Pedal Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ he still has vibrations in the TL ???
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
^^^ and his TL is faster than yours
The following 2 users liked this post by TLDude876:
DatDereTL (03-26-2012), rockstar143 (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM

^^^ and my TL looks better than yours
Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Old 03-23-2012, 06:33 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,962 Likes on 14,481 Posts
Swoosh, that's a rough come back...
he can prove that it's either faster or not, you can't prove looks since they're subjective!

Just sayin...
The following users liked this post:
TLDude876 (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 PM

^^^ dude unlike other people, i am willingly say his car looks better than mine....

I have no reason to say otherwise....I have seen his car in person and damn it looks good....hence the RED TEXT.....

and honestly dont judge me, i dont like it.....if its a rough comeback let him tell me that.....you do tend to make things worse by adding your own spices to the mix
Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Take it easy there swoosh, I think rockstar maybe forgetting his red text or he doesnt mean any harm by his statement. I honestly dont think it was a rough comeback, I take it as all fun and games. So before this gets out of control let's have a group hug. :gheyhug:

Edit. But yea, OP's car still vibrates like a mofo
Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by TLDude876
Take it easy there swoosh, I think rockstar maybe forgetting his red text or he doesnt mean any harm by his statement. I honestly dont think it was a rough comeback, I take it as all fun and games. So before this gets out of control let's have a group hug. :gheyhug:

Edit. But yea, OP's car still vibrates like a mofo
Thank you !!!

just saying coz this has happened before....as i used to tell my ex-girl "its not a big deal until YOU make it a big deal but adding fuel to the SPARK".....

and i doubt Rockstar knows and you and I share a healthy level of fun.....

either way....:gheyhug: am in.....
Old 03-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143

I would definitely try emailing them, at least if you have proof they are less than a year old! They are quality, but honestly...they are probably made in the same place the ebay specials are made. They just market better...bottom line, production lines are susceptible to product failure. No way around it.

About the suspension, had megans on my rsx...went with tein ss on the TL and I won't look back. I love how the car drives with the teins...nice and soft and smooth. That said, I CAN'T go as low as most of the guys on this forum!

Also...thanks for acknowledgement. You are WAYYY ahead of your time if you can hear advice and actually take it at 19 years old. I woulda been like..."why don't you stfu old man...I'm getting my fkn prius!"

Bottom line...all feelings are fickle. I love you, then I hate you...with women, with foods, with cars etc...you can convince yourself to love it or hate it. You go through enough breakups to then realize there's going to be something that annoys you about everything and it's forever changing depending on how you feel or where you are in life. Being happy, in general is a choice. I get annoyed sometimes and think WTF did I ever start modding this car...if I had left it stock I wouldn't have had XXXX problems with it. Then I see a stock one and think...OH YEAH, cause I fkn love how it looks, drives, sounds etc. And honestly...when all is smooth and well, I start getting bored. Only so much call of duty you can play...that would explain the BILLION times I swap the grills or change the tails or paint this or that then change it. My friends all make fun of me...they're like...SURE>>>>WAIT TILL YOU HAVE KIDS!! lol.
Hahaha thanks, I get that a lot.

I do have some new suggestions that a tech at Acura thought of:

1. Bad shock?
2. Bent hub?
3. Bad torque converter?

He suggested that I next should install my coils to eliminate if it's a suspension reason. I asked him if it could be my bushings... he checked them for free for me and said they were all good/wouldn't even cause that kind of vibration...

Note: My buddy's TL is lowered on springs and he says his shocks do bounce since he is at almost 90k mi and running on stock shocks with his springs. Could this be the reason why he didn't feel any vibration with my wheels? Or with his?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:52 PM

^^^ man pretty soon you will have a dozen new parts vibrating in there LOL....

this is what i would do....give them a $150 diagnostic fee and whatever it takes to fix it....if they are not able to, do not accept the car back
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM

I highly doubt any of those will fix this issue...unfortunately. Sounds like the guy was just throwing out any possible problem but it's highly unlikely.

Swoosh...ok, man...red text is for sarcasm, right? I was just kidding around with you...so I'm not sure what color I'd use to convey that since it clearly didn't come across. Wasn't being sarcastic, was being funny.

^^^no need to get into a debate on the difference between sarcasm and humor, please...it's not like we're discussing filter holes or anything here!

In addition, I was stating a fact...not my opinion or any personal attack. You seem like a sharp guy so I'm not certain why we but heads so often on these threads. I guess I have a hard time with people that are absolute with their opinions, suggestions, or observations. You always have to leave room for others to be right too. And THAT is my opinion...you had changed your tune in a few threads last week and honestly, I found it refreshing.

