Rockauto 3G TL lugnuts

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts
Exclamation Rockauto 3G TL lugnuts

Hey everyone, just a cautionary review about Rockauto's listing for lugnuts. All the lugs listed there DO NOT work for the 3G TL's stock wheels. I ordered for a set that looked like it had the ball type seat and it ended up being a conical seat.

Every single lugnut they have listed there is for an aftermarket wheel. Not sure why they would list the parts they way they have. Fortunately I ended up returning it and had to pay for return shipping. Stupid expense for noting IMO.

Customer service argued with me saying that the part is not a stock component and any of their parts I put on my car is my liability. The parts listed there do not necessarily have to interact correctly with stock components on our vehicle. They have good parts on there and good deals but be extra careful ordering from them. We've seen what happens after the whole Moog lower ball joint debacle. Although it has been resolved it was a stupid design flaw that lead to issues. Don't throw on lugs that are not meant for the TL and have to deal with it later!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Dealt with RockAuto for years and they normally have been very accommodating, especially if their listing is inaccurate, so thought I'd take a look and see.
Would like to know which part you ordered as their listings do indicate whether OEM, conical, mag style, bulge, acorn etc.
Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turbonut
Dealt with RockAuto for years and they normally have been very accommodating, especially if their listing is inaccurate, so thought I'd take a look and see.
Would like to know which part you ordered as their listings do indicate whether OEM, conical, mag style, bulge, acorn etc.
Maybe I'm missing something.
That would be the one.
More Information for DORMAN 711355
Old 12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by d1sturb3d119
That would be the one.
Gotta agree with you nothing says about the tapered seating, although most aftermarket parts are. But then again, you usually buy at Rockauto for OEM fitting parts, not so much for tuning haha...
Old 12-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by polobunny
Gotta agree with you nothing says about the tapered seating, although most aftermarket parts are. But then again, you usually buy at Rockauto for OEM fitting parts, not so much for tuning haha...
Yeah. I've returned parts before and its not a problem because nothing in their definition would've helped me change my mind prior to purchasing the product. Like when I bought a moog lower ball joint, I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a castle nut so I decided to return it.

Now with the lugs, there is no mention of seat type or anything. All the rest of it state its a conical seat which makes no sense for a stock TL. I buy this once thinking it would be the stock part but still conical.

They apparently sell only conical seat lugs for the TL so just watch out. Not sure if they plan to change that anytime soon.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Update from Rockauto. All is taken care of. Took a little bit but it got done.

"Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have reviewed this situation and I agree, this should not be listed for the Acura. I have updated the return so you will not be charged for return shipping, and we will refund your original shipping as well. Many people enjoy the locking style nuts, and they are hard to find with ball seats. Washers to convert tapered seats to ball seats are available, so we will simply be adding "tapered seats" to the part info to avoid this confusion in the future.

On a side note, when we list things as stock or non stock, we are not referencing your vehicle having stock wheels or aftermarket wheels. We are simply referencing weather the part you are looking at is "in stock" in our warehouse or "out of stock" (non-stock). I think this discrepancy is what our representatives were focusing on, rather than the original problem at hand. I apologize for the confusion.

Thank you,

Bryan R. "
The following users liked this post:
Slpr04UA6 (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Update from Rockauto. All is taken care of. Took a little bit but it got done.

"Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have reviewed this situation and I agree, this should not be listed for the Acura. I have updated the return so you will not be charged for return shipping, and we will refund your original shipping as well. Many people enjoy the locking style nuts, and they are hard to find with ball seats. Washers to convert tapered seats to ball seats are available, so we will simply be adding "tapered seats" to the part info to avoid this confusion in the future.

On a side note, when we list things as stock or non stock, we are not referencing your vehicle having stock wheels or aftermarket wheels. We are simply referencing weather the part you are looking at is "in stock" in our warehouse or "out of stock" (non-stock). I think this discrepancy is what our representatives were focusing on, rather than the original problem at hand. I apologize for the confusion.

Thank you,

Bryan R. "
Good for you and also for future buyers. I'm sure some people would have wrote it off as a loss and went on with their life instead of correcting Rockauto.

Trending Topics

Old 12-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by polobunny
Good for you and also for future buyers. I'm sure some people would have wrote it off as a loss and went on with their life instead of correcting Rockauto.
I would hope they'd realize it at least. That was the scary part. I got it and was all excited. I didn't see the biggest difference but I know for a fact my aftermarket wheels use tapered lugs that are different from the TL. Luckily I actually decided to write back and even more fortunate is that they care enough to take care of it.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
That would be the one.
It's a spline locking lug nut, not a regular lug nut as referenced in the post. All the lug nuts have a description, but I can see the problem with the one you ordered listed under lug nut lock. You'll be hard pressed finding other lug nut locks that have ball seats.
Glad you got everything refunded.
The following users liked this post:
d1sturb3d119 (12-05-2014)