Master Minds key in

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I'M GOING IN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Master Minds key in

Hey guys Im having alot of trouble with the TL. This week I got in my car and started it up. While Im driving all of a sudden the door locks starting going crazy up and down. The locks go crazy and you can here the relay going off in the fuse box.

I have been looking all day and pulled everysingle fuse and relay out from under the dash and cannot find the relay that is going off either. Can anyone show me where this relay is???
I pulled the fuse for the power locks and heard just the relay goinging off.

Now when I shut the car off the door locks act normal and dont go crazy. I just spent 300 bills two weeks ago fixing the fuel pump and by the dealers quite "remapping the ECU" I need some help guys and I know someone can help me out there???
Old 07-02-2010, 11:12 PM
ElectroMechanicalEngineer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by hondadna4
Hey guys Im having alot of trouble with the TL. This week I got in my car and started it up. While Im driving all of a sudden the door locks starting going crazy up and down. The locks go crazy and you can here the relay going off in the fuse box.

I have been looking all day and pulled everysingle fuse and relay out from under the dash and cannot find the relay that is going off either. Can anyone show me where this relay is???
I pulled the fuse for the power locks and heard just the relay goinging off.

Now when I shut the car off the door locks act normal and dont go crazy. I just spent 300 bills two weeks ago fixing the fuel pump and by the dealers quite "remapping the ECU" I need some help guys and I know someone can help me out there???
Ive had a similar issue, turned out to be a shorted wire in the lock/unlock circuit that was grounded accidentally by an adjacent bolt
Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
did it start right after working on the fuel pump? what was done on that?

Easy to short a wire in the system and cause your problem as the poster above said
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 AM
I'M GOING IN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys the car is acting so weird today when the fan kicks in to cool the motor the locks go off once with the fan at the same time. The other day when I was driving they would go crazy when when I was driving and when I would stop at a light they would stop. Then after a awhile it did the opposite when I would be stopped they would go off and when I was accelarating they would stop it's getting fustrated I'm starting to strip the car to find what the problem could be any other suggestions???