HT-spec Type 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HT-spec Type 1

I put my coilovers on a week and a half ago and it looked amazing ..but while driving i got a wobbling for about five seconds when ever i pressed the gas..at first i tought it was cause it was new and it had to break in but when i adjusted the hight today the wobbling became a constant =( ...Does any Knos Marcus At Helltoes email address . And Has anyone had this problem Before ?? PLz Help me out =/
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
that ONE RED tl

I'd check all your hardware and possibly your compliance bushings. Have you gotten an alignment?

He responds pretty quick when messaging him through his site here.
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/support/i...kets&_a=submit
Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 374 Likes on 207 Posts
Which strut?
How did you adjust it?
Did you torque all bolts to spec?
Did you properly compress the damper when installing?
Have you had an alignment done since install?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:08 AM
06 ThugLuv

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
shame on me i know this..but i did no torque to spec. I just have alignment problems that i can feel but my 2 weeks of breaking in is coming to an end and will get alignment friday.

Suspension problems like any need trouble shooting...I'd give a day or two and get an allignment and see how that goes. but in the meen time do what DimwitRj sugested..

was this DIY?
where do you feel it front or rear?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
dude i get the same fuken wobble ONLY in the front driver side wheel. it happens for about 2 seconds when i slightly press on the gas i feel the wobble/vibration from the front driver side and it goes away right after the wheel is spinning for more than 3 seconds. If i slam the gas pedal and take off from a stop i can barely feel the wobble but i have no idea why this is happening. I have had the coils for about 2 months and everything on my car is installed professionally so i know there was nothing wrong with the install. My toe is set to zero alignment is good. My mechanic thinks it may be an axle problem OR tire issue. I have ridiculous camber on my front two tires from when my car wasnt aligned even before my drop. My installer thinks it may be an axle problem. If it was the tire why wouldnt it be persistent through the entire drive rather than only for 2-3 seconds of initially hitting the pedal
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 AM
WiCk3D >TL TyPe-S< iN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
o fuck i hope i dont have get this wobble i am dropping the tls on type-1 ht-spec tomorrow ... wish me all the best >>>>
Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
06 ThugLuv

Originally Posted by mrlal8
dude i get the same fuken wobble ONLY in the front driver side wheel. it happens for about 2 seconds when i slightly press on the gas i feel the wobble/vibration from the front driver side and it goes away right after the wheel is spinning for more than 3 seconds. If i slam the gas pedal and take off from a stop i can barely feel the wobble but i have no idea why this is happening. I have had the coils for about 2 months and everything on my car is installed professionally so i know there was nothing wrong with the install. My toe is set to zero alignment is good. My mechanic thinks it may be an axle problem OR tire issue. I have ridiculous camber on my front two tires from when my car wasnt aligned even before my drop. My installer thinks it may be an axle problem. If it was the tire why wouldnt it be persistent through the entire drive rather than only for 2-3 seconds of initially hitting the pedal

man im all about trouble shooting...gotta save that dolla yo. try rotaiting your tires first...simple easy

Umm..axel = drive shaft right?....well here my lil 2 cents on that..my dads been through drive shaft problems when we lifted a toyota too high and the drive shaft was in to much of an angel, so where the drive shaft met the transfer case and axel it was creating shit vibes and clunks..so we fixed it by adding better U joints...

soooo...on our FWD car maybe the drop is creating an od angel on the drive shaft?? and could explain why you feel the vibe in the front...butttt. if that were the case, i just think that we'd here more about this wobble from everyone dropping their car, no matter what brand of coils.

I'm not gonna put my money on the axel yet...like i said rotate ur tires...then do this for me...

when u drive ur car listen for a noise, in the front, when you accelerate. listen for a "creak" sound. not when u mash it, accelerate like normal, kinda more on the slow side. also dont pay attention for this noise first thing in the morning or when its cold outside. do it later in the day after u've drivin around for a bit....sorry if i sound crazy but trouble shootin' man...im tryin to eliminate ball joints here..lowering ur car puts stress on them hoes fo sho..

