Pedal Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ then how did your rim drive completely smooth on your friends car ???

also did you get your engine mounts checked ?
His is lowered, mine is not. That's what we came up with. And yes, I did. Everything is ok!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Damn I can imagine the long process and no result, this very frustrating.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,962 Likes on 14,481 Posts
you put the same ones you had on your front on his front 2?

also...look into tightening that bolt for the steering rack...I'm not 100% on which it is or where it is but google acurazine and lower control arm bushing failure thread.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ i agree with Jer....look into that as well....

and damn i got nothing else....
Old 03-17-2012, 11:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rockstar143
you put the same ones you had on your front on his front 2?

also...look into tightening that bolt for the steering rack...I'm not 100% on which it is or where it is but google acurazine and lower control arm bushing failure thread.
Yes!

And I had Honda look at that and said it was all perfectly tightened. Then again, they might of not even looked at it. But, my car with my buddy's wheels improved vibrations a lot. Then again, I feel like it still does vibrate at higher HIGHER speeds than the vibrations I had with the XXRs on. My question is, why did my XXRs ride on his car like butter and rode on mine like shit? Could it be that because his car is lowered? Can you put stretched tires on a stock height car without vibrations? What do you guys think of that theory? I mean, his wheels might vibrate on mine because he has a bent rim and his tires are trash. But then again, it's still mostly in the pedal. I'm seriously about to sell my car if it turns out to be something else. Fuck this bullshit
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Pro

Bump?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 AM

You know what's funny...mine were better on my fiancee's 08 than on my car too...I was so frustrated. Only difference is that this set of tires is actually stretched more than the other was...225 on a 9" rather than a 235. Maybe LESS sidewall is better?!?!

I am at a loss, bud...but I would suggest you lower your car first if that was in the cards anyway. And if that doesn't work, go buy a set of oem wheels to slap back on. Don't be too drastic!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Pro

You know what's funny...mine were better on my fiancee's 08 than on my car too...I was so frustrated. Only difference is that this set of tires is actually stretched more than the other was...225 on a 9" rather than a 235. Maybe LESS sidewall is better?!?!

I am at a loss, bud...but I would suggest you lower your car first if that was in the cards anyway. And if that doesn't work, go buy a set of oem wheels to slap back on. Don't be too drastic!
Well, turns out his rims vibrate on my car the same way, just at higher speeds than the XXRs. vibration gets WORSE when accelerating from 80+ with his 04-06 OEMs. So I guess lowering it has nothing to do with it? My dad told me to take it to a Acura instead of Honda and tell them to look it at and only to pay if they pin point it. Here we go again going from one place to another and they're all stupid as SHIT lmfao. How can I not be drastic? I have been dealing with this fucking bullshit for 3 months man. Don't you think you'd be fed up? I'd seriously drive a Prius than my car right now. Really getting to me...
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM

Do I THINK I'd be fed up!??!
No, I KNOW I'd be fed up...I said the same shit and now, a year and a half later, I couldn't be happier. And I dealt with the vibration for a LOT longer than 3 months.

Honda and Acura...going to either is the same shit, it comes down to having a tech that knows what they are talking about. Have you checked out the lower control arm bushing? Looked into having the steering rack tightened?

If your vibrations are different with the oems than the with the XXR's...then it may just still be the prius. Out of curiosity...you have only been feeling this way for 3 months now?!?! Your oem wheels you sold...were fine?! You SURE you're not looking for the problem more than actually having the problem?

I'm not telling you this because I read it...I'm telling you because I lived it. I was driving myself nuts...I test drove 4 different cars because I wanted out of the TL. I felt high speed vibrations with all of them...then swapped rims on my car, placebo would kick in and it'd feel great...then bad the next day...then be fine etc. It made me think I was possibly going nuts...I just realized that I was getting to be way too critical...I'd spend my entire drive FEELING for any vibrations rather than enjoying the drive...I'd keep telling myself "This is normal..." Not it's not...yes it is...

Now, got my new tires...put everything on the car as mentioned before and took it for a test drive and it was smooth as fk...sometimes though, if I let myself...I start feeling vibrations again and realize sometimes IT IS THE ROAD. Also, especially with lower profile tires etc...in the mornings and afternoon...I'd get on the highway and punch it...go from 30mph straight to 85 trying to feel it...
I NOW, get on the highway and start off 55 and work my way up to 80 and let the tires warm up.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be condescending but I went through similar sentiments...so I know where you are coming from. Otherwise I wouldn't waste 10 minutes responding.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Pro

Well, DAMN! Longer than 3 months?! You've got some patience man.

