NEED HELP ASAP 04 stock alarm!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEED HELP ASAP 04 stock alarm!!!

Hey guys the past few nights my tl's alarm seems to be going off randomly. It goes off every 20-30 minutes. Its been driving the neighbors insane hence i live in a apartment complex. I've been leaving it unlocked lately so they dont bitch at me every time. I really dont know what could be causing this, the battery is fairly new in the car and remote and I dont really experience any electrical issues with it so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mihai
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
First check your door sensors. On your driver door jamb there is the sticker for the tire pressure. About 8 inches above you will see a ribbed black rubber piece. Press that in and the indicator that your door is open should turn off. Check all the doors (look for the black ribbed rubber) and make sure that they all function. If that's eliminated, check the hood latch.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 AM
7th Gear

Had this problem with an alarm on another vehicle - and the culprit was a poor ground in the alarm circuit. The door/trunk/hood switches are the best place to start - before you go any further down the troubleshooting road.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys, I have tried the door sensors like both of you said and they work perfectly. I just noticed that when i lock the doors from the remote the lights outside do not light up like they used to and it doesn't beep but you can hear the doors lock. I also noticed that the security LED is not flickering anymore but the alarm still goes off. I really do not know what other troubleshooting techniques there are and im really afraid to leave it unlocked anymore cause someone might snatch my ipod radar detector and subs from the car. Any other input is greatly apreciated!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Anyone??
Old 02-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
go to the acura dealer and see if they can find any DTC"s that the car might have
Old 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 97whtse
Anyone??
Yes. It is most likely your hood switch as CSMEANCE mentioned. The control unit is sensing that the hood is open and therefore not arming the alarm. It was on its way out when it was intermittently going off. Disconnect it and try arming it. If the alarm arms then you have located the issue.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Door switch may be the culprit.

I have the same problem on my '04 TL. With mine, it's the passenger side rear door. It only happens after a cold wet day, and since I live in Houston, we don't get many of those. In any case, I found that if you simply latch the seat belt on the front driver seat, it "thinks" that there is someone in the vehicle, and won't fire off the alarm. You can still lock the vehicle. It's a stopgap fix until you can get whatever sensor is causing the problem repaired or replaced. On a side note, check to see if the door ajar indicator lights when the alarm is sounding. If one of the doors is the culprit, the display should tell you if it is one of the doors and which one.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Have the same problem with mine, turned out to be the passengers door sensor got bent when my friend closed the seat belt buckle in the door and bent the door sensor. I also had the same symptoms with the car not locking or beeping because it was still sensing a door was open. I also had the issue though that when I accelerated or cornered the chime would go off and the lights would come on, it was really annoying. Mine is an 04 TL.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
where is this switch, i am having the same problem?

OP - I thought this was obvious but if you are still having this problem maybe take the ipod and radar detector out

Originally Posted by RACINGHART03
Yes. It is most likely your hood switch as CSMEANCE mentioned. The control unit is sensing that the hood is open and therefore not arming the alarm. It was on its way out when it was intermittently going off. Disconnect it and try arming it. If the alarm arms then you have located the issue.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I have an 06 Tl and I'm having this same issue. Checked the door sensors, which appear to be fine. Can anyone point me to the trunk and hood sensors? and possibly where the ground wire is for the alarm? Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what he said please ^^^
Old 09-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Advanced

has anyone found a solution to this problem yet, please let me know.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
guess they did but failed to touch base. persoanlly i think it might be the drivers lock/unlock switch. no not the actuator, no not the switch located on the panel, but the switch that is located on the inside of the drivers door handle. seen those break due to accidents,weather fatigue,or broken glass. this will rake havoc on a tl ranging from erratic mirror function to alarm issues...
Old 09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Advanced

my alarm usualy goes off after a storm or something.. its really killing me. ive been doing the little seat belt gapfix until i can figure out whats the problem
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dable212
I have the same problem on my '04 TL. With mine, it's the passenger side rear door. It only happens after a cold wet day, and since I live in Houston, we don't get many of those. In any case, I found that if you simply latch the seat belt on the front driver seat, it "thinks" that there is someone in the vehicle, and won't fire off the alarm. You can still lock the vehicle. It's a stopgap fix until you can get whatever sensor is causing the problem repaired or replaced. On a side note, check to see if the door ajar indicator lights when the alarm is sounding. If one of the doors is the culprit, the display should tell you if it is one of the doors and which one.
Hey all. I accidently left my roof open last nite and unfortunately Noah decided to come thru MD and test the boyancy of the Ark... Needless to say this morning water was leaking from my vanity mirrors, rolling down both windshield pillars and my front seat bottoms were soaked... Long story short I get to work go in and about an hour later they tell me my alarm is blasting the back parking lot... I go out and unlock, which disarms it but when I try'd to reset nothing... Never opened any doors so I know nothing is bent... but now also my right rear door is showing in the mid as open... and I can unlock, roll down but cannot lock from the remote.... Does anyone know if there is a connection point on the right front or left front kick panel area that could have gotten wet and caused this...??? BTW I got a dehumidifyer going in the front seat.... hopefully this will suck all the water out of the interior....
Old 09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nicourt
Hey all. I accidently left my roof open last nite and unfortunately Noah decided to come thru MD and test the boyancy of the Ark... Needless to say this morning water was leaking from my vanity mirrors, rolling down both windshield pillars and my front seat bottoms were soaked... Long story short I get to work go in and about an hour later they tell me my alarm is blasting the back parking lot... I go out and unlock, which disarms it but when I try'd to reset nothing... Never opened any doors so I know nothing is bent... but now also my right rear door is showing in the mid as open... and I can unlock, roll down but cannot lock from the remote.... Does anyone know if there is a connection point on the right front or left front kick panel area that could have gotten wet and caused this...??? BTW I got a dehumidifyer going in the front seat.... hopefully this will suck all the water out of the interior....
UPDATE the dehumidifyer WORKED had it on 6 hrs and now my Remote locks / unlocks and the lights flash as they should..... From now on I'll close EVERYTHING at exit.....