How many miles are on ur car?
how low is ur drop?
Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 PM
06 ThugLuv

If it was the tire why wouldnt it be persistent through the entire drive rather than only for 2-3 seconds of initially hitting the pedal

nowww...im bout to give you 2 more cents....this could be wheel bearings...when ur bearings go from not moving to slow ur riding all ur weight on em...since u said u had shit chamber for a while that could have worn em down all retarded....once you get into higher speeds ur bearings start to float...relieving ur wheel of riding on the uneveniss. does theroy make sence?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
Have this issue. I replaced driver side axle and still the same. I just try to forget about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Have this issue. I replaced driver side axle and still the same. I just try to forget about it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Old 05-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys for the input ...I'm hoping it's the tires these things are SHOT with camber so I'm not guna bother rotating...hopefully I'm picking up rims next month with brand new tires so we ll see if it's gone then...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was set on buying these....
now I'm not to suree

Does this happen only during acceleration?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:51 AM
06 ThugLuv

^ function & form coils are one of the best for honda folks
Old 05-06-2011, 03:47 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
Ive had these and didnt have this vibration problem...

don't let these steer u away from them, practice89!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Is it possible you're so low that the CV joints are at some odd angle causing the wobble? I had a similar issue on my Integra a while back and raising it to a reasonable height fixed the problem for me.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

you think riding at this level will cause any permanent damage?

i really dont want to raise the car
Old 05-06-2011, 12:46 PM
06 ThugLuv

Theres deff a fine line were lowering it too much can harm ur car, cuz all ur pivoting angels have new stress on them...But, check it out when our car is stock and fully loaded with people and crap, every car drops a lil. so that tells me they're built to be driven in both conditions...idk that’s a lil comforting for me haha.
I’d say im lower than usual and i don’t want to raise mine either...back in my off roadin days cv's could be touchy and a common problem....i don’t know much about cv's I’m going to look into that..Good suggestion sdsilverm3
Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DimwitRj
I'd check all your hardware and possibly your compliance bushings. Have you gotten an alignment?

He responds pretty quick when messaging him through his site here.
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/support/i...kets&_a=submit
No but i will be gettin one asap ..
Originally Posted by CaliWowie
shame on me i know this..but i did no torque to spec. I just have alignment problems that i can feel but my 2 weeks of breaking in is coming to an end and will get alignment friday.

Suspension problems like any need trouble shooting...I'd give a day or two and get an allignment and see how that goes. but in the meen time do what DimwitRj sugested..

was this DIY?
where do you feel it front or rear?
This was sorta a diy cause i knew someone who did this alot before , and i new he knew wat he was doin , he said it could be cause i have a rebuild axil , at first i was only feeling it from the front right but since i rasied the car i feel it all around ,im not sure ,,its jus stressful,
My boy told me his car did the same thing and he changed the axle and it went away ,,im not 100% sure its gonna work on my car tho..he said its cause the car is low and putting alot on my front right rebuild axle =/ Have u had any luck fixings yours?
man im all about trouble shooting...gotta save that dolla yo. try rotaiting your tires first...simple easy

Umm..axel = drive shaft right?....well here my lil 2 cents on that..my dads been through drive shaft problems when we lifted a toyota too high and the drive shaft was in to much of an angel, so where the drive shaft met the transfer case and axel it was creating shit vibes and clunks..so we fixed it by adding better U joints...

soooo...on our FWD car maybe the drop is creating an od angel on the drive shaft?? and could explain why you feel the vibe in the front...butttt. if that were the case, i just think that we'd here more about this wobble from everyone dropping their car, no matter what brand of coils.

I'm not gonna put my money on the axel yet...like i said rotate ur tires...then do this for me...

when u drive ur car listen for a noise, in the front, when you accelerate. listen for a "creak" sound. not when u mash it, accelerate like normal, kinda more on the slow side. also dont pay attention for this noise first thing in the morning or when its cold outside. do it later in the day after u've drivin around for a bit....sorry if i sound crazy but trouble shootin' man...im tryin to eliminate ball joints here..lowering ur car puts stress on them hoes fo sho..

How many miles are on ur car?
how low is ur drop?
My Drop is not to low my fenders meet my tire rim no space ,,also how do most people measure their drop ?