A buddy of mine that works at Hyundai says he knows a "genious" tech that knows what he is talking about at Acura. Should I go there and see what he says? I do now have proof it's not my aftermarket wheels like Honda blamed it on... I did make a side note when I took it in to Honda to look at the lower control arm bushing and they told me it was fine. I will check it out again and as well as the steering rack...

Yes, 3 months of major worry/headaches going back and forth and wasting a lot of gas and time. This is what I worry about EVERY DAMN DAY!! Like I said before, I do not remember having this problem with my OEMs. I am sure I would have noticed.

Trust me, it's not in my head. It is bad vibration that everyone in the car with me could feel! I even had like 5 people drive it. It's always there even if I'm in a super happy mood, getting my cock licked! Lol. I know exactly what you are saying though, rockstar.

Also, is there a possibility that it's the stretched tires + stock height?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Received 1,085 Likes on 810 Posts
^ Hang in there man, you gots to pay to play. I can guarantee you'll have a huge grin on your face when you get to the bottom of this. Did you order the coils?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by DatDereTL
Well, DAMN! Longer than 3 months?! You've got some patience man.

A buddy of mine that works at Hyundai says he knows a "genious" tech that knows what he is talking about at Acura. Should I go there and see what he says? I do now have proof it's not my aftermarket wheels like Honda blamed it on... I did make a side note when I took it in to Honda to look at the lower control arm bushing and they told me it was fine. I will check it out again and as well as the steering rack...

Yes, 3 months of major worry/headaches going back and forth and wasting a lot of gas and time. This is what I worry about EVERY DAMN DAY!! Like I said before, I do not remember having this problem with my OEMs. I am sure I would have noticed.

Trust me, it's not in my head. It is bad vibration that everyone in the car with me could feel! I even had like 5 people drive it. It's always there even if I'm in a super happy mood, getting my cock licked! Lol. I know exactly what you are saying though, rockstar.

Also, is there a possibility that it's the stretched tires + stock height?
^^^That was great, thanks for the early morning laugh.
IMO, you would think that at stock height, the rims are pretty straight, camber-wise...so being stretched or not should not cause a vibration.

My suggestion is if you're getting coils anyway...and your buddy didn't have a problem with your rims...get the coils on and see if maybe changing the geometry at all makes any difference. Then, if it doesn't go away...maybe think about selling the wheels...maybe get some oems for cheap or get something like Ronjon wheels since they're machined for our hubs etc...

BUT, before all that, I WOULD recommend going to that tech guy that knows everything about Acura. Can't hurt! Plus, he probably won't charge you if he can't find anything. The Honda techs...just straight up blaming some new aftermarket wheels are pretty weak IMO...they don't know cars well enough so when they get stumped they just blame the obvious problem even though the customer is telling them it's not the problem.

I get your tone though...I remember when I was frustrated it would piss me off so much when people would come on the thread trying to be helpful and ask if I changed my air freshener or cleaned my cup holders and that I needed to do that and get back to them on if that helped with my vibration issue. LIke, THANKS for being helpful but since you don't know how frustrated I am, please don't suggest stupid fixes that won't fix it.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
^^ I agree with TL DUDE.. patience... my car gets annoying at times but when it is right it is golden.. its what happens when you start tweaking things on the car... you never know what will happen but the times when it is smooth and perfect it beats anything else I been in
The following users liked this post:
DatDereTL (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM

True that...that's how I feel too. That's also why I walked away from buying 4 different cars. After the test drive they just didn't move me or inspire me enough to spend 30K on a newer car. I actually left the test drive WANTING to drive my own car.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM

for work i have to travel and they rent me good cars from budget.....

i get the new Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 or the Challenger R/T or the Charger R/T or the Caddy CTS.....but i always am waiting to come home and drive my car.....there is nothing better than that !!!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 PM

I DO dig the 5.0 with some 373 gears and stick shift though...
but not more enjoyable than the precision of some Japanese ingenuity...even in the new mustang...the steering is all over the place, the braking felt questionable. I'm just used to how Honda does things at this point.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TLDude876
^ Hang in there man, you gots to pay to play. I can guarantee you'll have a huge grin on your face when you get to the bottom of this. Did you order the coils?
I've been hanging in there for too long with no progress being made man, no matter who I take it to. I have not ordered the coils due to not knowing 100% that it's the cause. I'd be very upset if I get the coils, and later find out that it's something with the car that needs like 1k to fix. :/
^^^That was great, thanks for the early morning laugh.
IMO, you would think that at stock height, the rims are pretty straight, camber-wise...so being stretched or not should not cause a vibration.

