It is a truly Great Day!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile It is a truly Great Day!!!!

This is a truly great day. Ever since I bought my 2005 TL, it has been nothing but little problems not including the million rattles inside. I am a traveling rep and I am in the car for at least 5 hours a day and to have to listen to all of the rattles will drive you out of your mind. I have fixed many, thanks to everyone on this site, but every one you fix another appears. The dealership (Appletree Acura - Asheville, NC) that I bought my car from and had it serviced is worthless. Now my transmission is starting to act up and my dealer said nothing is wrong but another Acura dealer said I'm on the verge of a major expense (out of warranty). I know that some of you have said what do you expect for $35,000----it's not a higher end luxury car. I expect a car that is not made out of cheap plastic and vinyl. I expect a Honda product not to have mechanical issues also. I've owned a lot of their cars through the years. So I fixed the problems today. I got rid of the piece of crap and bought a 2007 Infiniti G35. It is amazing the difference in quality. If you would like an alternative, go check one out. It's a few dollars more when you add all of the packages but it is worth it. I wish everyone the best in fixing their cars and quite frankly screw Acura. Happy Holidays.

Jeff
Old 12-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
im thinking the infiniti dealer doesnt know about the tl trade-in transmission problems...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
transmission problems??? What were they exactly, and also how many miles were on the car. This seems to be another isolated incident as many TL's are over 60K and are still flawless with their transmissions.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
later dude
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Instructor

There is a simple fix for the rattles. Just turn up the radio. In 3 months I'm sure the G35 will start rattling just like the Acura did. Personally, I still think Honda is light years ahead of Nissan but you made your choice. Good luck.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:34 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts

G35 looks cool from the outside but not as good as the TL
Poor bastard's going to have to look at this every day. I've just learned not to look inside any Infinity within 3 hours of eating.

"amazing the difference in quality"? Does Infinity have better trees for their plood or cows for their pleather ? It's a nice car but I don't buy the "amazing" difference bit.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:35 AM
10th Gear

Actually you are looking at the wrong interior of the G35 - that's the old one. The new one is 10 times better and it has a wood interior (option) not that silver crap. I'm with you on that. Thanks.

Jeff

Trending Topics

Old 12-17-2006, 08:14 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by jac167
Actually you are looking at the wrong interior of the G35 - that's the old one. The new one is 10 times better and it has a wood interior (option) not that silver crap. I'm with you on that. Thanks.

Jeff
mybad.

I did look at the new one in plood and it is a bit better but still not for me. The gauge pod is kind of "bulbous" and I still can't get over the flat spot with all the buttons under the nav. The non-plood is still pretty bad. On second thought I don't think plood can save it.

And, that clock ! I like analog clocks and I realize the ovalized clock is Infinities signature mark but it's just plain wrong where it is.

Seriously man, if you like it that's all that matters. I'm just messing with you.
Enjoy your new car.

non-plood
Old 12-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adobeman
To be honest, I think the '07 G35 interior looks pretty good. It has an understated classiness to it. I wanted to buy a new car right away in June, but if I could have waited until now, I would get the '07 G35 over the '07 TL.

Oops, sorry, don't want to turn this into another G35 vs. TL thread. Anyway, sorry you had so many problems with your TL. I will admit, after talking to many Infiniti and Lexus owners that the TL seems to have a lot more problems, although still not nearly as many as a "regular" car.

Whatever pops your cork.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Pro

I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I am on my third transmission. I agree with everything he said. I'm also going with the '07 G35 in May.

I can't wait to get rid of this car, although I will miss it for some of its features.

But the new G35 should have the same if not more stuff in it for me to play with.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:09 AM
06 TL

what were your transmission problems and why was it out of warranty?? if you have a 2005 it shouldnt be out of warranty...oh wait, i guess you had a lotta miles on it huh?
Old 12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I too am getting pissed at my car
everything is falling apart and the ride is SOOO HARSH and u can hear every bump (which doesn't help with all the rattles) im constantly putting hand on different trim piece to get them to stop ratting
Old 12-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
and whenever i accelerate the car makes this weird airy sound like a diesel or something
and the dealer of course doesn't hear anything

not to mention my dash is fading and i can see the airbag - same with the steering wheel
Old 12-30-2006, 03:18 AM
06 TL

how many miles do your cars have? and what year models are they?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM
10th Gear

