2022 MDX price

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 12:17 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostrider10-32
That is what I gathered from my dealer. I want a white Type s. They took a deposit and said they'd contact me when they get one in. Supposedly the first white one is mine.

That said, I don't know if they even know what colors the Type S will come in yet.

I was expecting to pick out all my options and stuff like I do when I order my other vehicles... And have it come from the factory exactly as I want it.... But I guess Acura doesn't work like that.
That never has been the case with my dealer. I tell my New Car Mgr/Inv. Mgr.....what I want, he orders it, and shows it sold on the books and he tracks it. Just like my '22. It was built 2/24 and today I
have the VIN #. He always gets them a day after build. Expected delivery is 3/12 to 3/15. And, that would have been the same IF I had wanted a Type S. Now, a huge part of that, on a "limited" version
is due to the many Acura's I've purchased from this same Mgr and now a friend. He takes excellent care of me. All my Acc. have been pulled and placed in a holding bin till my MDX arrives.
My '22 is on a list of 16 that are built and destined for my dealership. My MDX is "flagged" as SOLD. They make my buying experience always an easy one, and it's fun. I enjoy their beautiful remodeled
dealership and all the folks working there. I know the GM and all the key personnel. They often take us out to lunch...but, this time...I'll pass due to COVID.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:25 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by ELIN
Every dealer is different. If you have a good relationship, you might get below MSRP. If not, they’ll mark-up the car $1000 over MSRP, which will nullify your $1000 loyalty rebate, back to MSRP.

Work with your dealer. This will be a hot item.
I am getting the Loyalty Award....and, I bought for well off the MSRP. You won't believe me...and that's fine....I've only done this 8 times in about 11 yrs at my dealer. I always get the best pricing.
And NO the price wasn't marked up first! They don't sell over MSRP ever. True! Ownership set that std long ago.

As I've said many times, there are MANY variables to what one ends up paying for a vehicle. But, for me, it's been the long relationship with one solid dealer....and I just pick up the phone, and tell
my Mgr. what I want, we make the deal on the phone in 2 to 3 minutes and we're done. Took just a little longer on my trade....but, not a big deal. Got what I wanted...not what was orig. offered.
That took maybe 5 min. LOL! Told my Mgr. don't retire before I'm done buying Acuras!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
That never has been the case with my dealer. I tell my New Car Mgr/Inv. Mgr.....what I want, he orders it, and shows it sold on the books and he tracks it. Just like my '22. It was built 2/24 and today I
have the VIN #. He always gets them a day after build. Expected delivery is 3/12 to 3/15. And, that would have been the same IF I had wanted a Type S. Now, a huge part of that, on a "limited" version
is due to the many Acura's I've purchased from this same Mgr and now a friend. He takes excellent care of me. All my Acc. have been pulled and placed in a holding bin till my MDX arrives.
My '22 is on a list of 16 that are built and destined for my dealership. My MDX is "flagged" as SOLD. They make my buying experience always an easy one, and it's fun. I enjoy their beautiful remodeled
dealership and all the folks working there. I know the GM and all the key personnel. They often take us out to lunch...but, this time...I'll pass due to COVID.
Yeah, way more time than I have to spare on a car purchase...
The following users liked this post:
Gen4MDX (03-30-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 11:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by alexdv1
yep for sure, probably with some decent up-lift on msrp...

Anyone know if dealers are still adding 5-7k?
There are a couple of dealers in Socal that seem to have quite a few of them just not sure how quickly they're moving them.
The dealers near me here in San Jose both said they are NOT doing the bullshit markups. They are, however, selling at MSRP since demand far exceeds supply at the moment.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
yep for sure, probably with some decent up-lift on msrp...

Anyone know if dealers are still adding 5-7k?
There are a couple of dealers in Socal that seem to have quite a few of them just not sure how quickly they're moving them.
Got an email from the sales consultant I'm working with saying "your car" is coming in Monday or Tuesday. We have not discussed pricing yet. Will find out very soon about sale price vs. MSRP.

