Excelerate Performance: XLR8 Coilover Group Buy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No preload. Preload is neutral. The spring is way too soft for the TL.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Kasshern
Hi guys,

I finally got around to install the new front shafts that I ordered. After removing the old shafts and inspecting them, they seem to be normal. We still went ahead and replaced them, but it made no difference. We further investigated the cause of the bang noise and the technician pointed out that the springs on the front are too soft and it is being fully compressed when the car is on the ground.
See picture below.

So basically, because the spring is too soft, it leaves no room for the springs to move and that is why it's always bottoming out when I hit a bump on the road. Does this make sense to you guys?

I order the Street Comfort, and this could be the result of the spring being too soft.

Can you guys check your springs if you can and see if it looks anywhere near like mine? This is when the car is on the ground.

Thanks,
How are you adjusting the ride height? It looks like you guys compressed the spring. That's now how you adjust the height. The spring needs to be pre-loaded hand tight. You lower the car through the bottom housing of the strut.

I think we're going to make a DIY soon because most of these issues people are having are from improper installation.