My car had 58,000 miles. It was a 2005 TL with Navi. The transmission was getting very, very whinny. Especially through the first 3 gears. That bothered me but the constant rattles (I fixed a ton but more kept coming)and the horrible service from Appletree Honda/Acura, in Asheville, NC were the last straw. For the value, you can't beat the TL but from an interior quality standpoint, it's a piece of crap. I've owned three TL's so I have the right to make that statement. It's amazing that I had three Honda Accords and never had to do one single repair to any of them but my three TL's (99, 2002-S, 2005) all had something constantly going wrong. Honda is slipping in quality and the other Japanese auto makers are going to bite them in the ass if they don't wake up soon. Could the quality problems with the newer Accords and TL's have anything to do with American hands putting them together??????? Whatever my TL is someone elses problem now. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Hooksta

So when do the rattle start and where do they originate? I only have a 2 week old 2006 TL and it is the most quiet car I have ever owned. I hear minor rattles when I have the sub kicked up but that's it.

I drove the new 07 G35 and it was my first car of choice. However, there were no deals to be had this early for the model. I even tried using a friends employee VPP program which only knocked off $500. The car loaded with options similar to the TL was pricing out around $37,000 (rear wheel drive ONLY...not all wheel drive which was another $2,000)

There is NO comparision between the 06 G and the 07 G. They offered my $5,000 off of a loaded 06 and I couldn't do it because was soooo ugly inside. I bought a close out 06 TL with Nav and AT for $32,000 (and I am seeing many here did much better than me on their deals)...love the looks both inside and out even if it won't hang with the 306hp 07 G. That's okay by me.

However, and this will make some of the TL fans mad here. Given the choice between spending the money it would take to get the S model, I would go with the 07 G35 all day long. Enjoy your new car Jeff.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Hooksta

(Oh if the question is asked, why didn't I wait six months to use the VPP code and wait to buy the 07 G35. I am also a sales rep and my company requires my car to be 3 yrs new for the $750 a month they give me for driving my personal vehicle. My old car was a 2003 Nissan Maxima SE and I would be out of compliance as of Monday, so I couldn't wait. The TL was my 2nd choice, and I consider an AWESOME 2nd choice and a good value...from my experience so far.

I get $750 a month whether I choose to drive a $20,000 Honda Accord LX or BMW 7 series. I picked a nice car like the TL since the car IS my office and I wanted some of the finer things. I chose not to get something like a M45 because I put too many miles on a car and I would hate to do that to a 50,000 mile car. Besides my wife already let me have a new BMW R1200GS for my toy this year, another reason NOT to make Momma upset.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:53 PM
10th Gear

I think the rattles happen either in the beginning or later on. I see a few that say they have never had interior rattles and then again I see many that have rattles. The usual are the doors rattle especially around the trim and windows, under the passenger seat, the dash, steering column, back subwoofer, sunroof liner, just about everything inside the car. I unfortunately had all of these rattles and I fixed about 90% of them. That's what happens when you build a car out of cheap plastic. Also your dash will start fading. Another great quality part. I wish you luck and hope I just ended up with an unusual piece of trash.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by jac167
I think the rattles happen either in the beginning or later on. I see a few that say they have never had interior rattles and then again I see many that have rattles. The usual are the doors rattle especially around the trim and windows, under the passenger seat, the dash, steering column, back subwoofer, sunroof liner, just about everything inside the car. I unfortunately had all of these rattles and I fixed about 90% of them. That's what happens when you build a car out of cheap plastic. Also your dash will start fading. Another great quality part. I wish you luck and hope I just ended up with an unusual piece of trash.
I have no doubt whatsoever Acura cut corners on assembly design to save money. I had 9 dealer visits just for roof rattles the 1st 15 monts alone, and now after 23K miles, they're starting again! And I now have one of those annoying vibration buzzes coming from the area around the Navi.

Bottom line: No padding between plastic and vinyl parts causing the symphonies most of us hear of these materials rubbing together throughout the interior, some of which are construed as rattes.

With all the warranty work coming into dealers from the 3G TL in the last few years just for rattle related issues, you'd think they would have waken up by now.