Side note -- I visited a different dealership closer to me yesterday to look at the new MDX in person. They didn't have an Advance, but the Technology trim still gave me a good idea. Absolutely stunning car, inside and out.
The following 2 users liked this post by birdonamission:
Gen4MDX (02-27-2021), papachan (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 08:50 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,152 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Did you special order it or just claim one that was coming anyway?

I want to special order a type-s but since I am coming to them will want them to do it at MSRP or less. I always thought you do the deal upfront and then they place the order, vs the other way around - which can lead to more unscrupulous practices such as shopping your special order to others...
Acura does not build to order but you can special order off the Acura build schedule, I did this on my 3G TL (NBP, Camel, 6MT, non-Nav, non-summer tires), the dealer just looked up the TL build schedule which listed what and when the various configurations for each model were being built. It took ~4 weeks to get that configuration which the dealership claimed or bought. That is how Acura dealers get their allotments, they select their model configurations online. I did my pricing upfront with a few dealers (I knew that model was not in my area) then once I finished that I pre-ordered that configuration. I know some others who've done the same with other Acura dealerships.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
Acura does not build to order but you can special order off the Acura build schedule, I did this on my 3G TL (NBP, Camel, 6MT, non-Nav, non-summer tires), the dealer just looked up the TL build schedule which listed what and when the various configurations for each model were being built. It took ~4 weeks to get that configuration which the dealership claimed or bought. That is how Acura dealers get their allotments, they select their model configurations online. I did my pricing upfront with a few dealers (I knew that model was not in my area) then once I finished that I pre-ordered that configuration. I know some others who've done the same with other Acura dealerships.
I think those who are new to Acura don't realize they don't a la carte their vehicles. You don't start with a blank slate and then pick and chose what you want. They have standard package configurations you pick from, which include various options. Some you may or may like or even want. The available add-ons are usually limited to accessories. If you want something specific which they do build. your local dealership has to find a dancing partner so to say. The vehicles are allotted to the dealerships. So if something you want is not allotted to your dealer, your dealer will have to do an allotment swap with another dealer who has your specific vehicle heading to them. I did that when I bought my 2018 MDX SH new. It took way longer than normal. The dealer claimed the process took a while. One to find the vehicle I wanted, and then to do the paperwork to get it routed to them. I eventually ended up with the external/internal color combo I wanted after a long process.
ELIN (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 02:48 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,152 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by moose66
I think those who are new to Acura don't realize they don't a la carte their vehicles. You don't start with a blank slate and then pick and chose what you want. They have standard package configurations you pick from, which include various options. Some you may or may like or even want. The available add-ons are usually limited to accessories. If you want something specific which they do build. your local dealership has to find a dancing partner so to say. The vehicles are allotted to the dealerships. So if something you want is not allotted to your dealer, your dealer will have to do an allotment swap with another dealer who has your specific vehicle heading to them. I did that when I bought my 2018 MDX SH new. It took way longer than normal. The dealer claimed the process took a while. One to find the vehicle I wanted, and then to do the paperwork to get it routed to them. I eventually ended up with the external/internal color combo I wanted after a long process.
Agree that Acura configuration with trim packages and limited options to those groups it's not a line item option per say like most of domestic and many foreign auto makers.

On the bold statement, AFAIK there is not specific allotment to dealerships unless there is a high demand (I remember dealerships only getting so many 1G MDX due to production limitations the first year or so) or special/limited edition. The dealership order off a model/configuration build schedule and I'm guessing that Acura makes adjustments to the configurations as the more popular config's get more production as it's in their mutual interest to produce and sell as many as possible.

When my TL was ordered (Jan. 2005), I vaguely remember looking over shoulder of my salesman of the Ohio TL build schedule (on a 132 column computer printout) with the configuration nomenclature codes. Found the configuration and the dealer ordered one of that configuration that was available which was to be built in a few weeks. It was just the dealership Ellicott City Acura and Acura of America. I suppose nowadays a simple database search could find it quicker.

If another dealer had that configuration on their lot then yeah a swap could be made if both dealerships agree to terms.

Last edited by Legend2TL; 03-02-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
I purchased my wife's 2018 CR-V EX-L through the Costco Auto Program a few years ago.
The process was quick and painless.

Is anybody considering it (or have) for their MDX?
I have heard that some have been able to do better than Costco...

