2022 MDX type S availability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 04:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2022 MDX type S availability?

Am seriously interested in buying a 2022 MDX type-S Advance, preferably near Tucson AZ for export, but for that reason it MUST be delivered at the end of feb at the latest.

Anybody know dealerships that may be interested and able in dealing on this, any idea on price?

Any info appreciated!
Old 01-11-2022, 06:01 AM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck. I am sure at a price and if you are not picky on the color combination you might be able to make it happen. The demo my dealer in Alabama.is getting in has been delayed several times.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
You need to reserve one off an incoming list from a dealer (call them) to get one in that timeframe, and see what combos they have not reserved yet.

MSRP is likely the best you'll get, as many stores will of course be over and already are on regular MDX's. Call around, ask for "what MDX Type-S combinations on your first allocation do you have available" and start there. The pricing/MSRP is already clear online, on Acura.com, aside from installed cost of accessories that you might add.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G3RS
Am seriously interested in buying a 2022 MDX type-S Advance, preferably near Tucson AZ for export, but for that reason it MUST be delivered at the end of feb at the latest.

Anybody know dealerships that may be interested and able in dealing on this, any idea on price?

Any info appreciated!
Might want to reconsider posting that online. Just friendly advice.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:44 AM
Intermediate

This was a last attempt to find a possibility to get a new MDX Type S (I have attempted this for the last 2 months with several dealerships, but no chance), and as it is clear to me now hat I will not be able to get one within the next month, regrettably I have now decided not to go on with the Type S

About a year ago when the MDX Type S was revealed, I decided that I wanted one to replace the 2014 MDX Adv/Ent that I already own for close to 5 years now (was tax-free imported in my country by a returning expat from who I bought it).

A year ago my daughter moved to the US for a 18 months military work contract.
When the contract ends, she can take a car along tax-free to my country when moving back to Europe.

Regulations for being allowed to take one out of the US to my country tax-free state that the car has to be registered in her name for a minimum of 6 months in the US.
Due to the fact that Acura has delayed the car for more than half a year now, and as she will be leaving the US in August, there will simlpy not be enough time left to get one in spec as wanted delivered.
Really too bad.

Privately importing one in Europe later (Acura is not sold in Europe) is financially impossible as all rediculous car-and enviromental taxes that will apply on it here , will double the US price, so not an option.

Last edited by G3RS; 01-12-2022 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
This was a last attempt to find a possibility to get a new MDX Type S (I have attempted this for the last 2 months with several dealerships, but no chance), and as it is clear to me now hat I will not be able to get one within the next month, regrettably I have now decided not to go on with the Type S

About a year ago when the MDX Type S was revealed, I decided that I wanted one to replace the 2014 MDX Adv/Ent that I already own for close to 5 years now (was tax-free imported in my country by a returning expat from who I bought it).

When the contract ends, she can take a car along tax-free to my country when moving back to Europe.

Regulations for being allowed to take one out of the US to my country tax-free state that the car has to be registered in her name for a minimum of 6 months in the US.
Due to the fact that Acura has delayed the car for more than half a year now, and as she will be leaving the US in August, there will simlpy not be enough time left to get one in spec as wanted delivered.
Really too bad.

Privately importing one in Europe later (Acura is not sold in Europe) is financially impossible as all rediculous car-and enviromental taxes that will apply on it here , will double the US price, so not an option.
Acura’s are sold in Kuwait and booking for the MDX Type S are opening now from Jan 1 to Feb 3. I am not familiar with taxes or import cost from Kuwait to Europe but the two are closer geographical compared to Arizona.
View this post on Instagram
Old 01-12-2022, 03:30 AM
Intermediate

Really too bad.

Sounds like not only a straw purchase and something that could get your daughter in a lot of trouble, but one that could get you in trouble as well. Try the legitimate way if you really want one.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:48 AM
Intermediate

https://www.ustranscom.mil/dtr/part-...iv_app_k_3.pdf
Old 01-12-2022, 05:29 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ILM-MDX
Sounds like not only a straw purchase and something that could get your daughter in a lot of trouble, but one that could get you in trouble as well. Try the legitimate way if you really want one.
Nothing illegal about this, no idea where you get this from and don't appreciate the implication made with no knowledge of the government regulations in my country on this.

Lots of temporarily in the US working expats (I think probably almost all) buy a car in the US and take it with them to their EU home country as in the US cars are a lot cheaper and when relocating back, it can be imported tax-free as long as the car was registered in their name for a minimum of 6 months before leaving the US.

Last edited by G3RS; 01-12-2022 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:37 AM
Intermediate

Has nothing to do with my daughter as she isn't a US citizen, isn't in US military service, is foreign defence civilian employee sent overseas to the US for 18 months contract.
But never mind, this topic was about unavailability of the car, not about my daughter or the legalities of taking a car abroad when moving back to country of origin which is totally legal
Old 01-12-2022, 05:51 AM
Intermediate

Really too bad.

Your words, not mine.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:02 AM
Intermediate

"Am seriously interested in buying a 2022 MDX type-S Advance, preferably near Tucson AZ for export, but for that reason it MUST be delivered at the end of feb at the latest."

