wheel repair shop in houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 11:33 AM
clc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel repair shop in houston, TX

Sup ya'll,

I accidentally scratched the edge of one of my rims on a curb and want to get it smoothed out. Does anyone know of any good AND cheap repair shops in Houston? I went to this place called SABS near 59 and Bissonet and they gave me a quote of $99!!!

I noticed some guy's post saying there is a $50 wheel repair shop for minor probs in NEW YORK, so now I know for sure those fools were trying to rip me off....

Anyway, all suggestions are appreciated and I thank you in advance.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Pro

theres one on fondren down the street from the club call Masion. The think the shop name is IMC wheel repair. But i forgot thier number. they did a damn good job when my friend's rims. I'm planning on taking mind there also after i find some stock rims to ride on.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:26 PM
clc
Instructor

Do you know about how much they charge for "general" repair?
Old 05-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Pro

well i got about a 4in. scrape on my rim and her gave me a qoute for 70 bucks. and my rim is 3 piece. Cause he would he have to take it apart.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by clc
clc,

I doubt this will help you since it's been a couple of months, but I wanted to post this for future readers.

Last week I put a small (about 2") scrape on the edge of my front pasenger side wheel. I checked around and found the following:

Wheels America : http://fixrim.com/loc.htm - will fix any wheel for a flat $129. This was too high for my tastes given how small the scratch was, so I kept looking.

IMC auto repair - also known as Wheel Crafters : http://www.wheelcrafters.com - wanted $112 to fix the scratch and would keep the car for a day.

I finally found Auto Masters of Houston. They are a mobile repair, so they came to my office and it was done in 15 minutes and only cost me $50. They polish out the damage with a sander and then repaint and clear coat with an air brush.

-phil
Old 07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by PhilB
clc,

I doubt this will help you since it's been a couple of months, but I wanted to post this for future readers.

Last week I put a small (about 2") scrape on the edge of my front pasenger side wheel. I checked around and found the following:

Wheels America : http://fixrim.com/loc.htm - will fix any wheel for a flat $129. This was too high for my tastes given how small the scratch was, so I kept looking.

IMC auto repair - also known as Wheel Crafters : http://www.wheelcrafters.com - wanted $112 to fix the scratch and would keep the car for a day.

I finally found Auto Masters of Houston. They are a mobile repair, so they came to my office and it was done in 15 minutes and only cost me $50. They polish out the damage with a sander and then repaint and clear coat with an air brush.

-phil
thats an awesome price! but is there like a limit of how big the scratch can be or its any length and any circumstance?

wheels of america pretty much repairs it no matter how much its damaged!

thanks for the info phil!

will probably need them in the future!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:07 PM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
thats an awesome price! but is there like a limit of how big the scratch can be or its any length and any circumstance?
I think they can fix any sort of scratch. I'm not sure how much the depth matters. He gave me a bit of a price break since the scratch was small, he usually charges $60 - $65 per wheel. This is the same guy that Sterling_McCall Acura uses but they wanted to charge $150 (they needed to be paid for their value "add").

-phil
Old 07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
05 WDP TL

Originally Posted by PhilB
I think they can fix any sort of scratch. I'm not sure how much the depth matters. He gave me a bit of a price break since the scratch was small, he usually charges $60 - $65 per wheel. This is the same guy that Sterling_McCall Acura uses but they wanted to charge $150 (they needed to be paid for their value "add").

-phil

not bad man....how did you find this guy??

yeh...dealers are ALWAYS OVERPRICED!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
meat

rims

hey , i went the same route, but for the $$ - acura sold me a new "take off" rim for 120$$, worked for me
Old 07-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clc
Sup ya'll,

I accidentally scratched the edge of one of my rims on a curb and want to get it smoothed out. Does anyone know of any good AND cheap repair shops in Houston? I went to this place called SABS near 59 and Bissonet and they gave me a quote of $99!!!

I noticed some guy's post saying there is a $50 wheel repair shop for minor probs in NEW YORK, so now I know for sure those fools were trying to rip me off....

Here are some do it yourself tips, you can do it for under $40 and the material if you incase scratch in the future.

http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/w...uff-repair.htm
Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

Originally Posted by madehtsobi
not bad man....how did you find this guy??

yeh...dealers are ALWAYS OVERPRICED!!!
Got his name from the service dept at John Eagle acura.

-phil
Old 08-01-2005, 09:15 AM
'05 DGP/Parch 5AT Navi

BTW, Here's the contact info for Auto Masters of Houston - (713)705-0069 - was the first guy I spoke to, one of his employees, Mike, does the SW side of town. Mike's number is (713)705-6489.

-phil