I'm interested in the Advance Package.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Drifting

Received 1,245 Likes on 903 Posts
Originally Posted by papachan
I purchased my wife's 2018 CR-V EX-L through the Costco Auto Program a few years ago.
The process was quick and painless.

Is anybody considering it (or have) for their MDX?
I have heard that some have been able to do better than Costco...

I'm interested in the Advance Package.
I find that the non-limited run specials at Costco tend to be no better than getting a TrueCar price.

Speaking of Costco, limited-time incentives for March 2 to end of April are for Audi (at least in my region, not sure if it's national).
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
lindros2 (03-06-2021), papachan (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 07:52 PM
BGR
Instructor

Received 248 Likes on 95 Posts
That is what I gathered from my dealer. I want a white Type s. They took a deposit and said they'd contact me when they get one in. Supposedly the first white one is mine.

That said, I don't know if they even know what colors the Type S will come in yet.

I was expecting to pick out all my options and stuff like I do when I order my other vehicles... And have it come from the factory exactly as I want it.... But I guess Acura doesn't work like that.
I am also waiting on the Type S. Did they give any indication of timing or price range? I was thinking its be around $68K or so. I’d like to buy towards November or December.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:17 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find that the non-limited run specials at Costco tend to be no better than getting a TrueCar price.

Speaking of Costco, limited-time incentives for March 2 to end of April are for Audi (at least in my region, not sure if it's national).
Has anyone tried buying through Costco, do you really get a deal?
Old 03-02-2021, 09:23 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by moose66
Once my dealer was ready to place an order, I told him the one I wanted...model, colors, and he would make sure he ordered one like that. It would be marked SOLD and it was mine to
take when arrived OR not...they always know they can sell it. My Adv is on the way...I have the VIN and approx due date...which is about 2 wks now. It's my 8th Acura from them so, I have
no problem asking and getting the one I want...ordered for me.

And, yes, most dealers will try and dealer trade to get the color and model you want....but, not always possible, IF a certain dealer doesn't want to let go of a certain model and color.
I've had that happen. But, once inventories get up there, then it gets easier....esp. if you live in an area that you have a few dealers within 100 miles or so.

Yes, it's kinda a pain...that no separate optional items are not orderable. You get a Base, Tech, A-Spec, or Adv. It comes with what it comes with. Add your accessories and down the road you go.
Try ordering a Corvette!! I did....and it took a couple days to go over ALL the line items to order....and then double check your choices, make changes, etc, and that was crazy. WAY too many
"things" to order and try and match up looks, colors, materials, etc.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:30 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Well, seems you do have time to devote to your purchase...IF you needed to. LOL!! Under 10 min. for my buy/trade deal....yeah, that's a LOT of time huh?? LOL!!
Mine will be here in 2 wks. I have the VIN. It's marked SOLD. Easy as can be. Good luck. Have fun.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

I've always preferred the Honda/Acura way of packages in that they have set configurations and it is what it is. Since I always want everything, it's easy to simply pick the highest trim.
Gen4MDX (03-30-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Well, seems you do have time to devote to your purchase...IF you needed to. LOL!! Under 10 min. for my buy/trade deal....yeah, that's a LOT of time huh?? LOL!!
Mine will be here in 2 wks. I have the VIN. It's marked SOLD. Easy as can be. Good luck. Have fun.
You seem more interested in boasting than understanding.

You have made sure everyone in the forums knows how much time you spend with your dealer, how he takes you out to lunch. how the GM is a friend. How you hang out in the dealership and enjoy the beautiful showroom. How many cars you buy from them.

You have taken the time to build a relationship with your dealer. Fine. Then now you claim "10 minutes" to get your special treatment from the dealer. Come on guy. Follow your own logic. Or just try to chalk up an internet-win on a forum. I don't care.

I don't have time to go to lunch with the car dealer. I don't have time to go sit in the showroom and hob-nob. Does that mean I won't get the kind of service you do. Probably.

