Eibach Pro Kit Springs... Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011 | 11:01 PM
Instructor

Eibach Pro Kit Springs... Questions!

Just picked up a set of type s wheels for my 07 TL tech. I am going to lower it with the eibach pro kit but I have a couple of questions before doing so...

Will I need a camber kit?
Have people had problems with blown shocks even with the 1"-1.4" drop?
Should I expect issues? Or are ppl for the most part smooth sailing?

The car currently has 36k miles on it.
I am dropping for the sole reason of looks and having a nicer stance

I really dont wanna drop $1200+ on coilovers, this is my DD and I just want it to have a lil more unique ride and driving quality. Dont want to end up fixing everything after a 1" drop.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011 | 08:30 AM
BANNED

i wouldn't go with eibachs, personally.

i had them on my type-s and they really don't lower it enough to make the install worthwhile. look into tein h-techs or h&r sport springs if you don't want coilovers.

coils don't cost $1200+ either, i got my megans for under $700 (used)
Old 10-17-2011 | 08:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
i wouldn't go with eibachs, personally.

i had them on my type-s and they really don't lower it enough to make the install worthwhile. look into tein h-techs or h&r sport springs if you don't want coilovers.

coils don't cost $1200+ either, i got my megans for under $700 (used)
whats the minimum drop with coilovers? lowering is all personal preference, and i dont want to look like Im slammed. so 1-1.5" is definitely worth my time.

Can anyone answer any of my questions with a supporting deposition lol...
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:03 AM
BANNED

minimum drop with coilovers? you can set it any height you want. if you want 1-1.5"...then go for it.

will you need a camber kit? i don't know, it all depends on where your camber/toe specs are after you alter your suspension. get an alignment after you lower the car and go from there.

blown shocks? no...you're fine at 36k miles.

what type of issues concern you?
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:39 AM
Instructor

minimum drop with coilovers? you can set it any height you want. if you want 1-1.5"...then go for it.

will you need a camber kit? i don't know, it all depends on where your camber/toe specs are after you alter your suspension. get an alignment after you lower the car and go from there.

blown shocks? no...you're fine at 36k miles.

what type of issues concern you?
Im aware that coilovers are fully adjustable but most have a minimum 1"+ drop at start and can go lower depending on what you'd like. I read the article from mr heeltoe and it pretty much answered all my questions. I will be going with the pro kit, have a proper alignment done at Acura and see where it goes from there.
Old 10-17-2011 | 09:48 AM
BANNED

Originally Posted by Stoianoff31
I will be going with the pro kit
sounds good. i hope you like having the front of the car sitting high and the rear of the car sagging low and not being able to do anything about it.
Old 10-17-2011 | 11:28 AM
Racer

For your reference:
[IMG][/IMG]

Pro-Kit with Ingalls rear camber kit. Yes, I'm aware of the sagging look but as of today no complaint with the ride and look, maybe I got use to it. Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-17-2011 | 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Eibach makes a great set of springs. It's a 1" drop; reasonable, good quality, similar ride comfort to the factory springs. Most 3rd gen TL's have negative camber from the factory. It's a good idea to install the rear camber kit too. I'd recommend the Ingalls kit because it includes an arm for toe and for camber.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...5/i-60220.aspx

You need a qty of 2 to complete the rear of a car. We have this and the springs in stock.
Old 10-18-2011 | 10:00 AM
Instructor

sounds good. i hope you like having the front of the car sitting high and the rear of the car sagging low and not being able to do anything about it.
do you not read well? i asked if anyone had any issues the pro kit and you finally give some sarcastic advice after 3 posts. thanks for your 2 cents, but ill stick with the professionals

Originally Posted by chapu08
For your reference:
[IMG][/IMG]

Pro-Kit with Ingalls rear camber kit. Yes, I'm aware of the sagging look but as of today no complaint with the ride and look, maybe I got use to it. Good luck with your decision.
I dont see much of any sagging. I think it looks good. thanks for the pic

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Eibach makes a great set of springs. It's a 1" drop; reasonable, good quality, similar ride comfort to the factory springs. Most 3rd gen TL's have negative camber from the factory. It's a good idea to install the rear camber kit too. I'd recommend the Ingalls kit because it includes an arm for toe and for camber.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...5/i-60220.aspx

You need a qty of 2 to complete the rear of a car. We have this and the springs in stock.
Okay when I do order these I will purchase from you. thank you for the tips. its the brink of winter here in CNY so im not in any hurry. question: installation of the camber kit difficult? I will be doing the springs myself with a friend's guidance

Last edited by Stoianoff31; 10-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2011 | 03:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Okay when I do order these I will purchase from you. thank you for the tips. its the brink of winter here in CNY so im not in any hurry. question: installation of the camber kit difficult? I will be doing the springs myself with a friend's guidance
It can be difficult if the bolts are frozen. Otherwise it's easy. They come with detailed instructions with an illustration.
Old 10-19-2011 | 08:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Excelerate
It can be difficult if the bolts are frozen. Otherwise it's easy. They come with detailed instructions with an illustration.
maybe i should do it before a CNY winter lol. thank you
Old 12-21-2011 | 08:26 AM
Chapter Leader (Arkansas)

Just picked up a set of type s wheels for my 07 TL tech. I am going to lower it with the eibach pro kit but I have a couple of questions before doing so...

I know this is a bit late as far as response, but hopefully this may help you. I added a Pro kit about 5 months ago. As has already been stated, TL's tend to run negative camber anyway, so once my Pro Kit was added, my negative camber was pushing -2.5 and -3. I also had new wheels/tires put on at the same time and didn't feel like ruining the new rubber, so I opted for SPC rear camber kit. After approximately five months, everything is still fine. There is one issue that is well known: After the springs go through their "break-in" period, you may start getting some clicking noise...almost sounds like your rear struts are shot. I also had new aftermarket struts added during my conversion, so I know it wasn't the struts. Come to find out, the springs are so tight at the top that they are causing the clicking noise. You can contact Eibach directly and have them send you some coil "split tubing." Acura also makes these, though they are like $7 each (Eibach sent them free of charge). I added 3 sets of split tubing to the rear of each spring and the noise was immediately gone. Jack up the car, remove tire, and place the tubing as high as you can get it. After my springs settled, I was at approximately a 1.4 drop...front and rear.
Old 12-21-2011 | 08:36 AM
BANNED

do you not read well? i asked if anyone had any issues the pro kit and you finally give some sarcastic advice after 3 posts. thanks for your 2 cents, but ill stick with the professionals
yeah you're right. i don't know anything about anything.

make sure you post some pics of your TL after you "lower it" on eibach springs. i'm eager to see them.
The following users liked this post:
CLtotheTL32 (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011 | 10:07 AM
Resident Dingo

^ you're so fucking cool!! Hey everybody, don't disagree with this guy!! He's got some totally unwarranted sarcastic and wayyyy funny jokes and told ya so's in the holster! Watch out!!