Window doesn't work- but new master switch and new window assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Window doesn't work- but new master switch and new window assembly

Anyone experience a situation where one of their windows (for me it's the left rear/passenger) does not work from either the passenger door switch OR the the driver's door master power control switch...AND where a new master power control switch was installed...AND a new window assembly for the passenger door was installed. ALL OTHER WINDOWS WORK from both their respective door switch and the master control switch. The master cut off also functions.
I saw the YouTube video about testing for power at the window motor...but didn't see anything about what might be causing it and how to fix. If you dealt with this situation, please let me know.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
if there is a frayed cable or damaged cable from the window motor to the drivers MICU (multiplex unit) that could cause all your issues. Check for continuity on all wires leading to the power window. Download a copy of the service manual and it'll help greatly step by step.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just an update: Hey sorry for the delay. Haven't been on here in awhile. No I never resolved the issue. The dealer charged me $100 to "assess" the issue (which would be applied to the repair) and their solution was to order the wiring harness for that door so they can keep troubleshooting. Installation labor for that sub-$50 harness was going to be north of $500 so I didn't do it and opted to research more. Their solution wasn't going to guarantee anything...it was just going to allow them to troubleshoot 1 section of the wiring at a time. And since my dealer has already tried to stick me with an $800 A/C repair which I got fixed at an auto shop for $100, I of course take their advice with a bit of salt. But I digress...
Old 01-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It appears I have the same problem. My left rear window regulator cable broke and after replacing the regulator, the window worked for a week but then stopped. I initially thought the new regulator failed, it would make a "clicking" sound when you try from the drivers door control but not at the left rear door control. I have since replaced the regulator, the window switch and checked the fuse which turned out to be good. I'm not a "electrical guy" so I guess I have to learn how to check continuity in the cables but would it "click" if there wasn't a electrical connection to the window regulator? Any help would be appreciated.