It might mean I pay a few thousand more and have to wait a few weeks more for what I want. And that's fine. I can well afford it. The sales tax on the yacht I bought last year is more than the base price of an MDX. Time is money. You have time to make friends at the dealership Great. I don't. That was my point in replying to your last comment.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ghostrider10-32:
ELIN (03-03-2021), Integra2Pilot (03-10-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 12:53 PM
Drifting

I don't think he'll stop until he gets some "converts." LOL!
Ghostrider10-32 (03-03-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 06:54 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

You seem more interested in boasting than understanding.

You have made sure everyone in the forums knows how much time you spend with your dealer, how he takes you out to lunch. how the GM is a friend. How you hang out in the dealership and enjoy the beautiful showroom. How many cars you buy from them.

You have taken the time to build a relationship with your dealer. Fine. Then now you claim "10 minutes" to get your special treatment from the dealer. Come on guy. Follow your own logic. Or just try to chalk up an internet-win on a forum. I don't care.

I don't have time to go to lunch with the car dealer. I don't have time to go sit in the showroom and hob-nob. Does that mean I won't get the kind of service you do. Probably.

It might mean I pay a few thousand more and have to wait a few weeks more for what I want. And that's fine. I can well afford it. The sales tax on the yacht I bought last year is more than the base price of an MDX. Time is money. You have time to make friends at the dealership Great. I don't. That was my point in replying to your last comment.
What a braggart. Yacht...smacht...who gives a F_ _ _!
If you understood better than obviously you don't.....MY 10 minutes was to complete a buy/trade. You only read and understand what you THINK you want to. NOT the real truth of the whole situation. Time at anything you like is fun.
But, I don't have to establish my relationship each time...IDIOT....It has been est. then. you make a simple phone call. And it's done. Take your stupid row boat and shove it where the sun don't shine. FYI...I'm far from being a poor man, but,
I don't act like a jerk...who thinks their money is the most important thing. Not for me. I just like to spend it wisely.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,428 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Pot calling the kettle black. What a tool.
Old 03-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
What was this thread about?
Integra2Pilot (03-10-2021)
Old 03-03-2021, 11:17 PM
Intermediate

I just speak what is the truth of my established buying over many yrs. Since I am older than most here, I do have a ton of experience buying and trading. I share for those
who want to learn a little something. And, as always on forums, there are idiots. I don't need "converts"....just be nice to have some respectful people who appreciate others
that are wise, have been around, and know the car game pretty well.

If you are on here, as some others...who want to brag about their 24 ft. "yachts/row boats"....then you all are not on here for the right reasons. You hide behind your qwerty keys,
or home comp. keyboards and act like asses 'cause you think you're special and can say anything you want...and disrespect folks who...in my opinion deserve respect. I served
my country for 20 yrs...and yes, in Vietnam and SE Asia as well as many other parts of the world. I am proud to have served, while most of you were still in grade school or yet,
to be born some day.

You are nothing but jerks..you know it, and get off on it. I'll respond at times when I need to....you don't bother me at all. I just won't let you disrespect me or others. But, you get away
with it....until you get your BS called out. You gather a few other idiots who know nothing else but....to be idiots to "friend you"....and you are just as happy as pig in shit. You all need to
get a life. You know...contribute something useful...IF you have the smarts and decency to know HOW to contribute. I may be older....but, I'm blessed with the smarts and physical attributes,
that still allows me to be much younger than my Dr. Lic. says. I've faced FAR MORE BS situations than what you or your friends could ever come up with. Try being a decent human being....
IF that is even possible.
And, it's obvious....you are on here to grab as many "converts" as you can to your BS, and hateful ways of treating people. You are making your Momma proud.
My Mom is gone, but, she was proud of me...and she raised me to be a decent and good person. And yours????
OK Boomer.

You're really getting yourself worked up.

The last word is yours...
Old 03-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Drifting

Some folks have already touched on it but I'm quite surprised that Acura made the decision to only allow the Advance model to have the full ambient light system (A-Spec and Tech only get the side door lights). If I saw the promo pics and assumed the lower trims looked like the Advance, I would be very pissed! I think this was a bad move to upsell to the Advance trim. I only caught this in Maran's video review and a frustrated owner posting.

