Acura does the same once your AcuraLink free trial is over, right?

https://www.rizzaacura.com/acura-link/
Old 04-27-2023 | 07:55 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Elin, Yes I know. But I don't use Acura Link to start my MDX. In fact, foolishly, I extended my Acura Link Regi for an annual fee when i really don't use it. I use my Remote Start on my Key Fob. I'm retired and really don't need to remote start my car form a greater distance than my driveway. If I were still working (and Commuting the over 3 hours a day I used to) with my car parked some distance away, i would use Acura link. In fact, this serves to remind me what other features Acura Link actually provides.
Old 04-27-2023 | 08:19 AM
Drifting

Elin, Yes I know. But I don't use Acura Link to start my MDX. In fact, foolishly, I extended my Acura Link Regi for an annual fee when i really don't use it. I use my Remote Start on my Key Fob. I'm retired and really don't need to remote start my car form a greater distance than my driveway. If I were still working (and Commuting the over 3 hours a day I used to) with my car parked some distance away, i would use Acura link. In fact, this serves to remind me what other features Acura Link actually provides.
I guess I was confused why you specifically called out BMW/MB when EVERYONE is guilty of charging these subscription services.
Old 04-27-2023 | 09:16 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Yeah, I guess I overstepped my Bounds .... I believe that some other Luxury Car makers (maybe BMW, MB,etc.) may be or have already invoked monthly fees for other built in car features other than remote start. But far be it from me to provide Disinformation. But it does demonstrate that this is the Road [excuse the pun] we are heading toward.....We will have to subscribe to monthly services for features that are built in for that purpose. I can smell it in the air. Note: Tesla has already eliminated AM radios from their cars for years, and now Ford just announced that for ALL their 2024, there will no longer be AM radios! Shame on them! AM radios is included in the National Emergency Alert System. I haven't figured this out other than it saves a few Bucks or that AM radio waves may interfere with EV batteries via EMF interference.
Old 04-27-2023 | 09:54 AM
Drifting

Yeah, I guess I overstepped my Bounds .... I believe that some other Luxury Car makers (maybe BMW, MB,etc.) may be or have already invoked monthly fees for other built in car features other than remote start. But far be it from me to provide Disinformation. But it does demonstrate that this is the Road [excuse the pun] we are heading toward.....We will have to subscribe to monthly services for features that are built in for that purpose. I can smell it in the air. Note: Tesla has already eliminated AM radios from their cars for years, and now Ford just announced that for ALL their 2024, there will no longer be AM radios! Shame on them! AM radios is included in the National Emergency Alert System. I haven't figured this out other than it saves a few Bucks or that AM radio waves may interfere with EV batteries via EMF interference.
Considering that most popular AM stations have already migrated to FM, I think the entire AM band will eventually be given up for some government/private purpose. The TV analogy is when NTSC airwaves (standard def) were sold to make way for the permanence of ATSC (HDTV and all digital channels).

It's just a changing of the guard and nothing more. No point in keeping the whole AM wavelength band just to satisfy a number of older customers that can't help keep the lights on!
Old 05-16-2023 | 02:13 PM
Cruisin'

easiest way to solve your headache is to just but a new & latest ipod. I have mine plugged in with the USB so that I can leave in the car & it is always charged up.