A-Spec Suspension price

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004 | 12:56 PM
Advanced

A-Spec Suspension price

Hey guys,

I've just been quoted a price of $650 + $45 tax for a total of $695 for the suspension package by itself.

Is this a good quote or should I just move on?

Also, if I install the suspension package but keep the stock wheels, is there any concern about the new suspension being a bit lower than the stock and whell clearance and all?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!
Old 08-12-2004 | 01:01 PM
Powered by Guinness

Originally Posted by Ed-Head
Hey guys,

I've just been quoted a price of $650 + $45 tax for a total of $695 for the suspension package by itself.

Also, if I install the suspension package but keep the stock wheels, is there any concern about the new suspension being a bit lower than the stock and whell clearance and all?

That's a pretty good price (cheaper than I paid ). No problems with the wheels - it will be fine.
Old 08-12-2004 | 01:04 PM
Shift_faster

Hey guys,

$650 isn't bad. People have gotten them for $600 from eBay and $700 from Sunnyside Acura (acuraparts247.com). Not bad at all.

Just to chime in with Aegir, no probs with keeping the 17" wheels.
Old 08-12-2004 | 01:12 PM
Instructor

Good price, get it. Installing mine this weekend.
Old 08-12-2004 | 02:40 PM
Racer

Ed-Head, Good price. I have been looking at adding the A Spec suspension to my 6MT and keeping the stock wheels. (See neuronbob's review - think he also kept the stock wheels.)
I'm in the Atlanta area and wondered if you found a source there or did you order the A Spec suspension from an out of town source? I am hoping to find an Atlanta dealer that would sell and install the suspension package. BTW have you found someone to install the suspension for you?

Thanks
Lakeman
Old 08-12-2004 | 02:56 PM
Drifting

I also am running a-spec on stock rim and tire. There is no problem whatsoever, looks great and the handling improvement is quite impressive, even on the el-42. It retains the stock ride quality while improving overall feel of how the car drives.
Old 08-12-2004 | 06:02 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lakeman
Ed-Head, Good price. I have been looking at adding the A Spec suspension to my 6MT and keeping the stock wheels. (See neuronbob's review - think he also kept the stock wheels.)
I'm in the Atlanta area and wondered if you found a source there or did you order the A Spec suspension from an out of town source? I am hoping to find an Atlanta dealer that would sell and install the suspension package. BTW have you found someone to install the suspension for you?

Thanks
Lakeman

First off, thx gents for all the reponses!!

Lakeman, I'm currently in the Augusta area and received the quote from Acura of Augusta. I just happened to drop by there while in Augusta and talkled with them. As for having the suspension kit installed, the Acura dealer on Peachtree Industrial in Chamblee has said that they will do the install. I'll be finding out for sure.

Also as a note, the Acura of Augusta dealer had an A-Spec package on the lot....the wheels look OK, but the body kits looks LOUSY!!! Poor fit and mis-matched paint. For that reason, I won't be doing any other A-Spec mods.

But I did by the suspension package a few minutes ago
Old 08-12-2004 | 07:03 PM
Racer

As for having the suspension kit installed, the Acura dealer on Peachtree Industrial in Chamblee has said that they will do the install.
Ed - Please let me know how much they charge you to do the install. I have been getting ready to buy the A-Spec suspension and found it for $600(parts only). I bought my car at Ed Voyles (Peachtree Ind) and always have it serviced there. I asked them about the install and they said almost $500 (labor only). The dealer who will sell me the suspension said it should only take 4 hrs max @ $80 per hour. When I questioned Ed Voyles on this they said it would only take 4 hours hours but the service manual says 6 hours so this is what they would charge. Also, I think they were $83 per hour. Well this is how dealers make money... every dealer does it, but still I am going to call the service mngr to bitch and see if he will just charge me for the time it takes. If not I will call other dealers. I thought this might be helpful for your negotiations. Please let me know what happens.
Old 08-13-2004 | 01:04 AM
Drifting

Got mine at my dealer here in NY for 700 installed, and im pretty sure this is their flat rate. I wasnt told I was getting a discount nor did I negotiate anything like that. Definately shop different dealers and get cost for parts and install together.
Old 08-13-2004 | 08:27 AM
Racer

Ed
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like from you, captain and winstrolvtec that I should shop around. My closest dealer is actually in Greenville. I might try there first. Winstrolvtec seems to have gotten a good price - $700 installed? Best I have seen for A Spec suspension and installation.
Old 08-13-2004 | 09:29 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by captain
Ed - Please let me know how much they charge you to do the install. I have been getting ready to buy the A-Spec suspension and found it for $600(parts only). I bought my car at Ed Voyles (Peachtree Ind) and always have it serviced there. I asked them about the install and they said almost $500 (labor only). The dealer who will sell me the suspension said it should only take 4 hrs max @ $80 per hour. When I questioned Ed Voyles on this they said it would only take 4 hours hours but the service manual says 6 hours so this is what they would charge. Also, I think they were $83 per hour. Well this is how dealers make money... every dealer does it, but still I am going to call the service mngr to bitch and see if he will just charge me for the time it takes. If not I will call other dealers. I thought this might be helpful for your negotiations. Please let me know what happens.
Captain, I'll post the labor quote that Ed Voyles gives me. That's one thing that I haven't discussed with them yet. I've just asked them if they would do an install if I already have the suspension pieces. Going by the posts on the threads, I'll also be doing some shopping around.

As a further note, the techs in Augusta said that it would be relatively easy to do the install myself.....and that it wouldn't break the warranty on the car. I don't think I'm ready for that yet thou.
Old 08-13-2004 | 04:19 PM
Cruisin'

Which dealer in New York did you go to? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2004 | 07:46 PM
tms
Intermediate

Where are you guys getting the A-Spec suspension........?? I have called everywhere and no one will sell just the suspension package to me!! HELP! I have every piece of the A-Spec except for the suspension and can't order it from my dealer! Thanks.