My suggestion is if you're getting coils anyway...and your buddy didn't have a problem with your rims...get the coils on and see if maybe changing the geometry at all makes any difference. Then, if it doesn't go away...maybe think about selling the wheels...maybe get some oems for cheap or get something like Ronjon wheels since they're machined for our hubs etc...

BUT, before all that, I WOULD recommend going to that tech guy that knows everything about Acura. Can't hurt! Plus, he probably won't charge you if he can't find anything. The Honda techs...just straight up blaming some new aftermarket wheels are pretty weak IMO...they don't know cars well enough so when they get stumped they just blame the obvious problem even though the customer is telling them it's not the problem.

I get your tone though...I remember when I was frustrated it would piss me off so much when people would come on the thread trying to be helpful and ask if I changed my air freshener or cleaned my cup holders and that I needed to do that and get back to them on if that helped with my vibration issue. LIke, THANKS for being helpful but since you don't know how frustrated I am, please don't suggest stupid fixes that won't fix it.
I went and spoke to the tech at Acura this morning, and he said it's 100% my tires. After driving my car for literally 1 minute, he made a u-turn and told me he didn't need to go any further. He said he has the same tires and that they vibrate just like mine. I explained to him how me and my buddy with the same car swapped wheels, and how his wheels STILL vibrated on mine and my XXRs did not vibrate on his. He suggested that I get a new set of tires and that would fix my problem, guaranteed. Then, I one more time asked him why did my wheels not vibrate on my buddy's lowered TL, and he said it COULD be because his shocks absorb the vibration more...

I would like to get my coils, but not knowing the definite cause is holding me back. I definitely did not have this problem with MY stockies, and I have had multiple places check the car. So, if it's not the car/the wheels... is it my air freshener?

Last edited by DatDereTL; 03-20-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM

Don't know what to tell you, my friend. You've now had a tech AND me tell you the tires may be the culprit.

Falken 452's, vibration
Evo 12's, vibration

DW Conti's, like a dream.

OTHER things that changed since then. New tech/machine balanced this set. Went with 225 instead of 235 on a 9" rim.

Go back to where you bought the tires...see if you can tell them verbally over the phone that they are cupping or something and see if they'll warranty them. I had my Evo's for 5 months...called discount tire direct...they not only gave me full credit for them...they ALSO paid for free shipping back to them...AND I ordered 245's and they were too wide and they paid for THOSE to ship TO me AND back. Then free shipping on the last set I bought!

J.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Burning Brakes

if you got a buddy with the same spec tires then see if you can swap it.. will cost you a bit to do it but cheaper than buying new tires.. too lazy to go back on the thread.. what tires your running by the way.. I am lookng for new tires and your opinion matters
Old 03-20-2012, 03:14 PM

Dat, sell your tires to FVC...he's too lazy to read!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Get the coilovers, still going to need them if you keep the wheels or not
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 PM

That was the point I was making...can't hurt and might help.

But forget it, this thread'll end up closed. Datdere is at the toyota dealership signing off on 25K for a prius.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 AM

^^^ i would have suggested to do the same

but yeah damn the vibration was hidden somewhere.......
Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Pro

Don't know what to tell you, my friend. You've now had a tech AND me tell you the tires may be the culprit.

Falken 452's, vibration
Evo 12's, vibration

DW Conti's, like a dream.

OTHER things that changed since then. New tech/machine balanced this set. Went with 225 instead of 235 on a 9" rim.

Go back to where you bought the tires...see if you can tell them verbally over the phone that they are cupping or something and see if they'll warranty them. I had my Evo's for 5 months...called discount tire direct...they not only gave me full credit for them...they ALSO paid for free shipping back to them...AND I ordered 245's and they were too wide and they paid for THOSE to ship TO me AND back. Then free shipping on the last set I bought!

J.
The tech drove my car up to like 35 lol. I feel like he didn't even bother to try to REALLY figure it out. He didn't even listen to me when I kept telling him the wheels did not vibrate on my buddy's TL.

