Cheapest place to get 06 A-spec wheels?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Speed Freak!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cheapest place to get 06 A-spec wheels?????

I have been searching forever trying to find a good price on a set and now have found the info about the TPMS on the 06 wheels. What exactly is different than the previous wheels and is it a must have for an 06 TL?

Also where is the cheapest place to get them? The Ebay link I had previously found in another thread isn't working. Anyone have another or a updated link?

Also what is the Part# difference in the wheels with the TPMS? I would like the CHROME A-spec wheels also, part#?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I am getting tired of searching....

Josh
Old 03-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Intermediate

I have a NBP, Navi, AT, 06 TL and I actually just got these same wheels myself, the were installed today and look great!!!

I actually got these from my dealership. What I did was search the net and the cheapest I found these for (on ebay) was $1518.00.

I called my dealership and spoke to the parts manager and he matched the price, and that way I did not have to pay any shipping, and yes they came with TPMS.

I can pass you the dealership info and the parts manager's name and # if you like. He usually takes good care of me, as I have ordered quite a bit from him.

The dealership in located in a suburb of Chicago.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Instructor

pics installed?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 AM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Vince can you please give the dealership and person's name / number / info? Thanks!

Did you order or have the suspension installed here locally anywhere? How much did they charge you in labor?

I got a quote yesterday of $695 for installing just the a-spec suspension yesterday and I think it's ridiculously high!

thx
Old 03-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Intermediate

gqchicago, I have been ordering all of my parts through Arlington Acura in Palatine, IL (that is where I bought my car).

The parts manager's name is John Fairbarn. The # is 847-991-9000. He has been great to deal with.

Don't flame me for this, but I actually did not have the suspension installed yet. I will be having that done within the next 3-5 weeks or so. I get a little bonus at work at the end of April, so if not sooner i will be doing it then at the latest, but at least I have the suspension on order.

They have done all the installs for me there too. They quoted me 500-600 on the suspension install. Not sure how that price sounds, but i guess it is a little less than what you were qouted. The service guys said there is a lot of work involved in the install and that is why it is a little higher than I anticipated.

Hope this helps, I will post pics as soon as I can get the car all cleaned up as the weather was pretty crappy yesterday.

gqchicago, let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:05 AM
5mins2disney.com

Talking

I wouldn't flame someone for something like that, I am in the same boat, buying the a-spec stuff piece by piece (not a big fan of those who flame anyhow). The whole idea to me is since we're both local to help each other out with stuff, the internet is the great equalizer with stuff like this! I'll have to ask my dealership if they can do the same thing when I'm ready to buy them (I went to Ed Napleton, so far they've been great in all aspects including service, just the prices are high, well what do you want, it's a dealership service rates are high, but they do good work and have taken very good care of us).

I find it hard to believe that it will take a dealership a full 7-8 hours to put these in since they've done it a bunch of times before, when first-timers report being able to do it in that same amt of time.

Let me know when he gives you a price on a-spec install? After reading other's posts on here I am most likely going to attempt the install myself anyhow. Just did the CT rear sway bar myself and it was easy, and the bushings upgrades too, great upgrade, well worth it!

Wish I had the rims too but that's gonna have to wait a while! hehe

Thanks for the info.

Oh...maybe that price wasn't as bad as I thought either.. I called McGrath Acura on Ogden in Westmont yesterday and they quoted me $800 for susp. install and alignment.

Next, I called Car-X right down the street, they weren't sure but said labor is $100/hour. Seems like the hard part is getting the seats out.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

I will definately let you know the exact qoute I get on the install. I will probably do it at the end of April. I feel John at Arlington usually takes care of me on the price for the parts, it is just the install that gets me.

Like you said considering we are both local, hopefully we can help each other out.

If I was more mechanically inclinded I would probably try the suspension install myself, but that is a downfall of mine.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Speed Freak!

Any other places have a GREAT price on WHEELS? I have seen $1375 just wondering if anyone has seen/done better?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura of LV
Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
5mins2disney.com

Hehehe...well I was in the parts dept the other day during my a-spec self installation looking for a bolt..and I saw the parts mgrs screen on the a-spec rims. The hyper blacks COST for a dealership (the expensive ones) is $330....so there's an fyi for ya. Also...the screen said they would sell em for $550 that's of course before I tell them what I would pay and ask them to match it..but not in the market atm for those yet.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 AM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
check out this thread regarding a-spec wheels.

per post #170 (page 7) - $1380 shipped for set of 4. donno about the TPMS sensor though.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...5&page=7&pp=25
Old 04-11-2006, 01:42 AM
Instructor

i bought a a spec wheel for the '05 for $1050 from A of E and bought the sensors separate from acura of LV for $150. didn't plan on buying it separately but ended up cheaper. the wheels are identical except for the sensor.