Wiring Help!! Lights/remote not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Don't Mess With My Type-S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Wiring Help!! Lights/remote not working!!

Sooooooo, I'm a bit stuck, and flustered, and frustrated as all hell. I know its long but I'm really stuck.

I was trying to finish my install of the Lighted door sills that I had received earlier from Supercomputer. Last week I installed the driver side. Both sills work perfectly on the door switch as they are supposed to. Today I went to try and fix the passenger side install. I had put them in the same time as the driver side but they were not lighting up at all.

I was following the wiring instructions from this thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/diy-illuminated-side-sills-led-overlays-supercomputers-821684/). When I had first installed the passenger side I had the power lead attached to the grey wire w/ blue stripe and they would not work. Using the above thread instructions I found the white w/ red stripe wire and went to tap into that. First I had to cut the red that I had previously attached since I could not get the tap off.

After I finished wiring I noticed that the dome lights and courtesy lights were not on. I shut all the doors and tried to lock and unlock with the remote but that wouldnt work either. I got the second remote out of my house thinking the battery was dead but that one didn't work either. I disassembled the passenger side wiring I had just done but no luck. I went over to the fuse box and noticed that the interior light fuse was blown. I switched it with a good fuse and the courtesy lights came back on, but not the domes (and the remote still doesn't work).

The kicker is that the dome lights work on the switch if I want to turn them on manually, they just don't come on when the doors are open.

Does anyone know what I can do? I am going to pull all the fuses and see if any others are blown but I am at a loss on which ones to pull. I also am trying not to take this to the dealer since I cannot afford to be without a car. At this point I don't even care about having the sills, I just want the car to work like it's supposed to again.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Anyone?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
06 White Diamond TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont splice wires! Ricer lights. PROBABLY BLOW A FUSE SOMEWHERE
Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Check fuse #21 in the under dash fuse box.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
^^^^ I'm assuming the fuse you have already replaced is fuse #6....
Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I wish I could help, I have the same problem and I have yet to determine what the problem is. I have posted before about this issue and the only thing I have been able to narrow the problem to is the interior switch that operates all the lights.

My lights went out for no reason one day, just stopped working when I open any of the doors or use the remote. I never touched anything, they just quit working one day. The switch inside still operates the lights but when you open any door no lights.

I have not tested the switch and i am not going to a dealer for this. I have taken apart the switch assy before. Its not hard to replace but you have to replace the whole assy, not just the switch and the part is like $300 on Oem acura parts site for a replacement.

If you discover otherwise and fix your issue with yours let me know. I have been going a year with no interior lights.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Don't Mess With My Type-S

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I figured it all out. It was all just fuse 6. When I said i replaced a fuse i just took out a good fuse to put into the #6 spot and thats why everything still wasnt working.