Originally Posted by TLDude876
i tried this approach =(
Originally Posted by practice89
I was set on buying these....
now I'm not to suree

Does this happen only during acceleration?
yes !
Originally Posted by SDSilverM3
Is it possible you're so low that the CV joints are at some odd angle causing the wobble? I had a similar issue on my Integra a while back and raising it to a reasonable height fixed the problem for me.
Ill Try raising it this sunday .
Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 AM
06 ThugLuv

So in my reserch the average cv joint can operate with in a 40 degree angle of range from stock...so im sure that can rule out the CV's givin our cars are 1-3 inches dropped

Now after my allignment is done i deff feel wobbling on acceleration that peaks at about 25mph....it has to be some pivoting bushing or ball joint on the spindal...i hope what ever it is is can be corrected.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
WiCk3D >TL TyPe-S< iN

just drop the car today...and no wobbling
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 AM
06 ThugLuv

^^GGEAHH look at that ass get low...after a day or two u'll notice ur car drop a lil more..watch out for rubbin!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Burning Brakes

just cuz you dont have wobbling now doesnt me it wont come...mine came 2 weeks later when i got my alignment done. it happened AFTER the alignment lol
Old 05-10-2011, 04:01 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
So in my reserch the average cv joint can operate with in a 40 degree angle of range from stock...so im sure that can rule out the CV's givin our cars are 1-3 inches dropped

Now after my allignment is done i deff feel wobbling on acceleration that peaks at about 25mph....it has to be some pivoting bushing or ball joint on the spindal...i hope what ever it is is can be corrected.
Keep the CV somewhere on the list of potential causes of that wobble. Just because theory states that it has a specific range of motion doesn't mean it is absolute. Experience > theory. Your problem sounds exactly like mine. You give it full throttle off of the line and you feel it until you lift and get on it again. Sometimes it's worse than others but in the end, my problem went away when I raised the car.

It might be worth a try when you're out of ideas.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
OT, but u needa get a detail work blackice!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
06 ThugLuv

Originally Posted by SDSilverM3
Keep the CV somewhere on the list of potential causes of that wobble. Just because theory states that it has a specific range of motion doesn't mean it is absolute. Experience > theory. Your problem sounds exactly like mine. You give it full throttle off of the line and you feel it until you lift and get on it again. Sometimes it's worse than others but in the end, my problem went away when I raised the car.

It might be worth a try when you're out of ideas.
NOOOOO!! i really dont want to raise it.....it sounds like a step i should try instead of buying a bunch of ball joints...
Old 05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys try to find out what exactly is causing this b4 assuming is the drop or the coilovers because i myself experienced the same wobble when hitting the gas from a full stop on a take off and i have stock suspension. i have never lowered my car but will soon. it might be something else!!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
06 ThugLuv

Originally Posted by bLaCk iCe

just drop the car today...and no wobbling
hey if you do in a week or two get wobbles...please find this post and let us know...if you get wobbles..I’ll take that as how low I have it is the problem..If u get em they should be around 20mph on a normal acceleration
Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I have had so many cars slammed that i doubt it has anything to do with the ride hight, that and there are alot of people on this forum that have their cars slammed that this would be alot mor common.
Make sure that the strut rod bolt is tight, alot of people dont check that and just assume that they are torqued becasue they came from the factory like that. Otherwise it sounds like you have a ball joint issue. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm also surprised that so many people have wobbles. I've went through many suspension set-ups and I've was slammed on ground control coilover sleeves and never experienced any wobble whatsoever. *knocks on wood*

I hope you all find an issue to this. What is everyone's mileage that is experiencing this wobble?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
06 ThugLuv

Mine is at 79 about to crack 80....I read before that ball joint should be replace at 100..thats prob if you drive easy...but after mods it could cut that down...plus rough roads..
Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
I've been going over this "wobble" issue with the customer and it has be a little bit baffled. I could see a lot of issues arising from a bad shock or suspension...but not really a "wobble."

Anyway, I told the customer to go back to the installer to check it out and see if they can find something going on.

Something else worth mentioning is that we are already working on a V2 design of out HT-Spec damper kits. Whether or not you think you need it, it might be in some people's interest to upgrade the shocks to the newer version. The aim is to get them handling a bit sharper and riding a tad smoother. It is a case of trying to improve an already great product. Should be out in the next couple months.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:20 AM
WiCk3D >TL TyPe-S< iN

new pic of the car but no wobbling as yet ...first week went by ok
Old 05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

^the wobble for me is VERY LITTTLE
i cant notice it half the time lol
just pay real close attention to it with no music on and the windows closed.