Random codes poped up please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Random codes poped up please help!!!

it started yesterday... tire pressue moniter code: 85 poped up on my navi message center along with vehicle stabilty assist 81 & 84 with no lights on the dash... this moring i got up for work and started the car and now my 2 VSA lights , BRAKE and ABS light are on.... i took the car to my buddy at tires plus and he threw it on his can tool and came up with codes 81-03 and 86-31 i dive an 07 tls and take good care of my car...... he has no clue what it could be.... if anything would this be covered under my drive train warenty ???? please help!!!! -Erick
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
81-CPU
86-FCAN communication

Might be a bad VSA Modulator-Control Unit. It's on the passenger wheel well. It's the metal "box" with all the metal brake lines coming out of it. Do you happen to notice any leaks around the unit? It could also just be a bad electrical connection.

Could also be crap in the brake lines. When was the last time you flushed the brakes. They were due last year (36 months). If it were me and the system hasn't been flushed, I'd try that first. Use 2 quarts of fluid and really flush it good.

No, won't be covered under the drive train.

If the flush doesn't help, probably best to let the dealer troubleshoot this. Part is $1346 retail:

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/P...gPicture=False.

Probably 1 hour labor to troubleshoot and 1 hour labor to replace.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
81-CPU
86-FCAN communication

Might be a bad VSA Modulator-Control Unit. It's on the passenger wheel well. It's the metal "box" with all the metal brake lines coming out of it. Do you happen to notice any leaks around the unit? It could also just be a bad electrical connection.

Could also be crap in the brake lines. When was the last time you flushed the brakes. They were due last year (36 months). If it were me and the system hasn't been flushed, I'd try that first. Use 2 quarts of fluid and really flush it good.

No, won't be covered under the drive train.

If the flush doesn't help, probably best to let the dealer troubleshoot this. Part is $1346 retail:

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/P...gPicture=False.

Probably 1 hour labor to troubleshoot and 1 hour labor to replace.
now that i think about it a few days ago i taped the right rear wheel against a curb i went out side and jacked up the car and shook the wheel to check for wheel bearing damage... nothing... you think i could of damaged the speed sensor? ..... also i cant afford to replace the vsa... so im going to bleed the brakes tomorrow and cross my fingers dot 3/4 okay?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by ericksTL
now that i think about it a few days ago i taped the right rear wheel against a curb i went out side and jacked up the car and shook the wheel to check for wheel bearing damage... nothing... you think i could of damaged the speed sensor? ..... also i cant afford to replace the vsa... so im going to bleed the brakes tomorrow and cross my fingers dot 3/4 okay?
Wheel sensor DTCs are 11 through 18, so I doubt it..

Be sure you do the ABS activation procedure after flushing. Use the proper order and bleed the outside then inside on the brembos (front). The service manual scans are posted, just do a search. There is a rather epic thread on brake flush procedures somewhere in the forum...
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Advanced

ABS activation procedure? i dont wanna waste your time . ill look it up... i read up on the bleeding procedure fl outer then inner, fr outer then inner, rr then rl ??? i hope thats the correct order ... man i love my type s... but i kinda want to put it through a wall right now lol
Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Race Director

Service manual scan

The whole brake flush thread