Fitment Question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fitment Question?

I am picking up a set of XXR 526's for my 05 TL, Front 18x9 +25 wrapped in 245/35 stretched, Rear 18x10.5 +25 wrapped in 255/40 stretched . I am lowered on Function and Form Type 2's, rolled and slightly pulled. No camber kit or adjustable ball joints. Should i expext any fitment issues that anyone can tell?
thanks
Paul
Old 07-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
On the front you are very close, it's going to come down to the exact camber you're running, and how much you're pulled.

The rear is where things will get tricky for you. The wheel itself will be 21mm outboard of optimal, but the tire shoulder will only be about 10mm outboard of optimal. So as long as the car isn't crazy slammed, you should be fine with -2.5° in the rear.

Of course, every car is a little different, but I'd say you're 2 camber kits away from making this combo work without much fuss.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VisualEchos
On the front you are very close, it's going to come down to the exact camber you're running, and how much you're pulled.

The rear is where things will get tricky for you. The wheel itself will be 21mm outboard of optimal, but the tire shoulder will only be about 10mm outboard of optimal. So as long as the car isn't crazy slammed, you should be fine with -2.5° in the rear.

Of course, every car is a little different, but I'd say you're 2 camber kits away from making this combo work without much fuss.
that's exactly what I was looking for...someone with a bit more knowledge on the subject than I have. So looks like I'm going to be ordering a an upper control arm set as well as rear kit...just for peace of mind👌
thanks for your input VisualEchos it's greatly appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
VisualEchos (07-02-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

As I mentioned before....thanks for your input/knowledge, it's been very helpful in my search for an aggressive setup. But as usual the guy I was going to purchase the XXR's from flaked on me and backed out of the deal so now I am in the process of purchasing a set of Wedsports Kranze LXZ's, a bit aggressive but that's the look I'm trying to achieve. Specs are as follows:
Front 18x10 et+10 (4" Lip)
Rear 18x11 et+10 (5" Lip)
as I mentioned before I am rolled pulled and lowered on function and form type 2 coilovers and i now have the modified skunk2 upper control arms with adjustable ball joints and a rear SPC Camber Kit. What if any difficulties should I expect. Also what would be your suggestion as where to start with camber. Oh and any reccomendation on tire size as I'm not sure what will fit.

thanks a bunch
paul
Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Andrew

Originally Posted by Mcdoogle1975
As I mentioned before....thanks for your input/knowledge, it's been very helpful in my search for an aggressive setup. But as usual the guy I was going to purchase the XXR's from flaked on me and backed out of the deal so now I am in the process of purchasing a set of Wedsports Kranze LXZ's, a bit aggressive but that's the look I'm trying to achieve. Specs are as follows:
Front 18x10 et+10 (4" Lip)
Rear 18x11 et+10 (5" Lip)
as I mentioned before I am rolled pulled and lowered on function and form type 2 coilovers and i now have the modified skunk2 upper control arms with adjustable ball joints and a rear SPC Camber Kit. What if any difficulties should I expect. Also what would be your suggestion as where to start with camber. Oh and any reccomendation on tire size as I'm not sure what will fit.

thanks a bunch
paul
Dude, you are really past the scope of normal here, and to be perfectly honest, you're going to have to sacrifice a lot in order to make these wheels work. Basically you're looking at stupid camber and terribly stretched tires. But if you want the numbers...

Front wheel is out of flush spec by 36mm, and regardless of tire will require broken-suspension type negative camber to correct.
Rear wheel is out of flush spec by 49mm and regardless of tire will require broken-suspension type negative camber to correct.

If you really want these wheels you bought the wrong car.

Of course, that's just my opinion, feel free to make your life very hard and force them to fit anyway.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

And thank you again sir that is exactly why I ask... I do want an aggressive setup, so what would you recommend as being the most aggressive I could go without to many issues. I understand I Will have the normal camber wear and I expect that with the stance I'm trying to achieve. I was also looking into:
Weds Kranze Cerberus II
Front 18x9.5 +20
Rear 18x10.5 +30
would that be a more feasible option in your opinion?

Thanks Again
Paul
Old 07-17-2017, 08:09 PM
Andrew

And thank you again sir that is exactly why I ask... I do want an aggressive setup, so what would you recommend as being the most aggressive I could go without to many issues. I understand I Will have the normal camber wear and I expect that with the stance I'm trying to achieve. I was also looking into:
Weds Kranze Cerberus II
Front 18x9.5 +20
Rear 18x10.5 +30
would that be a more feasible option in your opinion?

Thanks Again
Paul
18x9.5 +40 with 265/35 @ -1.5° F&R is what I call perfect fitment. Why? Because everything matches. The width of the wheel, the tire fitment, tire size, all of it, nothing weird, nothing crazy, nothing terribly wearing, no crazy handling characteristics, nothing. This set-up literally requires just a slight roll in the rear to fit.

Now, that is NOT to say that it's right for EVERYONE, I would never say that, everyone is different.

ANYTHING beyond these numbers, be it a wider wheel, wider tire, more camber, or lower offset will create issues. This isn't a problem either, you just have to find what issues you'll accept. I'm a wide tire guy, and my set-up reflects that. The question is; what kind of guy are you? Do you prefer deep dish? Wide tires? What is it you're after?

The set-up you posted is as follows;

Front wheel is 20mm outboard, so you'll need to run a 245/40 tire and -2° to make it fit. You could also run a 235/40 and get away with -1.5°.
Rear wheel is 23mm outboard, so you'll need to run a 245/40 tire, and -1.8° to make it fit. Don't try to run a 235/40 on a 10.5" wheel or I'll never help you again :-)

If you really want this set-up I'd run the front wheel size F&R, the 10.5 will cause too many issues.
princeprodigy21 (07-19-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Intermediate

Thank you so much for your input. You have no idea how much your knowledge base and help on this topic has saved me from making thousands of dollars in uneducated decisions. As for as what kind of guy I am I like wide tires deep wheels, and big lips....lol and that's why my choices have been purely aggressive to this point but slowly learning I can't have my cake and eat it to... I guess I just need to come to my senses and realize that I just might no be able to comfortably have the wide booty TL I want😔....lol
have any pics of your setup? would love to see it.

as always....
thanks Paul
Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 PM
Andrew

Thank you so much for your input. You have no idea how much your knowledge base and help on this topic has saved me from making thousands of dollars in uneducated decisions. As for as what kind of guy I am I like wide tires deep wheels, and big lips....lol and that's why my choices have been purely aggressive to this point but slowly learning I can't have my cake and eat it to... I guess I just need to come to my senses and realize that I just might no be able to comfortably have the wide booty TL I want😔....lol
have any pics of your setup? would love to see it.

as always....
thanks Paul
Unfortunately, the TL really is the wrong car for anyone that wants that wide tire, deep-dish look, it's just a fact of life.

My TL:

Carbon Dark.
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

My Exige:

After Dark. (Explore)
by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Old 07-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VisualEchos
Unfortunately, the TL really is the wrong car for anyone that wants that wide tire, deep-dish look, it's just a fact of life.

My TL:

Carbon Dark. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

My Exige:

After Dark. (Explore) by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
absolutely beautiful cars
My 05 TL and my 04 Dodge Ram Supercharged SRT 10
VisualEchos (07-17-2017)