At least the TLX A-Spec and Advance (and presumably the Tech with fewer color choices) have the same number of ambient lights.
ToniRDX19 (03-16-2021)
Old 03-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Some folks have already touched on it but I'm quite surprised that Acura made the decision to only allow the Advance model to have the full ambient light system (A-Spec and Tech only get the side door lights). If I saw the promo pics and assumed the lower trims looked like the Advance, I would be very pissed! I think this was a bad move to upsell to the Advance trim. I only caught this in Maran's video review and a frustrated owner posting.

At least the TLX A-Spec and Advance (and presumably the Tech with fewer color choices) have the same number of ambient lights.
I agree. But in the big picture, I don't really care about ambient lights.

On a serious, I'm just checking this forum for the first post of someone actually getting a deal. I refuse to pay MSRP so I'm waiting as long as it takes. I told the internet sales manager to call me as soon as they are willing to budge from MSRP. Sigh.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by schen72
I agree. But in the big picture, I don't really care about ambient lights.

On a serious, I'm just checking this forum for the first post of someone actually getting a deal. I refuse to pay MSRP so I'm waiting as long as it takes. I told the internet sales manager to call me as soon as they are willing to budge from MSRP. Sigh.
I thought you were able to wait months. You may want that in the end to avoid the first couple of batches. There have been complaints about gaps b/w hood and car, etc.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

I thought you were able to wait months. You may want that in the end to avoid the first couple of batches. There have been complaints about gaps b/w hood and car, etc.
I have a feeling I'll no choice but to wait several months anyway - due to high demand. But yes, it might be a silver lining if they fix some production issues.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Nish84
Has anyone tried buying through Costco, do you really get a deal?
no.
I actually walked away from the Costco deal because they wouldn’t go to bat vs a dealer throwing on a bunch of nonsense crap ware.
costco uses an outfit out of San Diego who is mostly useless.
the limited deals are best.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
It depends what kind of add on dealer is providing, mine was mud flaps, aspec rubber mats, aspec carpet mats, wheel locks, two oil serivces all built in $995 dealer advantage and the sales guy told me it was on all their acura cars. I knew this car was in high demand all i gave them was 5% of MSRP $58625 (incl destination incl apex paint) which was still a lot generous of me but told em i don't care bout their advantage pk, and i was ready to walk away, being the last week in feb. under $56000 i closed the deal including the ware they had on the car. But when i looked up those accessories on Acura site they are not cheap either, splash guards $150, wheel locks $86 etc.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
People, nobody cares if you call the dealership GM from your yacht or he invites you to bingo; bottom line, we're all trying to get a deal that works for us. Here in SoCal I've seen it all: people living in apartments driving S-class MBs or people living in mansions driving 10-year-old Civics. It's whatever works for you and your family. Let's be honest, we're shopping Acura...not Porsche, etc.

Some folks have already touched on it but I'm quite surprised that Acura made the decision to only allow the Advance model to have the full ambient light system (A-Spec and Tech only get the side door lights).
And yes, in addition to the ambient light system, WTF that the Tech does not have fog lights. Fog. Lights.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Type34
People, nobody cares if you call the dealership GM from your yacht or he invites you to bingo; bottom line, we're all trying to get a deal that works for us. Here in SoCal I've seen it all: people living in apartments driving S-class MBs or people living in mansions driving 10-year-old Civics. It's whatever works for you and your family. Let's be honest, we're shopping Acura...not Porsche, etc.

And yes, in addition to the ambient light system, WTF that the Tech does not have fog lights. Fog. Lights.
I'm surprised Acura even bothers with fog lights. Most of the European makes don't even have them now. In the loaner RDX from the dealer, the fog lights are 100% useless. I literally could not tell the difference with them vs. off. In my opinion they are purely there for cosmetics.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
For those interested in leasing. My 2018 MDX was declared as a total loss by my insurance, so I leased a 2022 MDX SH-AWD for $505 a month. Not sure that a good deal or not.
Gen4MDX (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
What trim level? Any money down and how many miles per year?
Old 03-10-2021, 12:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Gen4MDX
What trim level? Any money down and how many miles per year?
I test drove a tech SHAWD, but I ended leasing a base SHAWD lol. Not going to use all the techs in the tech package, so I did not want to spend that much money. I put $5k down plus $1k rebate from Acura. They want $650 for the tech package. It is 12k mile a year. I need a car ASAP, so I took the offer. There were some offers on Acura website for leasing from $460 to $480 a month, but none of the dealers know about those offers.

