Long rant about my car problems for the day

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long rant about my car problems for the day

Let me begin to say I am furious about a situation that happended to me. To basic put it in a nutshell. I bought a 06 TL about 3 months ago, and just recently had it Tinted a few weeks ago. I had takin it to a repuable place that was recommended by numerous people around my area. I took my car there dropped it off for the day for them to tint it. When I got it back it looked great, and had no problems with it. A couple days later I had found a rattling noise coming from my both front doors, and heard something behind the door paneling sounded like it was broken everytime I tried to roll my windows down and up. So the following day I had takin it to my local dealership from where I purchased my car from. Upon me taking it there and describing my current problem they began to look at it. After they had taking the door panel off the service tech came and got me and showed me what was wrong. He began to say look All I have done was taking your door panel off and I saw that your window cable has been snapped along with some other problems with the window motor and etc. He then asked me have you had your window tint put on recently? I had told him I just got it put on a few days ago. Upon that he had told me that the tint place I took it to removed my door panel for some odd reason and upon doing that managed to damage my window cables snapping them, and damage some other things behind the door panel without telling me so then I was furious. They covered it under warrenty cause I raised hell with them. After not having a car for a whole two weeks and relying on my friends to take me to work and school. I got my car back good as new. After I got it back I started to notice I had tint problems such as everytime I rolled my windows down and up it was scratching the tint, I was just so heated after that already having current problems with the car more to add to it. After reading and researching the topics of window scratching problems I had considered moleskin. Aside from that I took it upon myself to take my car to another tint shop and ask them there opinion about my tint job and the current problems I was having with it. First off they told me that I not only paid for the highest grade tint that you can buy, they put the cheapest one on my car, and managed to put scratches all over my hood and back trunk lid from my understanding was putting stuff like boxes, tools etc on it. And they managed to put a 1cm scratch on my actual window from trying to cut the tint out on my window and not doing it properly. So I am a pretty calm person but I was just so pissed. I went to the tint place that did my tint told them what the other tint place i went about my current problems they denied everything saying they didnt remove my door panels that it was a defect in the car, that they put "their" best tint on the car, and they didnt do the scratch on the window, or the scratches on my car. So then I proceded to show them that I had acura fix my car and write out a fake invoice on how much it would of costed me if I would of paid. And they said that The Acura Dealership was lying and just tying to blame someone for there crappy work on my car. They not only said they were not going to refund my money because I was happy and basically told me I was shit out of luck because there warrenty does not cover scratches only fading and bubbling. So there only option to help me out was to take off all the tint and reapply new tint. But I refuse to leave my car there for a day and have them work on it again and damage other stuff. So I am having a friend of mine that does it, fix it for me on thursday after I take my car up to the dealership to have some more rattling fixed or attempted to be fixed. I just can't believe all these problems I am having with this car, man i had a 94 integra with no problems ever and this is just mind boggling. I know I am complaining and whining but jeez this is ridiculous. Sorry for the long rant.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
if paragraphs were used I would read that
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
The tint place is the osource of the problem. Take them to small claims court and get a refund back from them. Also get an invoice from acura giving total parts and labor cost if it were not covered. Also get a letter form the second tint place that said it was cheap tint.
As you already may know, the TL scratches tint because the window forms a vucum when closed, so any dirt will get coaught inside and scratch the tint. That is why moleskin is applied. Good to hear that acura covered under warrenty. Anyway, take them to small claims court and get your money back. Also got to the BBB's site bbb.org i think, and fgile a complaint with them.

for the lazy, here is a short version:
bought TL 3 months ago.
Got a good tint shop to tint it.
when he got the car back, something soulded like it was broken so he had acura take a look at it.
Acura sid that there were numerous things broken inside from a bad tinting job. Acura covered it under warrenty after he raised hell.
Whet to second tint shop and got a the answer that he paid for the best tint and got the cheapest one put on, tinit place scammed him.
Furious, he went to orignal tint shop and confronted them, they denied it and then said they don't cover the tint being scratched or having bubbles in it.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:13 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^ - ahh, thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Going to have to chalk this one up to experince. I to had a problem after having the windows tinted, dealer told me $600 to replace door panel. I told them to do, once inside panel they only had to replace one piece $98. I didn't do back to tinter. And won't be using them again. They had tinted 4 other cars for me.

Originally Posted by csmeance
for the lazy, here is a short version:
Thanks for the cliffnotes, but it's not about being lazy. It's about being able to read something without getting so dizzy, I'll fall off my chair.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:50 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appologize for the lenght of that. Just was in a real hurry typing that is all. As far as everything else. I am taking my car back to Acura tommorow to have them fix my rear subwoofer for the second time to stop the damn rattling, and a good friend of mine is going to do the tint for me tommorow so hopefully everything gets taking care of. I think I am just going to file a claim with the tint place because that is just ridiculous in my book, and its not right. I argued with them till my voice gave out they weren't going to budge so I am contacting my lawyer tommorow and see what happens. Does anyone think that contacting the better bureau business would do anything?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by Distorted Reality
I appologize for the lenght of that. Just was in a real hurry typing that is all. As far as everything else. I am taking my car back to Acura tommorow to have them fix my rear subwoofer for the second time to stop the damn rattling, and a good friend of mine is going to do the tint for me tommorow so hopefully everything gets taking care of. I think I am just going to file a claim with the tint place because that is just ridiculous in my book, and its not right. I argued with them till my voice gave out they weren't going to budge so I am contacting my lawyer tommorow and see what happens. Does anyone think that contacting the better bureau business would do anything?
For the sub rattle, foam the little plastic doors on the seatbelt anchors, that is where 90% of the bass rattle comes from. Also filing with the BBB will do something as they just commited FRAUD!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also file with the state AG.