Though, I was reading about the front lower control arm bushing failure earlier, and all the symptoms perfectly fit in my situation. I am going to look into that, and go from there. It has to be it...

I am sure DW Conti's would ride smoother, but I don't think that is the cause to my problem. Why did they ride like a dream in my friends', you know?

I WILL be ordering my coils shortly, so that's not a problem.
Originally Posted by FCVadi
if you got a buddy with the same spec tires then see if you can swap it.. will cost you a bit to do it but cheaper than buying new tires.. too lazy to go back on the thread.. what tires your running by the way.. I am lookng for new tires and your opinion matters
Falken 912s. You getting 527s?
Get the coilovers, still going to need them if you keep the wheels or not
Exactly. What do you think of the HT-Spec Type-I with a RSB? That's still cheaper than getting the Type-II...
That was the point I was making...can't hurt and might help.

But forget it, this thread'll end up closed. Datdere is at the toyota dealership signing off on 25K for a prius.
Loled. Here are my wheels, dropped on H&Rs on his 04 AM:
Pedal Vibration-xsb2b.jpg
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Dat, car does look good

Few questions: you mentioned you put your wheels on your buddy’s car, did you use the hubcentric rings?

and I am guessing your buddy had 04-06 Base TL and your test drove those base wheels.. did you have any hubcentric rings in?

something to look at is the hub center for any damage, nicks or bends.. the other part would be to see if there are any irregular bumps on the hub area that should be smooth against the back of the wheel

also anything loose.. even slighting around the axle, rotors can cause vibration.. however something bad or worse would have happened if really loose

Rockstar, Tuesday was brutal for me.. made me lazy

Such a pain looking for new tires... I hate researching.. I am good at it but some days it just gets tiring

For the Falkens I grabbed these two things..

For 912 itself
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2975567

For Falkens in general

http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2237795/goodyear-viva-2-vs-falken-ziex-ze-912-tires
March 2011
I dont know about the specific Falken tire you mention but let me just say this about my experience with Falken tires. Customer bought 4 Falkens for his truck ,mounted and balanced them he was unhappy because of vibration so I remove them and perform a road force balance on them= 1 had excessive road force and 2 were marginal in the end i went through 4 sets thats 16 tires to get him 4 he was satisfied with,granted he was a little bit pickier than your average bear but it is his money he has a right to be. After that experience I personally would not own a set of Falken anything. Just sayin'.

Last edited by FCVadi; 03-21-2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: font size
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM

That AM looks great, man...
Why don't you just swap cars with your friend!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM

those vibrations were coming in coz you dont have an aspec kit
DatDereTL (03-22-2012)
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Could it be your shock?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Pro

It could be anything, but I'm not about to spend every penny I got trying to figure out what it is, going from A-Z. Also, ALL my interior LEDs randomly started messing up last night when I had them on... flickering, turning on/off and stopped after a couple of seconds. They are fine now, but one of them is burnt out. What the hell could have caused that? I thought it was a fuse and I went and bought new fuses and that did not do shit. Electrical problems? I don't think I'm meant to have this damn thing. I was heading out somewhere to meet with some friends and I got so angry, I turned around and road raged back to my housr and slammed the shit out of my door. I am done with this car. Appreciate everyone for trying to help me out. I really do. I'll let you guys know what car I get.

Last edited by DatDereTL; 03-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Haha no you're not. Never even realized you were in Jacksonville, did a road trip last wknd that took me thru there. Get coils, ditch falkens. Problem solved.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Pro

Haha no you're not. Never even realized you were in Jacksonville, did a road trip last wknd that took me thru there. Get coils, ditch falkens. Problem solved.

If it is Falkens causing my problem, why did his wheels do the same exact thing on my car??!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Everything worthwhile in life takes work to maintain...true in relationships, work and hobbies. Get used to it bud...either that, or I'd suggest not modding your next car at all.

I don't blame you for feeling how you do. When my car has an issue, I now look at it as a new challenge, something for me to figure out, something to work on. Keep it looking perfect...keep it looking and riding new. I have a lot more patience now, at 33. I did not when I was 19.

