Excelerate Performance Announces a new XLR8 Suspension!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Excelerate Performance Announces a new XLR8 Suspension!!!

Excelerate Performance is proud to announce the release of a new coilover line for the Acura lineup. We have worked closely with ISC suspension to design coilovers for the Acura TL (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen), TSX (1st and 2nd gen), RSX, and NSX. We have become the exclusive distributor in North America for the Acura models, thus making them XLR8 coilovers manufactured by ISC. So what are ISC coilovers and what are the benefits?

The ISC N1 Coilover is an affordable high performance damper system which offers excellent performance and high quality at a reasonable price. ISC offers suspension solutions for various auto manufacturers including BMW, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, & more! But we are going to focus only on the Acura lineup.

All coilovers come with a 12 month warranty to put your mind at ease; if the product fails in any way in the first 12 months we will pay all postage, labor and parts costs to fix the issue, and in minimal time. If our product fails after that initial 12 month period we will replace the product at trade price!!

The N1 coilover can be lowered approximately 3 inches lower then standard ride height, this along with a spring rate setup to suit your car improves handling and stability dramatically. We can make packages for track/rally/drag and of course street. Our lineup will specifically be designed towards the street/sport customer. However, to offer more flexibility we give the option to pick their own custom spring rates at no extra charge.

ISC N1 Coilover

Features:

32 Step Damper Adjustable
  • Precise control of valving/damping
  • Operates smoothly on all road surfaces
  • Expansion/Suppression of shock adjustment

Pillowball Uppermount (RSX) or Aluminum Upper Mounts
  • Adjustable camber allows more/less on road track for all conditions (RSX only)

Piston Rod Design
  • Strengthened steel piston rods
  • Meets race/sport standards

Sports Spring
  • Made from high quality SAE9254 steel
  • Tested over 500,000 times on compression inspection with less than 5% deformation
  • Choose from Street Comfort, Street/Sport or Track/Race (spring rates vary depending on application, for specs check the application guide or ask us when you order, custom spring rates are free). Spring rates are typically as follows for the Acura models: Street Comfort 10/6 Street/Sport 12/8 Track/Race is 14/10

Ride Height Adjustable
  • Full length height adjustable
  • Preload adjustable with separate spring locks
  • High quality T6061 aluminium alloy used for all adjustment locks to provide a lightweight design that holds spring and vehicle down force

Aluminum Bracket
  • Made from T6061 aluminum alloy by organic shaping to lighten weight and increase handling performance
  • Specially anodized surface to prevent internal corrosion and surface rust
  • On various models camber can also be adjusted via the bracket as well as the camber tops (RSX only)

Single Cylinder Design
  • Larger cylinder and piston design to advance driving stability and dexterity

Thrust Bearing
  • Improves steering and creates a smoother ride
  • $55 upgrade included for free on all our coilover kits

So, the question follows. What is the price? These coilovers list out for $1250 for the set. We will be selling them for $950 plus shipping after the initial stocking order. But in order to get our first stocking order in we want to offer an introductory price of $850 shipped to the cont 48 US. This saves the average customer about $150. The stocking order will take 1-2 months to arrive. If you are interested please create a list. Feel free to ask any questions too.
The following users liked this post:
JD TL-S (12-28-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No interest in this? I definitely am, I'm deciding between Tein SS, Megans or this...I'm not planning to slam my car or track it...just looking for a decent drop and a very nice comfortable stock feeling
JD TL-S (12-28-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dano4o8
No interest in this? I definitely am, I'm deciding between Tein SS, Megans or this...I'm not planning to slam my car or track it...just looking for a decent drop and a very nice comfortable stock feeling
^ Exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe 1-2 in drop. And I just drive around town, So i dont need anything crazy, just comfortable. I'm a couple months out from doing this.... But getting in all my research now.
JD TL-S (12-28-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
^might as well make a list and get on it! GREAT price! you'll have to wait 1-2 months anyways
Old 11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
nice addition!!! im sure they will sell great at that price!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dano4o8
This is a new suspension we just released so it will take some time to get mass interest. However, as more people see more names on the list it will encourage others to join. So start the list. This will be a great street setup.

Originally Posted by lsimmons
^ Exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe 1-2 in drop. And I just drive around town, So i dont need anything crazy, just comfortable. I'm a couple months out from doing this.... But getting in all my research now.
This will be the ultimate street setup. We can even cater the comfort level to your desire.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will these be plug and play install. So these are suppose to be the closest to stock ride suspension. I'm a daily driver so how long is the life on these. In the market for coils. I was looking at megans or teins. But if these are better for comfort and look then I will go this route.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lakers9
Will these be plug and play install. So these are suppose to be the closest to stock ride suspension. I'm a daily driver so how long is the life on these. In the market for coils. I was looking at megans or teins. But if these are better for comfort and look then I will go this route.
This is an aftermarket suspension; it won't be the same as the stock suspension in terms of comfort. If you want OE ride comfort you will have to stick with OE components. However, with a less aggressive spring rate this will be more compliant than many of the other coilovers on the market.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Where are these made...USA?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Josh...any chances of this having an compatible EDFC ? like the SS ?