But yeah, I'm in for hugs as long as their coming...
DatDereTL (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ man pretty soon you will have a dozen new parts vibrating in there LOL....

this is what i would do....give them a $150 diagnostic fee and whatever it takes to fix it....if they are not able to, do not accept the car back
I think I'm going to try on my friend's 350Z wheels to 100% pin-point it's my car, and not my wheels. Then, do the diagnostic and fix it there. Or should I just have them figure it all out themselves (Try on different wheels, etc...)? I'm sure they will do that with another TL on the lot if I ask them to, right?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM

ain't nobody going to care about your problem like you, my friend...
sorry, but that's my opinion...I've felt like "hey, these are professionals" but at the end of the day, they will try their damndest and throw parts and money at something and if it doesn't fix it they'll just use the easy scapegoat of it being your aftermarket wheels. And to be honest, at the end of the day, they need to be paid for their time even if they don't find the problem.

I would have stuck with the guy you were recommended...build a rapport with him and get him vested in seeing the problem through all the way until you find a solution.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM

^^^ and what did you do Jer when your problem wasnt fixed ??? go get your refund ???

Thats what am asking the OP to do....

the guy at Acura told him:

I do have some new suggestions that a tech at Acura thought of:

1. Bad shock?
2. Bent hub?
3. Bad torque converter?
so rather than him going and spending $$$ which wont fix the issue, he can have acura look into the issue and he wont take the car back until then

Also Jer, am open to other opinions and i dont like scraping old wounds.....so what happened a week back, let it go....am a very very open guy so if i dont like something, i dont like something and point it out.....you dont like that habit, deal with it
Old 03-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Pro

^^^ and what did you do Jer when your problem wasnt fixed ??? go get your refund ???

Thats what am asking the OP to do....

the guy at Acura told him:

so rather than him going and spending $$$ which wont fix the issue, he can have acura look into the issue and he wont take the car back until then

Also Jer, am open to other opinions and i dont like scraping old wounds.....so what happened a week back, let it go....am a very very open guy so if i dont like something, i dont like something and point it out.....you dont like that habit, deal with it
And what if they say sorry, we couldn't find anything wrong with the car. It's the wheels. Total is $XXX. Have a good day! Just like Honda did!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Is the vibration really that bad? You do know that aftermarket wheels ride rougher than stock right?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLDude876
Is the vibration really that bad? You do know that aftermarket wheels ride rougher than stock right?
I totally understand that, I have had rims on my previous car as well. The vibration is not normal for any kind of wheels. It makes EVERYTHING inside vibrate and also some things inside rattle.

As I've said before, my friend with the TL drove his car with my wheels and rode as smooth as glass, and drove my car with my wheels and he asked me how in the HELL I've been dealing with this. Pretty much the entire car vibrates as well as the steering wheel at 65+. Smoothens out/comes back/smoothens out/comes back. Threw on his OEM wheels on mine and still vibrated, but at a higher speed like 80+. His wheels never vibrate on his car.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by DatDereTL
And what if they say sorry, we couldn't find anything wrong with the car. It's the wheels. Total is $XXX. Have a good day! Just like Honda did!!
you: i came to you with vibrations....is it fixed ?
him: no
you: then what am i paying for ? charity ?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Pro

you: i came to you with vibrations....is it fixed ?
him: no
you: then what am i paying for ? charity ?

You're right. I'm just gonna take it in on my next day off and leave it there till they figure it out.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM

Ok, fair enough. I'm very open too...so stop telling me I don't understand something when I don't agree with something you are telling others is unrefutable fact. You've done it in just about every thread we're both on. Fair enough?

BOT, no, I did NOT get a refund. I figured it out myself (or kinda got lucky that a new set of tires and balance fixed it) or at least convinced myself I don't actually have a problem.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 PM

^^^ with the lugs you got a refund right....

and lets stop pissing on the his thread and go to your thread

anyway you are mixing 2 threads hahahaha.....
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 AM

No sir, no refund for lugs, but I agree...I'm feeling more white flagish today anyway.

I want to know what DDTL's outcome ends up being!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Pro

Lol you guys crack me up.

We shall see very soon, my friend. Stay tuned!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM

Sorry Jer.....guess i was mistaken....i thought when you had a problem with your lugs and the shop didnt do a good job, they gave you some $$$ back....

DDTL....this aint your thread anymore but please do keep updating it hahaha
DatDereTL (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hello Datdere TL,

I am having similiar issues like yours with my TL. Here is what i did that fixed it. Got an alignment done and balance just the 2 front tires. Problem still there. While getting an alignment i noticed that my rear right tire have a bubble. I replaced the right rear tire along with with having the left rear tire balance. Vibration/shaking GONE.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 PM

^^^ I think he has done that but still riding a tire with a cup....
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Pro

^^ I did try and get an alignment done, but I have not tried replacing tires. They did ride as smooth as glass on my friend's TL when we swapped. He is lowered on H&R springs/OEM shocks. He says his shocks do bounce now, could that be the reason why he did not feel my wheels vibrate? Or is it the other way around...

