Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Georgebon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Response

Hello,

I have an 2007 Acura TL. I noticed the throttle response isn't as quick as other cars such as the TSX. When i press on the gas slightly harder than normal, I noticed that the car shifts its weight back a little then it goes off forward. I think it's because of the throttle response is bad.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
what kind of gas do you use, Ill assume you use 93 octane. I would recommend using seafoam deep creep. U could have some build up in the heads.

You can remove the intake boot with the car off. Then insert the red little hose onto the seafoam can and while opening the butterfly with one hand spray at least half the can of the liquid through the butterfly this liquid will not hydrolock your engine so dont worry its purpose is to clean up the build up u may have in the cylinders. I do this to my car and have no issue.

now after u spray half the can inside you want to stop spraying. Leave the intake boot off and then start the car the idle will be rough or very rough again no worries. Now what you want to do is keep the RPM 500 to 1000 above stock idle for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, then turn the car off. let it sit for 5 minutes.

Finally re attach the intake boot or cold air intake and turn the car on and drive aggressively, you will notice white smoke popping out the rear exhaust and that is normal. That would be all the build up coming out. this will lead to a more peppier throttle response.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by garroids
Hello,

I have an 2007 Acura TL. I noticed the throttle response isn't as quick as other cars such as the TSX. When i press on the gas slightly harder than normal, I noticed that the car shifts its weight back a little then it goes off forward. I think it's because of the throttle response is bad.

What do you guys think?
You might get a warning from the MODS. Another tip is also not on forums but google, bing, yahoo search engines can also find your answer. Reading helps, just don't take short cuts. Know the mantaince.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Georgebon

Thank you for the info. Have any of you heard of resetting the ECU for a quicker response?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by garroids
Thank you for the info. Have any of you heard of resetting the ECU for a quicker response?
That helps a lot too. I think what you are referring to is that is takes time for the car to downshift and then accelerate right? If so unfortunately there isn't all that much you can do. These 5 speed slushboxes Acura made are the sportiest transmissions out there. But resetting the ECU does help for a while.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Georgebon

I am talking about the weight of the car shifts back a slight bit just before it accelerates up. Anything i can do to prevent the weight shifting?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
there is nothing to do other then mod the car with high performance mods my car is very peppy. My throttle response kicks in as soon as i hit that pedal lol. 2 pre cats deleted, running DC sport mufflers, Cold air intake with an DC sports filter. P2R throttle body spacer. I use Royal purple HPS 5w-20 oil. I also am using redline atf but am upgrading in a week to redline type F atf which is way better for the tranny. Lets see oh and the crank pulley from UR is goin on there next week while i do the 100 k service. Anyway with my mods so far man i tell ya its vrooom vrooooooooom bwaaaaahhhhahahhHHHHh lmao. try the seafoam method i told u to do it takes 10 min and you will feel a difference trust me. The stuff really works
The following users liked this post:
garroids (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Georgebon

Originally Posted by Esanchez8701
there is nothing to do other then mod the car with high performance mods my car is very peppy. My throttle response kicks in as soon as i hit that pedal lol. 2 pre cats deleted, running DC sport mufflers, Cold air intake with an DC sports filter. P2R throttle body spacer. I use Royal purple HPS 5w-20 oil. I also am using redline atf but am upgrading in a week to redline type F atf which is way better for the tranny. Lets see oh and the crank pulley from UR is goin on there next week while i do the 100 k service. Anyway with my mods so far man i tell ya its vrooom vrooooooooom bwaaaaahhhhahahhHHHHh lmao. try the seafoam method i told u to do it takes 10 min and you will feel a difference trust me. The stuff really works
Thanks for the description of the mods man but I want to keep my TL stock. I will definitely try the seafoam method soon!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
as you can see from your 3 threads on the same subject; every one has different views on what is going on with YOUR TL.

but only...we have no fucking clue what the fuck is going on with YOUR TL.
The following users liked this post:
nttstt444 (04-03-2013)
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

Hey esanchez u sounds like a seafoam salesperson . how about try to understand what the other guys issue instead of bragging about what u gonna do next with your car. roids does not want to hear that,he want to keep his car stock. although seafoam is very good just mention it once please...esanchez. what u can suggest to roids is maybe he could adjust his throtlle cable from APP.Accelarator pedal position sensor. ill make a big difference.