Your LED issue could have been a crap LED...they ALL run on the same circuit...if that LED was the weak link...and it was shorting, it would, could and probably did cause the flicker on all the others.
The following 2 users liked this post by rockstar143:
AcuraIntegTL (03-22-2012), DatDereTL (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
keep it clean

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
+1^

DatDereTL, I get the same way with my TL at times, but I'm with RockStar on this one. I use to work in Tech Support and I've learned to be more patient. Also, when it comes to trouble shooting, finding an answer can take minutes or months to solve. Hang in there.
The following 2 users liked this post by AcuraIntegTL:
DatDereTL (03-22-2012), rockstar143 (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

^+2 on what they said. At least you are not bored and indecisive as to what color to paint your wheels
DatDereTL (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Pro

Everything worthwhile in life takes work to maintain...true in relationships, work and hobbies. Get used to it bud...either that, or I'd suggest not modding your next car at all.

I don't blame you for feeling how you do. When my car has an issue, I now look at it as a new challenge, something for me to figure out, something to work on. Keep it looking perfect...keep it looking and riding new. I have a lot more patience now, at 33. I did not when I was 19.

Your LED issue could have been a crap LED...they ALL run on the same circuit...if that LED was the weak link...and it was shorting, it would, could and probably did cause the flicker on all the others.
I 100% agree with you. I chose to mod my car, I chose the challenge. From now on, I'm going to look at complications as a new experience/challenge like you said. Whether it's this car or the other, I will always run into crap messing with them.

Makes a lot of sense. Wow, and I thought V-LED was quality. You think I should try emailing them? I just have one that's out right now...
Originally Posted by AcuraIntegTL
+1^

DatDereTL, I get the same way with my TL at times, but I'm with RockStar on this one. I use to work in Tech Support and I've learned to be more patient. Also, when it comes to trouble shooting, finding an answer can take minutes or months to solve. Hang in there.
Will do. Thank you bud!
^+2 on what they said. At least you are not bored and indecisive as to what color to paint your wheels
Exactly. :gheylaugh:

What's your opinion on the HT-Spec Type 1s? I'd like to get them with a RSB, throw 'em on all together. What do you think man?

Last edited by DatDereTL; 03-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

^ Have my type 1's for just about a year now and they still feel like new. I dont have the RSB but I have heard nothing but great news about it. Do it man!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Pro

^ Have my type 1's for just about a year now and they still feel like new. I dont have the RSB but I have heard nothing but great news about it. Do it man!
Excellent. I am $60 away lol. Ordering everything when I get paid!

Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 PM

I would definitely try emailing them, at least if you have proof they are less than a year old! They are quality, but honestly...they are probably made in the same place the ebay specials are made. They just market better...bottom line, production lines are succeptible to product failure. No way around it.

About the suspension, had megans on my rsx...went with tein ss on the TL and I won't look back. I love how the car drives with the teins...nice and soft and smooth. That said, I CAN'T go as low as most of the guys on this forum!

Also...thanks for acknowledgement. You are WAYYY ahead of your time if you can hear advice and actually take it at 19 years old. I woulda been like..."why don't you stfu old man...I'm getting my fkn prius!"

Bottom line...all feelings are fickle. I love you, then I hate you...with women, with foods, with cars etc...you can convince yourself to love it or hate it. You go through enough breakups to then realize there's going to be something that annoys you about everything and it's forever changing depending on how you feel or where you are in life. Being happy, in general is a choice. I get annoyed sometimes and think WTF did I ever start modding this car...if I had left it stock I wouldn't have had XXXX problems with it. Then I see a stock one and think...OH YEAH, cause I fkn love how it looks, drives, sounds etc. And honestly...when all is smooth and well, I start getting bored. Only so much call of duty you can play...that would explain the BILLION times I swap the grills or change the tails or paint this or that then change it. My friends all make fun of me...they're like...SURE>>>>WAIT TILL YOU HAVE KIDS!! lol.

Last edited by rockstar143; 03-22-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM

so what was the verdict of the thread ???
Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM

He got a prius...it had a vibration too so he crashed it into a wall...he went back and got his TL back before it was too late!

I have the RSB and I will say that I felt it was worth the money when I bought it...know when you make a sharp turn, how you have that moment of lag as the car kinda dips forward and pulls back and THEN You can accelerate without triggering the traction control? Well, the RSB, on track mode will eliminate that and I love it.

That said, I'd HIGHLY recommend you work out your kinks first before adding too many other mods that tighten up the steering/suspension at all. It adds to the list of troubleshooting mods and makes it harder to pinpoint if you add too much all at once.

J.
DatDereTL (03-26-2012)

Quick Reply: Pedal Vibration