Last edited by DatDereTL; 03-27-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM

^^^ a stiffer suspension will "connect" the driver to the road a lot more....what that means is you will feel every bump and vibrations will come in.....a softer suspension or spring will absorb that shock and wont carry it thro....
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM

True that...

sorry, thought you meant got a refund for my studs that I overtorqued, I did get a part refund for the dudes knocking my sideskirt off and partially bending the underside of the support from not putting the plates on the jack points for the lift...fkn morons...

DatDere...you seem like you're in a much better mood this week, bud...I will say that stiffer ride, smaller diameter tires... I swear I can tell you exactly what part of each highway is smoothest and leans to the left or right and which lane is best. I'm connected to the road...which is what enthusiast drivers want but a little LESS connected could work for me too
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Pro

^^^ a stiffer suspension will "connect" the driver to the road a lot more....what that means is you will feel every bump and vibrations will come in.....a softer suspension or spring will absorb that shock and wont carry it thro....
True.

You think Acura would swap wheels with another TL they have to pinpoint it, when I go to pay for a diagnostic if i ask? That way if it still vibrates, they'll for sure know it's the car and I'll leave it with them until they fix it. I might just ask them beforehand, and go from there.
True that...

sorry, thought you meant got a refund for my studs that I overtorqued, I did get a part refund for the dudes knocking my sideskirt off and partially bending the underside of the support from not putting the plates on the jack points for the lift...fkn morons...

DatDere...you seem like you're in a much better mood this week, bud...I will say that stiffer ride, smaller diameter tires... I swear I can tell you exactly what part of each highway is smoothest and leans to the left or right and which lane is best. I'm connected to the road...which is what enthusiast drivers want but a little LESS connected could work for me too
Thanks J, it's only a matter of time before you get over being upset about something. I've gone too far to just give up on it now, you know?

Yes, I know what you mean. I can not wait for my coils.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 AM

Seems logical, actually...
DatDereTL (03-28-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Pro

Well, my dad and I just now took it to a different Acura. After explaining the story, the guy took it for a drive and the first thing he said was it is the tires. He told me to take it back to where I got them road force balanced, and to check them again. Did that, and they told me that there is no problem with the rims nor the tires. I asked if it could be the combination of 912s and aftermarket rims, and he disagreed. I asked both Acura and Fifth Gear why my wheels did NOT vibrate on my buddy's TL and his wheels still vibrated on mine, and they couldn't tell me. Although... The guy at Acura says my buddy being lowered on springs MIGHT be why, because he sits more flat to the ground. He doesn't feel as much vibrations...

At this point...
Name:  mVS5y.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  22.8 KB

Last edited by DatDereTL; 03-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM

Maybe he doesn't feel as much vibration because he's lowered with some camber and there's slightly less contact with the roads...and or, it takes the tire slightly off it's centered axis where vibrations don't seem as obvious?!?!

Either way, I'll have my fingers crossed that the day you get your coils on and have a proper drop, this problem will be a distant memory.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Pro

Maybe he doesn't feel as much vibration because he's lowered with some camber and there's slightly less contact with the roads...and or, it takes the tire slightly off it's centered axis where vibrations don't seem as obvious?!?!

Either way, I'll have my fingers crossed that the day you get your coils on and have a proper drop, this problem will be a distant memory.
Yes, maybe his setup puts more pressure on them.

That's the only option I'm left with here. I'll keep y'all updated when I put them on. Wish me luck! Lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:43 PM

Bonne Chance!!!!
DatDereTL (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 PM

at this point i would just either:

1> put the setup for sale and get a new setup
2> ride out the vibrations and when the tire wear out sell the rims or get some nice-errr tires.....
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Pro

at this point i would just either:

1> put the setup for sale and get a new setup
2> ride out the vibrations and when the tire wear out sell the rims or get some nice-errr tires.....
Going with option 2! They look way too sick for me to get rid of them this quickly lol. But I'm sure these tires will wear out quick once I'm low. So that's most likely what I'll end up dong.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Who knows, when you slam her, you might lose the vibration too!
DatDereTL (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 PM

^^^ you know what Jer....I had the same thought !!!

imagine he slams it and says "yeah vibrations gone" !!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE...
Do you know how many times I am totally engulfed in an issue, want to get rid of the car or at the very least end my life and then a year later I look back and I'm like...REALLY, THAT was stressing me out?!?! Turned out to either fix itself, I fixed it easily, or didn't matter to me anymore.

Quick Reply: Pedal Vibration