Brake pad and rotor advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009 | 10:24 AM
Intermediate

Brake pad and rotor advise needed

Getting time to replace rotors and pads. Here is the package i came up with from (tirerack)

Cryo-Stop front rotors $80 per rotor
Centric Premium rear rotors 38$ per rotor
Akebono ProACT front and rear pads. $96 all 4 corners

I tend to brake late when driving and usually end up warping the rotors. I am really trying to put together a package that will help stop or prolong the rotor life. This daily driver and don't want to go aggressive. I was also looking into the power slot rotors ($326 for all 4 rotors). I like the benefits of the painted rotors.

Any advice would be helpful.
Old 10-16-2009 | 11:25 AM
Former Sponsor

ROTORA slotted rotors and ROTORA H2 ceramic brake pads are a good choice for those who are daily drivers and want to have a longer life and better performance of their braking system. The pads are a low dust, low noise compound with good bite.

http://store.excelerateperformance.com

Check out the ROTORA parts on the webstore and use promo code AZ ROTORA.
Old 10-19-2009 | 12:48 PM
Intermediate

Please advise if I have been mislead,
It is my understanding that slotted rotors will decrease the life of the brake pads. If so then how much are they typically shorted compared to blank rotors.

The package i was hoping to put together would have been for a cryo treated plain rotor for both front and rear. From what I have read the cryo treated rotor are supposed to really help with resisting warping and longevity of the rotors.

In the end the ultimate goal is to put together a brake package the quiet, low on dust and will last even with some spirited driving.

On a side note the website right now is not showing any rotora stuff for Acura’s (pads or rotors) but they where there Friday.
Old 10-20-2009 | 12:19 AM
05 SSM

just dont slam on your brakes =]
Old 10-20-2009 | 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattellis123
Please advise if I have been mislead,
It is my understanding that slotted rotors will decrease the life of the brake pads. If so then how much are they typically shorted compared to blank rotors.

The package i was hoping to put together would have been for a cryo treated plain rotor for both front and rear. From what I have read the cryo treated rotor are supposed to really help with resisting warping and longevity of the rotors.

In the end the ultimate goal is to put together a brake package the quiet, low on dust and will last even with some spirited driving.

On a side note the website right now is not showing any rotora stuff for Acura’s (pads or rotors) but they where there Friday.
The slots in the rotors do cut into the pads, which helps prevent the pads from glazing over and which also helps carry away heat and gas from the center of the rotor. So the life of the pad can be shortened but the difference is negligible.

Yes we've had some updates on the servers and product load updates so the ROTORA parts should be back up today.
Old 10-21-2009 | 09:38 AM
Intermediate

I am still not seeing anything for the rotoa stuff on the site fo rthe TL.
Old 10-21-2009 | 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

I am still not seeing anything for the rotoa stuff on the site fo rthe TL.
The website was updated a couple days ago with some new products. Somehow the ROTORA products vanished so they are rebuilding the catalog now. The ROTORA products will be back up by tonight.
Old 10-22-2009 | 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Alright after a little research, I am torn between getting the RacingBrake Slotted with RB ET300 pads or the Rotora Slotted with the Rotora H2 pads.

There is price difference of ten dollars between the two set ups.

This could be an expensive mistake if the wrong set is bought and want to avoid that. I just really want a set of brakes that are quiet, low dust and I can beat on a little without warping them.

It is a daily driver that I will drive a little aggressive every now and then.

Any insight or recommendations on which set up to go with and why would really help.

Last edited by mattellis123; 10-22-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:28 PM
4th Gear

Alright after a little research, I am torn between getting the RacingBrake Slotted with RB ET300 pads or the Rotora Slotted with the Rotora H2 pads.

There is price difference of ten dollars between the two set ups.

This could be an expensive mistake if the wrong set is bought and want to avoid that. I just really want a set of brakes that are quiet, low dust and I can beat on a little without warping them.

It is a daily driver that I will drive a little aggressive every now and then.

Any insight or recommendations on which set up to go with and why would really help.
What did you get? How'd you like them? I'm in the same boat right now.
Old 07-07-2010 | 08:38 AM
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 07-07-2010 | 02:03 PM
Former Sponsor

I never trust a lifetime warranty man. To me all it means is "if you have a problem this stuff is so cheap we'll throw new ones at you."

The Rotora parts are good but we have have had so much success over the years with Racingbrake I can hardly see recommending anything else. They are the cornerstone items in our new HT-Spec brake packages.