Excelerate Performance: Progress 24MM Rear Sway Bar Groupbuy!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:39 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
ohsix- FSB is a PITA to swap out (must drop subframe to do it). you're better off putting in a suspension to compliment your sway bar. the floaty feeling will be greatly diminished. the stock suspension even in a 6MT is really forgiving and got pretty floaty over speed humps and dips in the road. i know on my set up....no float, and very little body roll. my limiting factor are the tires i'm running (but i knew that when i got them-DWS). i guess it keeps me out of trouble from pushing the car too hard around turns. i still have plenty of going on though.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Thanks for the information, I had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as the rear. We'll see where time takes me. lol
Old 11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
excelerate, is it possible to hop in this group buy? im actually on the market for this... please let me know asap..money is ready...
Old 11-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Elite1982
excelerate, is it possible to hop in this group buy? im actually on the market for this... please let me know asap..money is ready...
Unfortunately, the GB is over. We can no longer honor the GB price. However, we still have it on sale on the website. The cost is only $10 more.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-225595.aspx
Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks bro. Bought
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Whatever I do what I want

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
RSB install

The instructions proved are these.

"INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Progress Technology Anti-Sway Bar
2004> Acura TL Rear

1.Park vehicle on smooth level asphalt or concrete surface. Block front wheels. Jack up rear end of car and support with jack stands.

2. Remove the nuts that hold the end links to the bar . Next, remove the factory bushings and brackets. Remove the bar from the vehicle.

3.Locate the pivot "D" shaped polyurethane bushing and tube of special grease supplied in the hardware kit. Cut the end off the tube and apply grease to the bore of the bushing. Open bushing and snap them over the new sway bar,as positioned on the stock bar. Place the new brackets (supplied) over the bushings. Tighten brackets (using the supplied hardwar) and end links to OEM specifications.

4. THIS IS AN ADJUSTABLE SWAY BAR. THE HOLD TOWARD THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE IS THE SOFTEST SETTING. CHARACTERISTICS IN HANDLING HAVE BEEN ALTERED, USE EXTREME CAUTION DURING DRIVING.

5. Installation is complete. Check assembly periodically for tightness."

The hardest part for me was getting the endlink nuts off. I sprayed them with BP blaster a week ago then hours before installing, had to continuously use it during this install. You need to use a allen wrench to hold the bot in place during removal. This site helped me visualize this http://www.filtsai.com/accord/sway_bar/index.php. Here are some install pictures. I did not have to remove my wheel. If I decide to go to the stiff setting I will replace my end links at the same time, probably should have done it when I did this project.

This is what your kit should come with.

I'd like some advice on how my brake line looks if anyone sees something wrong with it.

This bracket kept falling down on it's own even with it threaded up a few. I had to remove it a few times to make the bracket fit up evenly.

The bolt closest to the front of the car is not tighten down as far as the other one because it feels like it is rubbing on something,but it is still threaded up alot.

OEM REMOVED

I made a short video removing the old bar and putting the new one in place.
http://youtu.be/4VTqupBM7Zs
Old 11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I don't have the tools or space but my installer used a locking wrench. I hear alot of folks use allen keys. I hope he didn't ruin anything. Wish i would have done it, looked sooo easssssyyy.

Many thanks to Exelerate for the group deal.

This mod is by far the first and best one yet!!!
I have mine on soft, OEM suspension and it handles like its on rails. I love it!! The car feels tight, i never knew what it meant when folks said it before. The steering wheel is more responsive and a little lighter too! Switching lanes is done with little movement (no boat like feeling). Best of all, the car is a BLAST to drive now. I could only imagine how it would handle if i lower the suspension and put it on track(firm) mode.

Thanks to those who provided their feedback as well, they were pretty much spot on with the descriptions.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How long does it take to install the RSB? My mechanic is trying to charge me for an hour of work at $70/hr.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Took me an hour at home with simple tools. And i am not a mechanic. I think if they had a lift and proper tools they could do it in 15-30 min MAX! IMO
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggie_B
How long does it take to install the RSB? My mechanic is trying to charge me for an hour of work at $70/hr.
It takes 45-60 minutes depending on your capabilities.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Is it ok to use the RSB on stiff setting with stock suspension ?
Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by GivatiTL
Is it ok to use the RSB on stiff setting with stock suspension ?
I would say so.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Had the RSB installed over the weekend and can't say I really feel much of a difference from the OEM 6MT bar. Body roll is about the same, handling feels about the same, cornering behavior feels about the same. I saw the final result of the install, everything looked correct. I was expecting a more dramatic improvement, at least in body roll, but in retrospect, I was basing my expectations on past experience. My previous car was a Maxima and going from no RSB to an aftermarket RSB made a huge difference. Are these dramatic improvement testimonials primarily for automatic TL owners with hollow RSB bars?

Last edited by Biggie_B; 12-05-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Instructor

Had the RSB installed over the weekend and can't say I really feel much of a difference from the OEM 6MT bar. Body roll is about the same, handling feels about the same, cornering behavior feels about the same. I saw the final result of the install, everything looked correct. I was expecting a more dramatic improvement, at least in body roll, but in retrospect, I was basing my expectations on past experience. My previous car was a Maxima and going from no RSB to an aftermarket RSB made a huge difference. Are these dramatic improvement testimonials primarily for automatic TL owners with hollow RSB bars?
I should add that I have it set to "soft". May change it to track at a later date...
Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

having a 6MT, and the "beefier" stock bar (19mm) vs AT (17mm)...i installed aspec suspension. big difference in handling, but still had some body roll. 3 months later added the RSB....noticeable difference in how the car handled itself. mine is set on "soft". very little if any body rolll when hitting turns and corners. stiffier rear end (as expected) when driving around. justnspace had set it soft at first, then switched to track setting, he started out on stock 6MT suspension. he has a whole thread on his experience with it. something about little piggies going weeee!
The following users liked this post:
lsimmons (12-05-2011)
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 PM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Installed mine today, went with the stiffer setting. It's not like a night and day difference but it's definitely noticeable. Took a few quicker turns but ni higher speed highway or ramps yet.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

correction-the stock RSB in a 6MT and type s is 20 mm, not 19 mm. AT is still 17mm.