Last edited by 3.5RLv-tec?; 03-10-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 04:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm surprised Acura even bothers with fog lights. Most of the European makes don't even have them now. In the loaner RDX from the dealer, the fog lights are 100% useless. I literally could not tell the difference with them vs. off. In my opinion they are purely there for cosmetics.
IMO every SUV or truck should have them for lower visibility. With young, active kids and a dog, seeing around the front of the vehicle at dusk/evening is paramount. Our whole street is full of young kids. I love my Gladiator's fog lights and really miss them on our 2018 MDX Tech (same thing: Tech with no fogs).
Old 03-13-2021, 10:20 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Many of you who are anxious to buy right now should chill a little. Just checked a couple of dealers' website within a 10-mile radius from me shows between 20-30 new MDXs on their lots. A little more patience by April or May will definitely save you between $2k-$3k at the end of the month.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:47 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AlexH
Many of you who are anxious to buy right now should chill a little. Just checked a couple of dealers' website within a 10-mile radius from me shows between 20-30 new MDXs on their lots. A little more patience by April or May will definitely save you between $2k-$3k at the end of the month.
20-30 2020 models, right? No one in my area has any '22s.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AlexH
If you are saying 2-3k on a 2022, sorry to break it to you, but not likely at all. MSRP for the most part, got ours yesterday and they are selling as soon as they arrive with many people having deposits down on incoming.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

If you are saying 2-3k on a 2022, sorry to break it to you, but not likely at all. MSRP for the most part, got ours yesterday and they are selling as soon as they arrive with many people having deposits down on incoming.
I'm waiting for invoice pricing. I've never paid more than invoice for a car in my life. I know I may be waiting for 6-12 months.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm waiting for invoice pricing. I've never paid more than invoice for a car in my life. I know I may be waiting for 6-12 months.
Invoice pricing is available if you want to see what it is. I guess it depends on your area, our dealers around here are not moving off of MSRP and some of them have a 2-3k “market adjustment up charge”, yes ridiculous I know, but they have many more buyers then MDX’s available, yes supply will eventually catch up with demand but I highly doubt you will be buying this vehicle at invoice for a long time, maybe at mid model refresh, this is not the dog the 3rd Gen was. They have a hot vehicle and a winner, regardless of what the haters and genesis lovers say!

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 03-13-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (03-21-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 12:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Invoice pricing is available if you want to see what it is. I guess it depends on your area, our dealers around here are not moving off of MSRP and some of them have a 2-3k “market adjustment up charge”, yes ridiculous I know, but they have many more buyers then MDX’s available, yes supply will eventually catch up with demand but I highly doubt you will be buying this vehicle at invoice for a long time, maybe at mid model refresh, this is not the dog the 3rd Gen was. They have a hot vehicle and a winner, regardless of what the haters and genesis lovers say!
I'm pretty sure invoice pricing will be available in 6-12 months. I mean, this isn't some sort of halo car that has a limited production run. It's still generally a mass market car. The two dealers I've been to in the SF bay area said they aren't doing those bs up charges, however they know they can command MSRP for the time being. It's like this for all newly anticipated cars. Some people are impatient and want to the first on the block.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm pretty sure invoice pricing will be available in 6-12 months. I mean, this isn't some sort of halo car that has a limited production run. It's still generally a mass market car. The two dealers I've been to in the SF bay area said they aren't doing those bs up charges, however they know they can command MSRP for the time being. It's like this for all newly anticipated cars. Some people are impatient and want to the first on the block.
Understood, but it is the Flagship and in high demand, similar to the TL that also had a Type S version (I don’t know the gen, but not the last Gen TL, the gen before it) If it was at the end of a model run, yes by all means, invoice or other much less popular cars. Even though the Lexus RX is at the end of its run, go and try to buy one at invoice, it won’t happen and I still believe you will not be able to buy a new gen MDX at invoice at 6, 12 or even longer. Let’s revisit at 6 and 12 months and see who is right!

Quick Reply: 2022 MDX price