Sqeak coming from top of right rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqeak coming from top of right rear seat?

I've tried to search for a solution for this problem but was unsuccessful. Has anyone else experienced this squeaking noise near the seatbelt area on the passanger's side rear seat? Is there a fix for this because it's annoying the hell out of me.
thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 AM
8th Gear

I believe I had the same problem on my 04TL. It doesn't squeak all of the time only when you hit a large bump in the road. My sound was almost a "chirping" noise. I took into my dealer during an oil change and they said they had it repaired. They replaced a part in the rear seat belt. The problem came back after a few days. I took it back in and this time it took them 2 days to repair the problem. They said a part had to be ordered. I don't know what they repaired but I do know they took out the back seat and back window shelf. I can tell you that I enjoy the car more now that this has been fixed. I have owned several Acuras and I think the TL is one of the best but I didn't have rattle and squeak issues with previous models.

The bottom line is take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Maybe if enough people have the same repair they will fix it before the car comes off the line.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Smile

Originally Posted by StLMO-TL
I believe I had the same problem on my 04TL. It doesn't squeak all of the time only when you hit a large bump in the road. My sound was almost a "chirping" noise. I took into my dealer during an oil change and they said they had it repaired. They replaced a part in the rear seat belt. The problem came back after a few days. I took it back in and this time it took them 2 days to repair the problem. They said a part had to be ordered. I don't know what they repaired but I do know they took out the back seat and back window shelf. I can tell you that I enjoy the car more now that this has been fixed. I have owned several Acuras and I think the TL is one of the best but I didn't have rattle and squeak issues with previous models.

The bottom line is take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Maybe if enough people have the same repair they will fix it before the car comes off the line.
Thanks for the info. I will take it to the dealer now that I know it's thee seatbealt.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shortly after taking delivery of my TL I had a chirp in the rear seat area. It sounded like a bird chirp. It would occur going over a speed bump, entering the driveway, etc. The dealer cured it, but only told me it was due to a seabelt anchor. It has not returned.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 AM
6th Gear

This sounds exactly like the problem I had, is was a squeak or chirping sound everytime went over a bump. Thought it was the sunroof. Went to the dealer three times and they finally fixed it...turns out it was the headliner..which can cause a squeak anywhere...they dropped the headliner, added sound reduction tape, insulation and new clips to hold it. So far, just a few days but the sound is gone...it had been going on for 4 months...
Old 08-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad it appears cured.

Mine may have been the same issue, as you never know what line you are getting,,,,just as long as tweety flew the coop!

It has not returned for me either. Considering the number of ticks, buzzes and rattles (chirps too!) people have reported out here, I was happy to only have the chirp! And happier it is gone!

Wings anyone?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
10th Gear

shake, rattles, and roll

I've heard a similar intermittant sound on my '04. My first squeek started after 2K, and I probably have about 5 or 6 squeeks or rattles. The problem is, they come and go so it's hard to make a dealer trip not knowing that day which one will be acting up. It's such a shame that for such a nice car to have this many noises. My last car, an Audi with 108K, had less rattles.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:24 AM
6th Gear

I did have a squeak that came from the headliner, i thought it was from the either the sunroof, seatbelt etc... turned out it was in the headliner, the dealer had to drop the headliner, tighten everything and it is finally gone....it was my 3rd trip to the dealer
Old 09-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Dr. Feelgood

I got my chirp (rear sqeak) fixed last thursday. I appeared that the strut was making the noise. Because the strut is under the rear wheel well behind the passanger rear, it sounded like it was coming from the seat belts. I got the strut replaced under warranty No more birds in the car!