"This was a last attempt to find a possibility to get a new MDX Type S (I have attempted this for the last 2 months with several dealerships, but no chance), and as it is clear to me now hat I will not be able to get one within the next month, regrettably I have now decided not to go on with the Type S"

"A year ago my daughter moved to the US for a 18 months military work contract.

When the contract ends, she can take a car along tax-free to my country when moving back to Europe."

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the concept and legal threshold of by preponderance of the evidence, but...you WON! This one qualifies for beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 01-12-2022, 06:08 AM
Intermediate

Nothing illegal about this, no idea where you get this from and don't appreciate the implication made with no knowledge of the government regulations in my country on this.

Lots of temporarily in the US working expats (I think probably almost all) buy a car in the US and take it with them to their EU home country as in the US cars are a lot cheaper and when relocating back, it can be imported tax-free as long as the car was registered in their name for a minimum of 6 months before leaving the US.
This isn't the issue. And you're absolutely correct that it's legal. The problem is that you've stated on multiple occasions that the Type S is for you. That's a problem.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:12 AM
Intermediate

"Am seriously interested in buying a 2022 MDX type-S Advance, preferably near Tucson AZ for export, but for that reason it MUST be delivered at the end of feb at the latest."

"This was a last attempt to find a possibility to get a new MDX Type S (I have attempted this for the last 2 months with several dealerships, but no chance), and as it is clear to me now hat I will not be able to get one within the next month, regrettably I have now decided not to go on with the Type S"

"A year ago my daughter moved to the US for a 18 months military work contract.

When the contract ends, she can take a car along tax-free to my country when moving back to Europe."

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the concept and legal threshold of by preponderance of the evidence, but...you WON! This one qualifies for beyond a reasonable doubt.
You put up a link regarding US personnel which doesn't apply here
Too bad people feel the need to state opinions on something that wasn't asked for, I wasn't aware that I needed to in detail explain the working contract of my daughter who ISN'T in US employment, but sent abroad on contract by our own government.
Her working position in the US was just to explain why the car needed to be bought asap, nothing else.

ADMINISTRATOR, please fee free to remove this topic as it has no relevance anymore and pollutes this forum..
The following users liked this post:
ILM-MDX (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 06:19 AM
Intermediate

This isn't the issue. And you're absolutely correct that it's legal. The problem is that you've stated on multiple occasions that the Type S is for you. That's a problem.
So?
It is completely ligitimate to ask my daughter to buy a car of my choice, take it back home and after the legal term sell it to me.
Many expats buy a car during their working contract in the US, take it back to their home country for the sole purpose of selling it in time and thus making a nice profit at the side, completely legal
Old 01-12-2022, 06:26 AM
Intermediate

So?
It is completely ligitimate to ask my daughter to buy a car of my choice, take it back home and after the legal term sell it to me.
Many expats buy a car during their working contract in the US, take it back to their home country for the sole purpose of selling it in time and thus making a nice profit at the side, completely legal
No. By virtue of asking her to do so with with your asserted intent to transfer it to you upon expiration of an arbitrary date, there is conspiracy to defraud not only of the US government, but your government as well. You are intentionally subverting import and export taxes.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

No. By virtue of asking her to do so with with your asserted intent to transfer it to you upon expiration of an arbitrary date, there is conspiracy to defraud not only of the US government, but your government as well. You are intentionally subverting import and export taxes.
Quite a rediculous, incorrect and slanderous statement.

As car would have been bought at US dealer with regular local taxes paid and later export being free of US taxes, US government has nothing to do with it, that applies to all exported cars, there are NO export taxes applicable when exporting a privatly owned car.
I have already done it several times with cars that I myself bought in the US for export for personal use, still have 2, a NSX and a CLK550 convertible, so don't state nonsense.
In my country everything is completely within legal boundaries as to what my country's regulations are concerned.
Stating your personal opinion as fact clearly without having any knowledge on the topic of exporting from the US and importing in my country by an expat returning home, is quite useless, completely faulty and slanderous.

Last edited by G3RS; 01-12-2022 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

Then fly over here and buy one yourself and ship it back home. They're your words, not mine.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

Then fly over here and buy one yourself and ship it back home. They're your words, not mine.
No, not my words, reading and understanding are clearly not your strong point as the resaon for all this, avoiding huge import taxes by using my home gouvernment established fully legal expat regulations is obviously difficult to grasp for you.
So nice that you would be willing to pay in the range of 90K in taxes that can legally be avoided, you must be a real happy tax paying gouvernment budget supporting guy
Going completely besides the point of this topic: anyone know where to get a Type-S within a month from now, but focussing on the explanation for that (as I wanted to prevent comments like: just wait for it) and you reacting on this explanation by making wrong and false aquisations without knowing the legallities on this is weird.
Made obvous by the statement:
your asserted intent to transfer it to you upon expiration of an arbitrary date, there is conspiracy to defraud not only of the US government, but your government as well. You are intentionally subverting import and export taxes.
Which is incorrect and shows your complete lack of knowledge on this

Perhaps a admin can now delete or at least lock this

Last edited by G3RS; 01-12-2022 at 12:17 PM.