And sorry if I skimmed thro quick, how much for the suspension (32 step adjustable one)...?

am looking at something which will stiffen my ride when i hit the track...so trying to replace my Tein Basics...
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
it says 1250 but something about 950 for the initial price i think
Old 11-16-2011, 09:37 AM

^^^hahaha thanks....

now to find a buyer for my Tein Basics....they have been awesome....will hurt me to part with them
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^hahaha thanks....

now to find a buyer for my Tein Basics....they have been awesome....will hurt me to part with them
coils? how much would it cost me? i hate my springs
Old 11-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Josh...any chances of this having an compatible EDFC ? like the SS ?

And sorry if I skimmed thro quick, how much for the suspension (32 step adjustable one)...?

am looking at something which will stiffen my ride when i hit the track...so trying to replace my Tein Basics...
Sorry this will not be compatible with the EDFC nor do we have any plans to make one.

These coilovers list out for $1250 for the set. We will be selling them for $950 plus shipping after the initial stocking order. But in order to get our first stocking order in we want to offer an introductory price of $850 shipped to the cont 48 US. This saves the average customer about $150. The stocking order will take 1-2 months to arrive. If you are interested please create a list. Feel free to ask any questions too.

Also, we have one set in house for the 3rd gen TL which we are willing to sell for $800 shipped in exchange for some pictures of the installation, a review, and feedback.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM

^^^ I can do that

Let me talk with my budget manager aka "honey"....will sell my tein basics....

also do these come with top hats ? also are the thrust bearings recommended ? I will be able to set whatever spring rate I want at any time right ?

I would like to option to go from stiff to soft on the shoulder if I wanted....

VM am leaving for US tomorrow will PM you with the Tein's basics....lets make this happen....
Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

^^^ I can do that

Let me talk with my budget manager aka "honey"....will sell my tein basics....

also do these come with top hats ? also are the thrust bearings recommended ? I will be able to set whatever spring rate I want at any time right ?

I would like to option to go from stiff to soft on the shoulder if I wanted....

VM am leaving for US tomorrow will PM you with the Tein's basics....lets make this happen....
These come with aluminum top hats and thrust bearings. The thrust bearings are recommended because these improve steering response and create a smoother ride.

The suspension we have here has spring rates of 12 F and 8 R. If you want a particular spring rate we would have to order another set at this time (later on we will be stocking different options). However, we can order different springs later if you want feel you want a different setup.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Drifting

12k and 8k? what is that comparable to in/lb units??? is the front static rate or dynamic?
Old 11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
where are these made...usa?
+1
Old 11-18-2011, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
12k and 8k? what is that comparable to in/lb units??? is the front static rate or dynamic?

you headlight whore LOL

12F and 8R

I think this is pretty stiff upfront and rear is like Tein Basics....

Josh so you cant adjust the dampening force ?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
I would like to get a set off u, but when would we have to pay when they get in or now. If it's when they get in I'll probably jump on the list.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

For reference the TEIN Super Street spring rates are as follows:

12/671 F 6/336 R

So the rears of these are firmer but we can change that if you'd like. We just need to know in advance when we are placing the order to have them built.

Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
Where are these made...USA?
These are made in Taiwan at ISC's headquarters:

http://www.isc-n1.com/

Josh so you cant adjust the dampening force ?
Yes these coilovers have damping adjustment; they are only sold that way. There is no option to have a non-adjusting coilover at this time.

Originally Posted by callahan
I would like to get a set off u, but when would we have to pay when they get in or now. If it's when they get in I'll probably jump on the list.
I will at least need a deposit for those who are willing to be on the first order. It will be a $200 deposit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Excelerate:
TwincH (11-21-2011), veggiemonster (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Drifting

thank you. i am much more comfortable with the in/lb units.

this looks like an amazing setup. i had something similar on my last car...if i were to pull the trigger... might even be looking for a higher front rate and the same 8k rear for a great road/track combo.

have these been tested yet or still too early for that?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Burning Brakes

How many people do u need for the first batch? Any idea when we would need to have our depost in?
Old 11-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I can't believe more people arent jumping on this. As soon as I talk the wife into letting me spend some more money (dang acurazine) im going to be all over these.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Former Sponsor

thank you. i am much more comfortable with the in/lb units.

this looks like an amazing setup. i had something similar on my last car...if i were to pull the trigger... might even be looking for a higher front rate and the same 8k rear for a great road/track combo.

have these been tested yet or still too early for that?
These were just designed. We are the first to market these and we will be the exclusive distributor. We express aired the one set we have here in to get some feedback but the coilovers are ready to install. There's no further design or testing needed.

Originally Posted by callahan
How many people do u need for the first batch? Any idea when we would need to have our depost in?
I would like to get at least 10 people on this first batch. I have to order at least 20 sets so half would be good. Of course there can be more than 10 or 20. And anyone who joins now gets the sales prices. Once I get a list I will require a deposit of $200 the week after. The final payment will be due the week the parts arrive, which is 1-2 months from the date of order.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Excelerate
These were just designed. We are the first to market these and we will be the exclusive distributor. We express aired the one set we have here in to get some feedback but the coilovers are ready to install. There's no further design or testing needed.

I would like to get at least 10 people on this first batch. I have to order at least 20 sets so half would be good. Of course there can be more than 10 or 20. And anyone who joins now gets the sales prices. Once I get a list I will require a deposit of $200 the week after. The final payment will be due the week the parts arrive, which is 1-2 months from the date of order.

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll let you know later tonight what I decided.... When I say I... I mean my wife lol.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

1.callahan

Whoot first on the list! Can't wait till these coilovers get going.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
So basically they will be like TEIN SS coilovers with a slightly firmer rear spring, right? And how many clicks are they adjustable for firmness ? Whats the range for lowering? And whats the highest. Example. TEIN SS are -.9" lower to -2.5" lower. Thanks bro.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Burning Brakes

He has said the min drop but I would guess around a inch and max is around 3", Has 32 click of adjustment for firmness.
JD TL-S (11-27-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Josh...got some expenses that have come my way....sorry bro....prolly after xmas....during the xmas/new year season my wallet goes super dry LMAO....

Callahan why dont u get the set he has right now....thats a hella good deal if you want that setup
Old 11-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Josh...got some expenses that have come my way....sorry bro....prolly after xmas....during the xmas/new year season my wallet goes super dry LMAO....

Callahan why dont u get the set he has right now....thats a hella good deal if you want that setup
Bc I don't have 800 to spend on these atm lol or else I would be down. If I could pay 200 now and the other 600 when the rest come out I'll be down lol
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I mean if xlr8 is down for that deal i would be lol
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 PM

^^^ hahahaa we all are in the same boat around this time eh....
JD TL-S (12-08-2011)
Old 11-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

I know, I'm standing at Wally to buy my new 55" led tv lol. Need it for cod
Old 11-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interested, but want to see it installed on a TL ahead of time, don't really feel like playing guinea pig for $850. I've changed out suspension before (albeit on a WRX) but it can't be much different, and I know there are some comprehensive DIY's here on azine.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
So basically they will be like TEIN SS coilovers with a slightly firmer rear spring, right? And how many clicks are they adjustable for firmness ? Whats the range for lowering? And whats the highest. Example. TEIN SS are -.9" lower to -2.5" lower. Thanks bro.
This is a very different setup from the SS. The SS use a partially threaded shock body. These use a fully threaded shock body. The TEIN dampers have 16 levels of damping adjustment; these have 32. The TEIN coilovers lower the car up to about 2.5"; ours will lower up to about 3" and as little as 1". You will pre-load the spring with our setup whereas the TEIN coilovers will lower the car via lowering the perches for the springs.

Originally Posted by rtibbitts07
Very interested, but want to see it installed on a TL ahead of time, don't really feel like playing guinea pig for $850. I've changed out suspension before (albeit on a WRX) but it can't be much different, and I know there are some comprehensive DIY's here on azine.
I had a set express aired in not for test fitting but rather for feedback. The design is finished. I just wanted to get some feedback on spring rates before going into full production.
JD TL-S (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Comon we need some more names!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
These come with aluminum top hats and thrust bearings. The thrust bearings are recommended because these improve steering response and create a smoother ride.

The suspension we have here has spring rates of 12 F and 8 R. If you want a particular spring rate we would have to order another set at this time (later on we will be stocking different options). However, we can order different springs later if you want feel you want a different setup.
If I remember when I bought my TEIN SS coilovers in spring of 2009, I didnt want to compress the springs on my OEM coilovers, so I bought tophats from ACURA and put them on the TEIN SS coilovers.

So are you saying these coilovers are all ready to install without and spring compressing ? I hope you can understand my description.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
If I remember when I bought my TEIN SS coilovers in spring of 2009, I didnt want to compress the springs on my OEM coilovers, so I bought tophats from ACURA and put them on the TEIN SS coilovers.

So are you saying these coilovers are all ready to install without and spring compressing ? I hope you can understand my description.
Yes, no compression is needed. The shock is fully assembled.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Did this thread die? Lol

Quick Reply: Excelerate Performance Announces a new XLR8 Suspension!!!